YA(almost)SD Lair of Bees... wait what?

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Wednesday, 27th July 2011, 18:19

YA(almost)SD Lair of Bees... wait what?

So my new hill orc priest of beogh just got to lair thinking to drop some of his stuff at lair2, and the moment I step in the entire screen is filled with bees, killer bees, queen bees, bee larve... Bees freaking in a freaking 8x8 giant square... since I've gotten attached to my current batch of Orcs, and they are so far away I couldn't retreat upstairs and so i blinked out of the square of bees recalled my Orcs and a song of destruction.... let just say Beogh earned my worship today.

hehe, heres a picture of after the carange, I lost 80% of my army today but all my orcs now are BOSS (they got better gear then I do lol)

Lair Larrikin

Post Wednesday, 27th July 2011, 18:37

Re: YA(almost)SD Lair of Bees... wait what?

I had something similar happen to me once.

Only it was Dungeon 4 and it was a castle surrounded by jackles and filled to the brim with Gnolls. I'd never seen so many in my life. I think there were a few ogres in there too...someone hated my MDFi that day. What I liked about it was the castle had a moat too.

Anyway grats on winning that, especially since I can't see (at a glance) that you had poison resistance. Worst thing I ever found in the Lair was a room full of bees, like 21 or so. Found it while running from a group of yaks. Luckily I had Mephitic Cloud. I can never get an Orc Priest past level 4 myself, though. Which is strange since everyone says they are so easy. I might have to give 'em another try.

I am curious though. If you look in your logs, how many bees were there, exactly?

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Wednesday, 27th July 2011, 18:59

nope no poison resist... i just chugged heal pots when the poison became red, and my orcs have a chance to be healed by beogh every time they kill something.. but the total i think was 10 killer bee larve, 60 killer bees and 1 queen bee

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 27th July 2011, 19:17

Congrats on coming out alive. Look at it this way, you'll never go hungry again at least.

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too