YASD: TeFe 15 runes. Died in Tomb

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

wux

Halls Hopper

Post Thursday, 12th December 2019, 03:01

YASD: TeFe 15 runes. Died in Tomb

Hell is done and I am relieved. This setup has some nice health regen.
Each time I received a yellow status on contamation in hell, I would drink a single cancellation potion. Not enough a few times thou, and received bad mutations a few times. I had to drink some mut potions to get rid of telport to monsters. I lamet the loss of other good mutations I had!
Seemed to run into lots of orbs of fire this run. Killed 11 orbs of fire. 2 in Slime, the rest in Zot 5. Or is that the normal number on average?

Will do abyss next. And then pan.
Other gear I have in my stash and will probably take to pan -
+2 robe rElec, +4 int for rElec, obviously
staff of fire for another pip of resist fire

An increase in spell power is always nice I know. My current trident/power staff combo seems to work well thou? Staff of power increases my MP to 73. If I am anywhere where killing demons using melee to save MP is good, I use my trident. Many things go down in one hit. I do have staff of conj/staff of fire but seemed to be going well without them.

Any comments welcome. Thanks.

Char dump -
https://pastebin.com/yanSLuqC
Last edited by wux on Tuesday, 7th January 2020, 07:15, edited 1 time in total.

wux

Halls Hopper

Post Sunday, 15th December 2019, 22:20

Re: CIP: TeFe 8 runes

Abyss was fun this time. It wasn't the horror that I had with my last character visit. At one point the entire screen almost got filled with mobs as I was trapped agasint some walls and I didnt want to use my digging wand because it was so low on charges. The teleport eventually kicked in.

Went through some of pan. Picked up the abyss rune and the firey rune. I couldnt kill Cerebov. Probably because I made some mistakes. I could of used about Cleansing Flame at one point in the battle but forgot about the ability. I also tried firestorm on him to cut down some health but it seemed a spell point waste.

I exited Pan to go and get a magic resist ring which I needed a few times. Going back to Pan today to try and get the remaining runes :)

wux

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 7th January 2020, 07:15

Died in Tomb. So sad. I discovered spamming fire storm on Greater Mummies when I was very low on health was a bad idea. I scored a "Pain" death curse from the message history.
Didnt realise their death curses could kill :roll:

I probably approached Tomb the wrong way too. Blasting everything in sight on the last level (and drawing lots of mobs with noise) without making my way to the stairs up first was deadly. So many mobs and Greater mummies on my screen. At one point I had 4 Greater Mummies I think.
It was my forth trip down to the last level in tomb. When things started to go sour on the last visit, I realise now I could of read my silence scroll and ran for the stairs up.

Had so much fun. Hope I can get another good run again.

Morgue:
https://pastebin.com/b6PKmDtp

Blades Runner

Post Wednesday, 15th January 2020, 18:07

Re: YASD: TeFe 15 runes. Died in Tomb

Running for stairs is slow/risky with the slow effects, PoG or cBlink will get you there though.

I'm a big fan of fog and lig in W:3, torment immunity is pretty valuable even if you can't move. Good to have cancellation just in case, though usually with TSO + lig + fog I can clear tomb pretty safely even with just cleansing flame spam + melee.

Tomb demands more specific setups than any other area than zigs. Though I've been screwed or near-screwed by Ereshkigal's silence nonsense a few times too. Silence + enemies just appearing on you is a rough combo.

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 16th January 2020, 12:10

wux wrote:Died in Tomb. So sad. I discovered spamming fire storm on Greater Mummies when I was very low on health was a bad idea. I scored a "Pain" death curse from the message history.
Didnt realise their death curses could kill :roll:

I probably approached Tomb the wrong way too. Blasting everything in sight on the last level (and drawing lots of mobs with noise) without making my way to the stairs up first was deadly. So many mobs and Greater mummies on my screen. At one point I had 4 Greater Mummies I think.
It was my forth trip down to the last level in tomb. When things started to go sour on the last visit, I realise now I could of read my silence scroll and ran for the stairs up.

Had so much fun. Hope I can get another good run again.

Morgue:
https://pastebin.com/b6PKmDtp

Thats such a shame.

I have done tomb once on a DEFE. I did it as you did, by just firestorming the crap out of everything. With Vehumet, my MP stayed up as things died. I used haste before going down the stairs the first time, read magic mapping, went straight to the up stair and went straight up. Cleared that floor so I knew it was safe - and then returned back to the downstairs. The next time, I used haste and brlliance before descending, then generally firestormed a couple of times, then controlled blinked to the upstairs and then firestormed until about 50%HP before going up the stairs to recover. It took a few rounds and you do end up with hoardes and hoardes of enemies, but it worked.

I also found with the layout I had, I could firestorm a doorway and hit a lot of monsters from out of LOS. I'm not sure if death curses still affect you that way? The layout was a bit like this:

#....#....<....#
#....#.........#
#....#.........#
#.3.#.........#
#...#.........#
#...F.........#
###########

The 3 is about where I came down stairs. Id make noise as soon as I landed to draw enemies, then get to the upstairs and firestorm the F point (a door) until I was out of HP/MP and then go upstairs and repeat.

Sorry for your loss.

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too