Fun non-victory!

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Temple Termagant

Post Thursday, 3rd December 2020, 17:16

Fun non-victory!

https://pastebin.com/t94bHDvf

So I only have two wins, one with a MiBe, the other with a GaFi. Been trying stabbers and casters, no joy. Thought I'd do another meleedude with a MfGl.

Long story short: got killed in Zot:5 after grabbing the rune (SO close!), but it was a really fun run!

Found an early Qaz altar, so I figured, "aw, what the hell?"

Later, found the Shield of the Gong in a shop, thought that could be fun, and started saving for it.

Up through Orc was kind of a slog. I knew I wanted to do 1H+shield, so I just had a regular trident. It did NOT seem to be doing much. Every now and then I switched to a long sword just to give the IMPRESSION that damage was happening. :-)

Eventually got the Shield, FINALLY got a very nice demon trident, and, with the amulet of faith and invocations, Qaz was getting really fun!

So I would just enter a level, make tons of noise, kill things, stair dance, kill more things, then the level was almost empty. Easiest Vaults:5 ever (plus a couple immolation spells). Even Depths and Zot weren't that bad once I made it through the first wave or two of bad guys. (Almost died quite a few times - healing potions were very rare in this game.)

Had one REALLY unfortunate teleport trap in Zot:5 that almost ended me, but I managed to run away. Grabbed the run, started out, and got NETTED, of all things, and before I could get free, I was dead!

Disappointing, but only a little - that was a fun run! I especially enjoyed the Gong messages, and I always chuckle at "You feel a little pissed off."

Great game!
Last edited by jr88keys on Thursday, 3rd December 2020, 20:47, edited 1 time in total.

Shoals Surfer

Post Thursday, 3rd December 2020, 17:28

Re: Fun non-victory!

Congratulations anyway! I like Qazlal too; got my first win with him/her/it. But Mf of Qazlal sounds weird, though I guess less so now that polearms don't have a stabbing bonus anyway. Fun image anyway --- walking hurricane?

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too