YAVP: MiFi - 15 runes in under 4 hours

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Mines Malingerer

Post Sunday, 30th June 2019, 02:28

YAVP: MiFi - 15 runes in under 4 hours

I came to to try some crawl again after not having played it for a year or two and got a MiFi through the game in under four hours, which is pretty good for me.

http://crawl.berotato.org/crawl/morgue/ ... 220455.txt

I was a Gozag worshipper thoughout most of the game, to get money and shops for sweet loot. I was pretty lucky in getting an eveningstar early, which was my weapon throughout the entire game. I bought myself all sorts of gear, potions, and scrolls with the gozag dosh. Running around with max resists and +10 slaying made me a murder machine. I swapped to TSO before the extended endgame, and blessed my previously freezing eveningstar. I quaffed haste and might potions for all of the pan and hell lords, not that I really needed them. I didn't even summon any angels.

One surprise to me was how much more difficult tomb was. I guess they axed the stairs up from the second floor, which was an unpleasant surprise. I ended up burning more teleport and blink scrolls in there than I was used to.

I had 27 throwing, but I never actually used a throwing weapon all game. Kind of funny.

Swamp Slogger

Post Wednesday, 3rd July 2019, 13:51

Re: YAVP: MiFi - 15 runes in under 4 hours

Congratulations. That's amazing. I can't even do 3 runes that quick.

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 3rd July 2019, 15:29

Thanks. Most of the speed comes from a lot of keyboard shortcuts, and a copious amount of auto-explore and tab combat for easy encounters. 'o' until I find something. 'tab' until it is dead. 'Ctrl>' to quickly go down to the next floor.

Swamp Slogger

Post Tuesday, 13th August 2019, 02:55

Do you explore each floor completely, or do you dive?

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too