Deep Elf Crusaders...

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Slime Squisher

Post Thursday, 10th February 2011, 07:02

Deep Elf Crusaders...

I've been trying out DeCr's lately just for fun. They're not too bad, because they have great spellcasting so you'll rarely miscast, which especially sucks on characters with average spellcasting who need a Berserker Rage in a fight but it's only at Fair/Good. And they could probably get Haste castable significantly earlier. Most crusaders get Haste to Good at around the end of Lair, am I right? Deep Elves could maybe get Haste by the beginning of Lair, although this might be wrong because their experience level is still too low (especially with 140% exp).

I had one DECr that was very promising, looked like it was going to actually make it. I took an orcish dagger of electrocution off a goblin on D:3 or so and I would use that as an emergency button for everything. I even met Prince Ribbit on D:5 and defeated him in straight 1v1 melee combat, without even using Berserker Rage. Then I met Down and Duvessa and I hoped to cast one berserk and clear them both with some quick electrocution. Unfortunately, one of them spawned with a wand of draining and I fell in 3 zaps... Now I don't feel like playing DECr's anymore.
TrCK:
Xom grants you an implement of some kind.
_Something appears at your feet!
4790 gold pieces {god gift}.

DsAr:
You blink. You feel slightly more hungry. Prince Ribbit hits you. You die...
"Hey, that's my toy!"
Xom revives you!

Halls Hopper

Post Thursday, 10th February 2011, 10:46

Re: Deep Elf Crusaders...

DECr are awesome!

Hard to start but if you get to temple it's only up from there, go kiku, and you have a beautiful easy game with high enough hp, great apts and a great god.
Go kiku!

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too