CIP -> YASD : CeFi -> Uskayaw -- The stabby CPM wearing tank

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Halls Hopper

Post Thursday, 19th April 2018, 12:45

CIP -> YASD : CeFi -> Uskayaw -- The stabby CPM wearing tank

With some advice from my recent topic relating to stabbers, and an idea pertaining to the potential viability of a heavily armoured Vs. melee build using Uskayaw instead of stealth/hexes;
Which made me want to roll a CeFi, for some deranged reason --and here it is.

I'm putting 3-4 points into intelligence, hoping to get some useful spells online, even if it takes a little pan grinding.
So far I've got everything cleared except vault:5, slime, zot, hell, pan and the abyss.

I'm not sure if I'm posting this hoping for tips/suggestions, or just to boast;
But I'm seriously loving this rediculous toon right now! :D

UPDATE:
Well, died on tomb:3;
I gave it a good go, but in the end they got me.
Even necromutation couldn't make it a cakewalk, but I was close, damn it!
Last edited by killdudes on Sunday, 22nd April 2018, 13:28, edited 1 time in total.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 19th April 2018, 13:13

Re: CIP: CeFi -> Uskayaw -- The stabby CPM wearing tank

Why don't you use +10 Black Knight's horse barding?
Underestimated: cleaving, Deep Elf, Formicid, Vehumet, EV
Overestimated: AC, GDS
Twin account of Sandman25

Halls Hopper

Post Thursday, 19th April 2018, 14:48

VeryAngryFelid wrote:Why don't you use +10 Black Knight's horse barding?

I've worn that since acquiring it from a scroll in Swamp:2 (I think).
Since I have so much AC I figured I'd go for resistances and speed while saving myself the hassle of swapping rings for every entropy weaver, acid blob and caustic shriek I encounter;
Especially since it will drain me for a bit to remove it, but it's a tough decision.
(rC++,rF+,rN+++,rPois,ponderous,+10AC) <-> (rC+++,rF+,rN++,rCorr,!ponderous,+4AC)

I've been internally debating this decision since I equipped this new randart- should I stick with the black knight's barding?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 20th April 2018, 05:06

I would wear black knight's barding because I don't bother with rCorr for entropy weavers, acid blobs exist almost exclusively in slime (and switching to rCorr for whole slime is a good idea of course) and I either quaff resistance or teleport and switch to rCorr for caustic shrikes which are very rare enemies, I often find only 0-1 pack of them in Depths.
Underestimated: cleaving, Deep Elf, Formicid, Vehumet, EV
Overestimated: AC, GDS
Twin account of Sandman25

For this message the author VeryAngryFelid has received thanks:
killdudes

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 20th April 2018, 19:48

VeryAngryFelid wrote:I would wear black knight's barding because I don't bother with rCorr for entropy weavers, acid blobs exist almost exclusively in slime (and switching to rCorr for whole slime is a good idea of course) and I either quaff resistance or teleport and switch to rCorr for caustic shrikes which are very rare enemies, I often find only 0-1 pack of them in Depths.

Good point, and with repulsion yellow draconians aren't too bad, either.

I've only swapped it for the randart to clear slime and my barding of flying for gahenna and cocytus and it's been serving me quite well- I'm still faster than most nasties and the rPois and +10 AC are pretty helpful.

Up to 9/15 runes now;
Only pan and ...tomb... are left, for now I'm going to loot zot which should be a cake walk for this toon.
Picked up shouting and deterioration in the abyss despite having the rMut mutation before hand, and trying to be as careful as possible with those annoying little Nexaragequits... :/
Edit ~ Forgot to mention:
I swapped to my holy randart dagger and gutted the serpent of hell, asmodeus and dispater with it...
  Code:
It was more fscking satisfying than mounting my drives, fingering the users, touching every last file and piping all the output into /dev/null #where the sun don't shine.

Tomb is the only thing that has me worried,
maybe I should invest in hexes for darkness...
It's still going to be sketchy though;
I'm going to save it for last and hope I don't end up having to make a 14 rune YASD thread. :lol:

Halls Hopper

Post Saturday, 21st April 2018, 00:53

13 runes... Had a couple... Few close calls in pan,
including the first place it dropped me;
Which was a few squares away from the demonic rune, with a hellion or two between me and the random panlord, and one or two between me and an entire corridor full of tormentors on every other square...
Thankfully they didn't all torment me at once,
and we're quickly dispatched by a scroll of holy word and one swing of my sword, leaving me with a solid 140+ hp to kill him and take the rune.
Cerebov just got stabbed... It took two jabs though.
A couple more levels of stealth won't hurt- quick and painless...
Must... Sleep... ,_,

Halls Hopper

Post Saturday, 21st April 2018, 15:22

Ok, it's tomb time;
Darkness is almost ready, I trained charms a bit with a manual & I have translocations trained pretty high, but still not high enough for controlled blink or disjunction yet.
Hindsight I should have just went for necromutation...
I'm wondering if I should do part of a zig for some experience first, and also weather I should drink some !mut.
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/killd ... ldudes.txt

Edit: I went to a zig, and the first mummy level nearly killed me.... Scary stuff.
I managed to escape by wasting ?blink and !heal wounds, though the latter was me foolishly trying to clear it.

Edit #2: Got to tomb:2 and almost died, as expected.... Time to grind pan until I get necromutation online. :lol:

Edit #3: My mutation set went from pure kickassery to crap, so I ate all the purple I'd found, but I'm still stuck with teleportation and deterioration- I miss my robust. >.>
I've switched to my +8 randart fda with rN+ for casting and still have 50+ AC and good resistances.
Still grinding pan to get necromutation and to get controlled blink to 1% failure, so I can finally finish tomb, and get rid of that nasty teleport mutation... Otherwise it's just not happening.

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too