YASD - MfCK Makhleb

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Vestibule Violator

Post Friday, 17th December 2010, 22:03

YASD - MfCK Makhleb

Groan.

This was a really promising character - a +2,+3 glaive of reaching, a +2 robe of resistance.

I had 12 levels in invocations, I summoned a greater servant to deal with a bunch of electric eels, and I got an Executioner. Hostile. Oops.

No problem, I'll summon another one! This time I get a friendly one.

So I figure, Me + Executioner > Executioner, we can take him TOGETHER! so I step up, take one shot, and the executioner wipes me out in one shot. :roll:

However, I highly recommend this build.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 20th December 2010, 13:32

Re: YASD - MfCK Makhleb

Good call: immediately summoning again when the hostile popped out. I like CK's of Makhleb, and that's a standard tactic of mine that has paid off nicely.

Bad call: sticking around to fight the hostile Executioner. If you had eels around, you probably didn't have much in the way of walls to take advantage of to restrict the big 1's movements.

You had eels...did you have deep water to retreat to? I don't think Executioners can swim.
You fall off the wall. You have a feeling of ineptitude.

Vestibule Violator

Post Monday, 20th December 2010, 17:39

What I lacked was a brain...

Another thing I had was a +2,+3 glaive of reaching. I could have stood behind my executioner and hit the hostile from safe distance.

I should have just run away though, or summoned another demon yet, or some minor servants. However, there's nothing to be lost running away from a summoned monster, since they don't provide XP anyway.

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 20th December 2010, 23:29

I was kill by an hostile summoned Executioner, once too. Except he wasn't hostile when I summoned him. He turned hostile when I used greater destruction on a monster next to him. It made a fireball which angered him and he killed me. I lacked a brain too this time... :)
<+Grunt> You dereference an invalid pointer! Ouch! That really hurt! The game dies...

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too