Best god for deep elf conjurer?

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 1st September 2017, 10:54

Best god for deep elf conjurer?

I'd like to know what is the best god for de conjurer, got to d7 and temple, wearing +3 leather armor of poison resistance and +2 gloves, rings positive energy and loudness (do not wanna use my only remove curse scroll for it, since i am way more powerful than anything around me (killed some elf zombies in the ossuary)).

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 1st September 2017, 11:07

Re: Best god for deep elf conjurer?

Vehumet is the best god IMHO. You can continue being conjurer (MP on kills), you will get many spells to choose from (gifts), earlier both strategically (wizardry) and tactically (extra range).
Underestimated: cleaving, Deep Elf, Formicid, Vehumet, EV
Overestimated: AC, GDS
Twin account of Sandman25

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 1st September 2017, 13:18

I'm struggling to think of a sane reason to not take Kiku at temple on DE when not playing for score/turncount.

For this message the author NhorianScum has received thanks: 3
duvessa, Gigaslurp, nago

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 1st September 2017, 13:25

NhorianScum wrote:I'm struggling to think of a sane reason to not take Kiku at temple on DE when not playing for score/turncount.

I wrote it.
You can continue being conjurer

For this message the author VeryAngryFelid has received thanks:
Majang

Slime Squisher

Post Friday, 1st September 2017, 13:26

NhorianScum wrote:I'm struggling to think of a sane reason to not take Kiku at temple on DE when not playing for score/turncount.

Spending a game dealing with floor corpse management and ally managment doesn't sound like your cup of tea and you'd rather play a quicker game with SICK conjurations in which you are less likely to get tilted and lose due to your fury at kiku's inane corpse placement shenanigans on levels where the floor is crammed with items?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 1st September 2017, 17:32

The best choices are Kiku, Fedhas, Hepliaklqana, Gozag, Ru, and Nemelex.

Choices that are much worse but not completely awful: Makhleb, Yredelemnul, Elyvilon, Uskayaw, Dithmenos, Ashenzari, Sif Muna, Vehumet, Zin, Lugonu, Jiyva.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 1st September 2017, 20:26

duvessa wrote:The best choices are Kiku, Fedhas, Hepliaklqana, Gozag, Ru, and Nemelex.

The two of these that seem odd are Hepl and Gozag. Perhaps the +3 Spc and food shops are enough to mitigate chunkless spell hunger with Gozag, but can a DE really handle Hepl's Frail 1?
Won (52). Remaining (15): 5 species: Ba, Fe, Mu, Na, Op; 5 Backgrounds: AM, Wr, Su, AE, Ar; 5 gods: Jiyv, newNem, WJC, newSif, newFedh

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 1st September 2017, 20:58

Spell hunger doesn't matter, you aren't in any danger of running out of food with Gozag unless you're playing an ultra-slow troll or something. Frail isn't any worse for DE than it is for other species, and you get an ally immediately that makes up for it.

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks:
MainiacJoe

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 1st September 2017, 21:33

In the end i picked gozag to buy some insane artifacts in shops,but died to a shaft that sent me from d11 to d14 and a horde of ugly things...got titled because i had access to like 50 different spells, including game-winning stuff.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 2nd September 2017, 06:37

Fedhas is awful for DECj in temple. Fedhas is great for weak characters especially melee, you can fight along with mushrooms and even stab sometimes. Ranged characters can indefinitely fire missiles from behind mushroom shield. What is going a DECj going to do when MP are gone? Melee with low AC and HP? Retreat to restore MP and let all mushrooms die? Cj is especially bad because it already had a crowd control spell yet the spell becomes unusable due to mushrooms (IMB)

Shoals Surfer

Post Saturday, 2nd September 2017, 15:12

Permanent overly buff allies and a sling/pole deal with low mp pretty easily...

Imb is awful. Force lance/searing ray/Prism all work very well with fed's shrooms and general terrain fuckery.

By the time you get big boy spells you're no longer using mushrooms heavily in my experience.

Early Fed is still really annoying to use x.x

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too