YASD: Sludge Elf Transmuter of Chei

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Slime Squisher

Post Wednesday, 29th February 2012, 05:56

YASD: Sludge Elf Transmuter of Chei

I just posted a CIP about this lucky fellow just this afternoon. Sadly, after SlouchX6'ing the Royal Jelly flat, an ooze promptly spawned in one of the loot rooms and started slurping up spellbooks. So I rushed in there, killed him, looted everything asap, and then went to clean up an azure jelly and a brown ooze that had come along in the meantime. While thinking about the new loot and spells and shinies I'd just gotten. Inattentive! They managed to get me down to 23 HP before I realized I was in serious trouble. I was in Statue Form, but hadn't bothered to put up Repel Missiles, Stoneskin, Phase Shift, or Regen. Nor put on my ring of resist cold for a single rC+. (I did at least have an amulet of resist corrosion on for the whole branch.)

Even so, I must have had a string of unlucky misses because I was normally killing these in 2-3 attacks. My 98% reliable Controlled Blink away then failed and I was down to 11 HP. Wand of healing on myself, more incoming attacks, 1HP. Controlled Blink away again, Brown ooze got me from range. Didn't think to check to see if I still had access to Chei's Step From Time. Several lessons learned here.

I'm really aware that it was the great artifact jewelry artifact synergy that boosted this character into branch-clearing power. But maybe I've learned enough about the playstyle now to not need as much luck next time. We'll see!
Won with: KeAE^Sif, NaWz^Sif, NaTm^Chei, SpEn^Nmlx, GrEE^Qaz, HOFE^Veh, MiBe^Trog, DrFE^Hep, FoFi^Zin, CeHu^Oka, DjFE^Ash, DrIE^Ru, FeSu^Jiy, GnCA^Usk.
In Progress:
Long-term goal: complete the pantheon.

For this message the author mattlistener has received thanks:
MyOtheHedgeFox

Vestibule Violator

Post Wednesday, 29th February 2012, 12:20

Re: YASD: Sludge Elf Transmuter of Chei

Nice attempt. =)

Next time, remember that you can re-name the topic you created (edit it). It is more convenient to use a single topic than to scroll through a lot of topics made by you, if you plan to trace your mistakes. =)
If you find any mistakes or typos in my post, feel free to PM me about it. Thanks in advance!

The Verse flows throughout Aquaria...
Through each ripple and wave...
Through every living being...
The Verse binds us all as one.

Slime Squisher

Post Thursday, 1st March 2012, 17:12

Re: YASD: Sludge Elf Transmuter of Chei

Roger, will do.
Won with: KeAE^Sif, NaWz^Sif, NaTm^Chei, SpEn^Nmlx, GrEE^Qaz, HOFE^Veh, MiBe^Trog, DrFE^Hep, FoFi^Zin, CeHu^Oka, DjFE^Ash, DrIE^Ru, FeSu^Jiy, GnCA^Usk.
In Progress:
Long-term goal: complete the pantheon.

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too