YASD: HOPr goes down in flames

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Lair Larrikin

Post Tuesday, 6th September 2011, 13:28

YASD: HOPr goes down in flames

My first decent game. I am a Messiah of the Lord Our God Beogh, a level 17 hill orc priest who has converted a number of companions and carefully raised them from wee orcs to become powerful knights and warlords.

Confident in my prowess as a holy orc, I decide to take a time out from diving deeper to learn some magic for a change. On the beautiful beaches of the Shoals, with an amulet of faith around my neck and my orcs gathered around me, and even though I already know the basics of ice magic, I get greedy and attempt to conjure a simple flame.

(You experienced players probably already know how this scenario will end.)

Something goes wrong, and I conjure a fireball by mistake. It erupts out of my hands and engulfs everyone around me in searing fire. Irate that I should harm my orcish allies, Beogh immediately strips me of messiah-dom, making me no different from any of my former underlings, who glare angrily at me with blackened, scorched faces.

My dying thought was, "I am so proud of you guys! You cut me down so quickly!"

Blades Runner

Post Tuesday, 6th September 2011, 14:14

Re: YASD: HOPr goes down in flames

JasonMel wrote:Confident in my prowess

no need to read further ;)

another thing you should not do: hitting a mob standing in water with a weapon of electrocution.
i killed one of my best KoBe with this, Mennas AND two raging stone giants were a bit much...
Check out my characters at Spielersofa (in German)

Shoals Surfer

Post Tuesday, 6th September 2011, 16:59

Re: YASD: HOPr goes down in flames

JasonMel wrote:Confident in my prowess as a holy orc, [/i]"

....This, you are doomed.

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too