Post Saturday, 26th September 2020, 07:27

YAVP - PaFi of TSO, my first combo top score

Of course, a combo top score is not a big thing with a new species where all scores are low.

So, after a couple of months of not playing I looked around on various servers and I found 18 unfinished characters in many versions. Wow. Most of them will remain unfinished I guess, who wants to play 0.18 again? :D

This character is not that old (Began as a Palentonga Fighter on July 23, 2020.) I found him with 4 runes, after a successful conversion from Oka to TSO. A weird thing was that the regular weapon was a broad axe, but the holy weapon was a trishula, with enough skill levels for both. Why? I don't remember, it was a long time ago. I like trishula as a holy weapon, with angel allies reaching works much better than any other weapon type.

So last weekend I put in some hours to collect the remaining runes. Pan was pretty smooth. Of the hell branches, Coc was the worst: the Coc:7 entrance was the small building in the middle with many doors, with fiends coming in from all directions. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, so I escaped back to the Vestibule at least 5 times to heal up.

Tomb was not that bad, but after that Zot:5 was the worst ever. First of all, I got tele-trapped in the inner lungs immediately, and the teleports did not went well. Finally, I used blink scrolls to escape, after remembering that they now work in Zot in the newest version. After this, I realized that both entrances are blocked by traps, a Zot trap and a dispersal one. I shouted a bit to pull guys out, one of them stepped on the Zot trap, it summoned a twister, and the tornado throw everyone around, including the orbs of fire who also came to see what's going on. That was nasty. Some other mishaps also happened on Zot:5, including a clown turning me to a wisp (it can be cancelled luckily), and another clown silencing me. The whole floor was awful. A very satisfying victory!

Code:
16918571 magipi the Demon Slayer (level 27, 279/279 HPs)
             Began as a Palentonga Fighter on July 23, 2020.
             Was a High Priest of the Shining One.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 15 runes on Sept 13, 2020!

The game lasted 09:25:12 (91798 turns).

magipi the Demon Slayer (Palentonga Fighter)       Turns: 91798, Time: 09:25:13

Health: 279/279    AC: 45    Str: 26    XL:     27
Magic:  36/36      EV: 17    Int: 11    God:    the Shining One [*****.]
Gold:   9831       SH: 17    Dex: 11    Spells: 36/46 levels left

rFire    + + .     SeeInvis +   b - +9 trishula (holy)
rCold    + + +     Faith    .   X - +3 kite shield {AC+3}
rNeg     + + +     Spirit   .   e - +10 storm dragon scales {Bai Suzhen}
rPois    +         Reflect  .   c - -2 hat of the Alchemist {rElec rPois rF+ rC+ rN+ MR+ rMut rCorr}
rElec    +         Harm     .   p - +0 cloak of Ischipp Byge {rC+ rCorr Str+4 Stlth-}
rCorr    +         Rampage  .   t - +2 pair of gloves {archery}
rMut     +                      S - +3 barding "Fataf" {Slay+2}
MR       ++++.                  r - amulet of regeneration
Stlth    ..........             m - ring "Yryut" {rF+ MR+ Str-3 Slay+4 Stlth+}
HPRegen  0.96/turn              v - ring of Lebigigg {EV+4 Dex-4 Slay+5}
MPRegen  0.25/turn

@: glowing
A: large, rugged brown scales 3, see invisible, cold resistance 1, deformed
body, deterioration 1, low mp 1, roll, armoured tail
0: Orb of Zot
}: 15/15 runes: barnacled, slimy, silver, golden, iron, obsidian, icy, bone,
abyssal, demonic, glowing, magical, fiery, dark, gossamer
a: Rolling Charge, Divine Shield, Cleansing Flame, Summon Divine Warrior,
Renounce Religion

You escaped.
You worshipped the Shining One.
The Shining One was extremely pleased with you.
You visited 18 branches of the dungeon, and saw 88 of its levels.
You visited Pandemonium 2 times, and saw 15 of its levels.
You visited the Abyss 5 times.
You visited 1 bazaar.
You also visited: Sewer and Ice Cave.

The dump:
http://crawl.berotato.org/crawl/morgue/ ... 093216.txt