YAVP: FeBe

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Zot Zealot

Post Tuesday, 9th April 2019, 21:16

YAVP: FeBe

I think this might actually be my first or second berserker win. Much more fun than a MiBe ;)

I found an amulet with invokable invis, and I buffed for almost all fights with invis or beserk, which is only possible because of felid intrinsic gourmand. Beserk gives +50% hp, which often took me out of one-shot range :lol:
Waiting for the contamination to go away is a bit annoying. Twice I forgot and ended up with bad mutations.

I actually found a copy of myself on this run, a FeBe I played under the same account, who got the same lair branches (Snake and Shoals). Previous me didn't get evokable invis, and got murdered by merfolk throwers, Naga sharpshooter, and elven archers. (Notice a theme there?) In his new ghost-life he got killed by 3 berserk brothers-in-arms.

I found a trove at U:5 which asked for 5 blink scrolls, at which point I realised the game hadn't spawned any blink scrolls yet :shock: In the end I found 3 blink scrolls, but never enough to open the trove.

All in all, a fun character. Also, I love the Felid unarmed character titles.

Character dump: https://underhound.eu/crawl/morgue/pete ... 210246.txt

Halls Hopper

Post Saturday, 13th April 2019, 07:52

Re: YAVP: FeBe

Nicely done! I’ve got close with FeBe using evokable invis. Very annoying to wait for contam to pass as you say but also became fairly useless in depths and zot due to monster density. I did win playing it just like a normal berserker just very carefully managing monster packs. That said I was lucky enough to 1 shot a sleeping Mara and a couple of other horrible uniques..

Did you clear zot or ninja the orb? I managed to lure some ancient liches and a couple of orbs out of the lungs, teleport fairly close and teleport my way near some stairs again

Halls Hopper

Post Saturday, 13th April 2019, 08:13

Interesting you did slime for your third rune. How did you kill TRJ? I found abyss pretty trivial for a fast stealthy cat with evokable teleport

Zot Zealot

Post Saturday, 13th April 2019, 13:17

I completely cleared Zot:5, killing Orbs of Fire with Brother in arms + berserk, and killing liches by luring them to a 'kill hole' close to a stair. I had silence to deal with the liches if they got me down to low hp, but none of them did.
I actually found that invis remained useful in Zot. I wore spirit shield by default, and when I saw some draconians I could swap, activate invis, stab a bunch of stuff, then go to a safe stair to wait out the contam. The only risk lay in forgetting to swap back.
TRJ was fairly easy with ?vulnerability + wand of paralysis + fan of gales. I cleared Slime:4 and 5, then lured TRJ adjacent to some stairs and made him vulnerable. At that point I had ~30% chance of successful paralysis. I stabbed him in one shot with my high UC & stealth skill, then disengaged from the ensuing slime swarm with Fan of Gales -> go upstairs.
Is evokable teleport something from old crawl versions? I've never had evokable teleport.

Dis Charger

Post Saturday, 13th April 2019, 13:24

Indeed evokable teleport is an old stuff... Crawl also had a cTele spell, both of them combined was fun :)

That is a nice TRJ tech. In older version you can polymorph it, but it now spawns all blobs, so it's not as fun...
In 95% of my games, I kill him in the middle of the Slime:5 vault using ?immolation. Then fire everywhere with penetration javelins / lightning rod / lamp of fire / melee weapon / anything that does the job. I usually use 2 or 3 ?immolation in the process...
Online stats
Fastest Hell runes (enter Hell branch -> get the rune)
Icy : 56 / Iron : 126 / Obsidian : 215 / Bone : 125

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too