[YAVP] 15-rune MiWn^Ru, first win ever!

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Wednesday, 30th August 2017, 19:58

[YAVP] 15-rune MiWn^Ru, first win ever!

Here's the morgue file:

https://pastebin.com/icUpCD6R

I really should have taken my three runes and left, given that I've never won before. But I just was too attached to the character (even though she was hated by all), so I decided to run with it and ended up with 15 runes on my first victory!

A lot of it was due to the fact that I got two incredible weapons that I used through the late game very early on. I found a +7 lajatang of Order {silver, rMut} on D6, and a +7 bardiche of the Illusory Wonders {holy, MR+ MP+9 Dex-4} in a bailey off of D10. Those two weapons could have easily been all I used all game, but I also had a lot of fun maxing maces & flails and whomping monsters to death with my +10 dark maul {crush} (52 base damage, no joke!).

All in all my skilling wasn't optimal (I got kited pretty hard a number of times due to my lack of spells), but it was definitely a lot of fun to play.

Slime Squisher

Post Wednesday, 30th August 2017, 20:18

Re: [YAVP] 15-rune MiWn^Ru, first win ever!

zenocrate wrote: I got kited pretty hard a number of times due to my lack of spells

If it had generated, Lesser Beckoning could have gotten you out of a lot of such trouble.
3 runes : MiMo^Ru, HOFi^Beogh, TrMo^Yredelemnul, GrFi^Ru, FoFi^Gozag, MiGl^Okawaru
4 runes : DDFi^Makhleb
5 runes : GrEE^Vehumet
15 runes : MiFi^Ru, NaWz^Sif Muna, GrWz^Sif Muna
I mostly play offline or online on CXC

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Wednesday, 30th August 2017, 20:22

Now I feel dumb. It definitely generated multiple times, I just never bothered to learn it

Slime Squisher

Post Wednesday, 30th August 2017, 20:26

Don't worry you'll think of it next time, what's important is that you made it. Congrats !
3 runes : MiMo^Ru, HOFi^Beogh, TrMo^Yredelemnul, GrFi^Ru, FoFi^Gozag, MiGl^Okawaru
4 runes : DDFi^Makhleb
5 runes : GrEE^Vehumet
15 runes : MiFi^Ru, NaWz^Sif Muna, GrWz^Sif Muna
I mostly play offline or online on CXC

For this message the author Fingolfin has received thanks:
zenocrate

Slime Squisher

Post Thursday, 31st August 2017, 02:43

Crikey. How on earth did you survive Tomb?
Ascension reports with too many words since 2016.

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too