DeFE: Blinking kills

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Temple Termagant

Post Thursday, 19th April 2012, 22:18

DeFE: Blinking kills

All my promising casters tend to die in especially stupid ways, like my DeFe of Vehumet:

After clearing Orc and Lair I, wanted to confront Erolcha, who I fled from before (is this correct english??).
I thought I was extra clever casting an Orb of Destruction on her and then quickly blinking away, to reduce the risk of being banished.
Well... I started the Orb and then blinked... exactly in front of the Orb, since I forgot to put on my ring of teleport control (which I was wearing it CONSTANTLY, I only removed it in favour of a ring of sustenance to move to my stash)

The guy was a ticking time-bomb anyway, since he had the "evolve" mutation and no way to cure it. (I picked it up from a potion of mutation of which I found 3 on like DL 4... Who could have guessed?)

Dump:
http://pastebin.com/JridPRXX

Blades Runner

Post Thursday, 19th April 2012, 23:27

Re: DeFE: Blinking kills

Gotta admit that's kind of funny.

hxy

Slime Squisher

Post Friday, 20th April 2012, 06:08

Your mutations were not too bad actually.. and evolution can give good mutations as well.. pity!

Temple Termagant

Post Friday, 20th April 2012, 19:46

Yes, the mutations were OK so far, but maybe the next one would have been berserkitis? Or ultra-fast digestion? Maybe there is equipment that makes most bad mutations manageable (teleport control, clarity, sustenance,...) but you need to find them and you cannot were them all at the same time!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 20th April 2012, 20:23

I love Evolve. Favorite mutation, especially when it hits RAPIDLY status.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 20th April 2012, 21:38

yeah - evolve gives 50% random, and 50% good mutations - ie, 75% chance of good mutations. It's still possible to entirely screw yourself over with it, but in general, it's worth giving a shot, if you can get it ;)

If you don't want to try it, putting on a rMut amulet with evolve 1 will make it pretty unlikely you ever get much, although the same can't be said for evolve 3 (I imagine - I've never actually gotten up to evolve 3).

cjo

Spider Stomper

Post Saturday, 21st April 2012, 16:10

stimmpack wrote:
After clearing Orc and Lair I, wanted to confront Erolcha, who I fled from before (is this correct english??).
I thought I was extra clever casting an Orb of Destruction on her and then quickly blinking away, to reduce the risk of being banished.
Well... I started the Orb and then blinked... exactly in front of the Orb, since I forgot to put on my ring of teleport control (which I was wearing it CONSTANTLY, I only removed it in favour of a ring of sustenance to move to my stash)

I can't even tell you how often I've died to similar "oops" moments... you're not the only one!

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too