Post Friday, 1st January 2021, 15:15

YAVP: Djin AE^Sif (bcrawl), eye of the storm

character dump: https://underhound.eu/crawl/morgue/pete ... 130058.txt

This character was a lot of fun.
It's surprising how easily high-level spells can still be cast despite having wild magic 3, disrupted magic 1
I had a little trouble with electricity-resistant enemies, but it never got too out of hand. Airstrike and later OoD, Glaciate & Tornado worked ok.
Hurl Hellfire is a nice panic button for when on -Cast cooldown, though it's somewhat double edged because of the hp cost. I never spammed it because of the hunger cost.
This was the first game where I ninja'd the runes without translocations or earth magic, as far as I remember. Instead I used {loud noises} + swiftness+haste. It was good. Molek was the only panlord I actually killed in Pan, and I couldn't get to Lom Lobon's domain because I reached XL27 slightly too early.
Doing Pan without a source of mp regen is an utter pain. I only got my staff of energy after my 2nd Pan rune. Sif helped, but I couldn't lean too heavily on the loreminder without burning through my piety.
I acquired a lot of manuals, which was great. I think it was because Sif had given me all air&conjuration spells.
Being able to cast spells at 30% fail rate without worrying about miscasts was very nice, though I didn't use it too much. The mp loss was too annoying for that.
I carried tomahawks of dispersal, javelins of penetration and nets with me all game, but never used any of them. The same goes for most of my wands.
Deflect Missiles has a very nice interaction with wild magic 3 + Sif. The miscast chance doesn't matter at all with this build. I don't think it needs to be nerfed, it felt cool but not OP.
I didn't do Hell and Tomb only because I wanted to lock in my Djin win. I'm somewhat curious how the character would have fared.