Post Tuesday, 31st May 2022, 18:15

YASD: MuAM^Ash (bcrawl), slain by the Moon Troll

I've tried with a couple of mummies to make use of their new Hex enchancer. (bcrawl only)

The problem they've all had is that they don't have enough panic buttons, but this MuAM has been the most successful of the bunch. As an AM you don't need to be adjacent to enemies nearly as much as you do as an enchanter, fighter or hunter, and Shackle, Confuse and Fear were pretty good panic buttons.
It was good playing the proper Ash again.
Fun game.

My success chances with my hexes were very good all game. The trusty fusty was also good, killing most enemies surprisingly quickly. At least when I didn't forget to unravel Dispel Missiles :lol:

The only aspect of the RNG I'd complain about is that I didn't find Discord.

In the end I got mauled by the Moon Troll. I was perhaps a bit greedy; didn't really need to fight him. But he was guarding a spell book (which could have contained Discord) and a +1 cloak of MR+.
I had to use my only scroll of Vulnerability to have a chance, which I hadn't really thought through before I started this fight. First turn of the fight I got slowed, which really sucked. With any non-mummy I would have chucked !haste. I realise now I could have Yara'd myself, and I might have survived.
I managed to Shackle the Moon Troll eventually (he had lucky RNG), and burned through 2 blink scrolls to try to get space, but the Moon Trolls lieutenants finished me off. Being slowed really sucks.
Maybe I should 'just' have used more Blink scrolls to guarantee my escape.

Morgue:
https://underhound.eu/crawl/morgue/pete ... 175747.txt