Finally! A CURRENTLY successful HOFi of Beogh!

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 26th April 2017, 02:40

Finally! A CURRENTLY successful HOFi of Beogh!

Hey everyone, nice to join the party! I have played DCSS a large amount on CBRO, but this is my first post to the Tavern. I guess I'm just excited as I finally have managed to get a HOFi that can actually still be successful while worshiping Beogh. What I've learned at Lvl 18 is to try to use your command key to [g]uard the area as much as you can, and mainly acquire any strong help (e.g. St Roka or Warlords) thru the Orcish Mines. Only use them as needed via the Recall function. What is even weirder is that I am still wearing scale mail (Kryia's mail) and using a war axe (though it being +9 and of electrocution doesn't hurt).

nebgrebaes the Cleaver (Hill Orc Fighter) Turns: 44063, Time: 02:19:19

Health: 151/157 AC: 29 Str: 30 XL: 18 Next: 10%
Magic: 28/28 EV: 17 Int: 14 God: Beogh [******]
Gold: 1743 SH: 18 Dex: 10 Spells: 7/26 levels left

rFire . . . SeeInvis . a - +9 war axe (elec)
rCold + . . Gourm . c - +5 shield
rNeg . . . Faith . E - +7 Kryia's mail coat {PotionHeal*2 rC+}
rPois + Spirit + R - +2 hat
rElec . Reflect . t - +2 cloak {rPois}
rCorr + Harm . s - +2 pair of gloves {Str+3}
MR ++... Clarity + b - +2 pair of boots
Stlth .......... X - amulet of guardian spirit
Regen 0.4/turn u - ring "Ruylu" {rCorr Int+4}
MPRegen 0.3/turn q - +3 ring of evasion

@: no status effects
A: walk on water, clarity, clever 1, magic resistance 1
a: Smiting, Recall Orcish Followers, Give Item to Named Follower, Resurrection,
Renounce Religion

My character is probably long dead by the time you have read this. If this is not yet the case, any advice???

Hello from the State of Washington!
Nebgrebaes the Severer

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 27th April 2017, 18:47

Re: Finally! A CURRENTLY successful HOFi of Beogh!

A full dump would be more useful.

You are well equipped to take 2 runes, Vaults 1-4, and Depths, though there are certainly marginal upgrades to be found. Your mutations are really good.

You can probably clear the rest of the game with this equipment, assuming you find a source of rF, but it will become a grind as your axe begins to fall off. When you enter depths, you can check to see if a good demon whip, evening star or demon trident has spawned, getting a cross trained 1h up on a HO is trivial with depths XP. Don't do this pre-maturely. You aren't in a hurry to replace the war axe with anything other than a broad axe or some god teir 2h axe.

For this message the author edgefigaro has received thanks:
therealnebgrebaes

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 28th April 2017, 04:01

Turns out the lack of rF killed me in the form of a fire giant (-48/195 HP). Should've known as I had the hat of the Alchemist, so it smarts that I didn't put it on.

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 28th April 2017, 04:06

I've cleared with a lot of HOFi before, and I was just experimenting to see if I could actually work with Beogh. You're right, I probably could have done it. Derp.

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too