Post Monday, 13th February 2017, 21:40

YASD YACIP

Playing at 5am in max hubris mode, I tabbed myself into the center of a pack of four yellows on the last floor of Dis. This would have been fine if I had been buffed, but I was inexplicably running around with no Statue Form, let alone Heroism or Finesse. When I tried to read a scroll of blinking at 67 hp, I realized I hadn't cleared off a blurry vision from slime. I forgot I had fan of gales, which might have given me the turn needed to haste and statue form, or read of scroll of blinking to get away, but there's no way to know now. I could have also tried for a lucky naked Blink cast. Instead I probably picked the worst option and tried to haste/heal/heal, which is pointless at that damage level.

Look at the rings on this guy. I hadn't even gone to pan or tomb or abyss or zigs yet, and had max resists (except MR). Ok, some of those rings weren't that great, but the ninth best rings were +3 protection, so I felt justified with the layout I chose. I would love the 8 AC randart, obviously:
  Code:
Health: -28/207    AC:  0    Str: 16      XL:     27
Magic:  53/53      EV: 40    Int: 16 (17) God:    Okawaru [******]
Gold:   5277       SH: 34    Dex: 22 (25) Spells: 14 memorised, 7 levels left

rFire  + + +      SeeInvis +      - Unarmed
rCold  + + +      Gourm    .    L - +6 large shield {reflect}
rNeg   + + +      Faith    .    D - -1 hat of an ossuary {rC- Regen+ rCorr Dex+7}
rPois  +          Spirit   .    r - amulet of Guzyqar {Reflect Fragile rElec rF+++ rC- SH+5}
rElec  +          Reflect  +    a - ring "Bang" {rC++ rN+ Stlth+}
rCorr  +          Harm     .    h - ring "Luerch" {rC+ Str+3 Slay+2}
MR     +++..                    l - ring of Mongofij {rF++ Slay+2 Stlth-}
Stlth  ++++++++..               n - ring of Arrival {Ice rPois rN+ Str+3}
                                m - ring "Enuafipi" {+Blink +Fly MP+9 Int-3 SInv}
                                z - ring "Lolih" {Wiz +Inv rN++ MR-}
                                t - +6 ring of evasion
                                y - ring of the Scarab {rC+ rN+ MR++ Dex-2}

http://crawl.berotato.org/crawl/morgue/ ... 104123.txt

So, I'm trying again, but I'm crying the whole time, because I know I'm not going to get multiple ring shops with multiple randart rings each. :( Already I feel noticeably, markedly weaker. I've cleared D,O,L, and am working on Swamp, but feel like I need to run away to get XP somewhere else. Except there's nowhere to go. I have to hope to stay alive long enough to get Statue Form online I guess. Any advice?:
http://crawl.berotato.org/crawl/morgue/ ... dubois.txt