Ascend a Felid (CIP)

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Spider Stomper

Post Wednesday, 18th August 2021, 21:31

Ascend a Felid (CIP)

Pretty average player here, but been playing from the beginning and I love the game and the direction of development a lot. Gonna do some character logs for trying to win with a Felid, after having won some of my other favorite species (Demonspawn, Draconian).

I just started this Felid Hedge Wizard (attached below, nothing interesting yet, just a standard start)

Right now I'm trying to strategize around gods... Vehumet is typically my go-to god but I'm wondering if people have opinions about Felid gods to cover their weaknesses.

Previously I think I've gotten a Felid (of Nemelex) all the way to the end of Zot, so it's just a matter of careful play for me I think... although that was around 10 years ago so maybe there have been some balance changes since then. Most notably I think last time I played Felids they couldn't use wands, hence why Nemelex was considered a good choice

I'm thinking I'll probably play Jivya because I love mutations and Felid is probably the best species for a Jivya win... although looking at FelidMasterRace's games from 0.18, their 15s are with Veh and Mak which seems to imply those are good (altho yea i know extended is a different beast than 3 runes...)
Attachments
Rosstin.txt
(13.29 KiB) Downloaded 17 times

Spider Stomper

Post Saturday, 21st August 2021, 14:55

Re: Ascend a Felid (CIP)

A couple squishy deaths, but doing decent now that I found the shops on Orc
Attachments
Rosstin.txt
(40.51 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

Zot Zealot

Post Saturday, 21st August 2021, 15:51

Why are you going hedge wizard?
If you're trying to play a Veh'my blaster-caster, surely conjurer is better now? You get more Int, you get some extremely powerful conjurations, and felids have good hex & translocations aptitudes too.

Any god/strategy which allows you to keep enemies at the edge of LOS and kill them quickly works well for felids. A few patches ago Ash would have been a good choice for this kind of character, but I don't like the new Ash. Sif and Veh'm are both decent.

Spider Stomper

Post Saturday, 21st August 2021, 16:47

Hedge Wizard has Meph Cloud, Call Imp… lots of bangers

Spider Stomper

Post Monday, 23rd August 2021, 17:10

Dead in the Abyss... I shouldn't have gone to Elf without enough willpower to completely resist banishment I suppose. Passwall was super useful in Abyss.
Attachments
morgue-Rosstin-20210823-170833.txt
(46.23 KiB) Downloaded 7 times

Zot Zealot

Post Monday, 23rd August 2021, 17:15

Pity. BTW Fulminant Prism can also work to prevent Banishment if you have it.

Spider Stomper

Post Monday, 13th September 2021, 21:54

petercordia wrote:Pity. BTW Fulminant Prism can also work to prevent Banishment if you have it.

Wow, how? Do you mean by killing out of LOS, or something else?

Abyss Ambulator

Post Tuesday, 14th September 2021, 12:11

Banishment needs LOF, so if you place the prism on the path between you and the creature that has banishment, she can not banish you. The prism gives you cover. You can also hide behind summons.

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too