CIP -> MuNe: Stuck between a rock and a hard place

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Swamp Slogger

Post Monday, 14th May 2012, 04:02

CIP -> MuNe: Stuck between a rock and a hard place

I've amassed an army of abominations, except there's one big problem I have. None of the rune branches I've found so far are safe enough to do as a Mummy necromancer. Spider nest is a bit broken with the Emperor scorpions and Orb of destruction spamming spiders... and Slime pits just is not Abomination safe. Plus, isn't TRJ immune to pain/torment? Hell and Pandemonium are absolutely out of the question. It's a big enough pain to try and get the abominations to follow me up/down stairs and Kiku's corpse deliver will only get me so far.

This game is starting to look kind of unwinnable at the moment. All my EXP is into Necromancy, Spellcasting, Conjuration and Poison magic, (The latter two so I could cast Mephetic cloud and Poisonous cloud.) and my gear is nothing to write home about execpt a +7+8 Quick blade of pain.
"Crawl is cruel. But we keep coming back to it like an abusive boyfriend. It keeps telling us how it will be different this time by giving us early robes of the archmagi and staves of fire. Then it backhands you with a Centaur on D4." ~Me

Slime Squisher

Post Monday, 14th May 2012, 04:39

Re: CIP -> MuNe: Stuck between a rock and a hard place

1.) Post a character dump
2.) More D/Vaults
3.) A +7/+8 quickblade of pain is good enough to get three runes by itself

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Monday, 14th May 2012, 04:47

Re: CIP -> MuNe: Stuck between a rock and a hard place

More D/Vaults are never hard for anyone with an army of abominations and a quick blade of pain. If they seem hard, change your tactics and/or get more Dodging and/or wear mottled dragon armour.

It is extremely unlikely that you need anything more, yes. You can do Slime Pits, but don't bring abominations - the walls would burn them to death in seconds TRJ is absolutely vulnerable (no rN whatsoever). Just summon two or three corpses from Kiku and use Kiku torment three times (in a corridor), then start killing dudes. Teleport as needed. Clear out Slime:6 totally around the vault before moving in to the kill. This is also much harder than spider.
And yeah... with that quickblade and Dispel Undead there is absolutely nothing to complain about. Zot won't be hard either. You probably want Animate Dead so you can drown orbs of fire in zombies or something, though.

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too