CiP - GrEE so far so good

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Mines Malingerer

Post Tuesday, 8th November 2016, 22:50

CiP - GrEE so far so good

Beginning was casual, nothing special, training earth magic to 10, at lvl 6 learning stone arrow and LRD, training spellcasting to 8, clearing lair... At lair there was Rupert, wasn't big deal, paralysed me, went berserk, I hasted myself, ran away until berserk wore off, and killed him with LRD + sandblast with small stones when ran out of mana.
In lair I found book of Tempest -> shatter. After getting cast success chance to 9% I started using it. And as always when I start using one of annihilation spells, I feel superior and overconfident. But this time I was actually acting more careful.
Died too many times to be not careful.
With shatter I went to orc and elf city, had to use scroll of teleportation, because there was a situation, I ran out of mana, had no staff of energy, or crystal ball, and had to escape. So I teleported... into the middle of hall of dancing blades in E:2 :shock: quaffed everything what I could to improve my chances of survival and managed to survive.
I had only MR +.... one elf sent me to abbyss. Everything was fine until I met purple circle monster, the disortion monster. He almost killed me, it was close call, but I survived and escaped abbyss.
In the elf city treasure place there was white cape of rElec and EV+4 but I was wearing MR+ cape, didn't wanted to go to abbyss again.
There is treasure trove in depths, I need abbysall rune to enter it.
As one man suggested me few days ago, now I'm using elemental staff instead of staff of energy all the time, and with 50 int and 26 spellcasting I have no spell hunger anyway.

If you have any suggestion, feel free to post it :)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 9th November 2016, 00:15

Re: CiP - GrEE so far so good

I would use cloak of the starlight. Also either drop or quaff potions of beneficial mutation
Underestimated: cleaving, Deep Elf, Formicid, Vehumet, EV
Overestimated: AC, GDS
Twin account of Sandman25

For this message the author VeryAngryFelid has received thanks:
zdzichorowerzysta

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 9th November 2016, 07:17

VeryAngryFelid wrote:I would use cloak of the starlight. Also either drop or quaff potions of beneficial mutation

My tactic is to quaff one potion of beneficial mutation, and after getting mutated by monster/contamination, quaffing potion of cure mutation, and after that beneficial mutation again. Its better to quaff all beneficial mutation at once?
Also I think that MR is more important than EV, and I have rElec anyway since I'm playing gargoyle

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 9th November 2016, 07:24

zdzichorowerzysta wrote:My tactic is to quaff one potion of beneficial mutation, and after getting mutated by monster/contamination, quaffing potion of cure mutation, and after that beneficial mutation again. Its better to quaff all beneficial mutation at once?

It depends on current mutations, number of potions of cure mutation and desire to get 15 runes. It's almost always a good idea to quaff benemut, Robust is very good.

Also I think that MR is more important than EV, and I have rElec anyway since I'm playing gargoyle

You are wearing +0 cloak with Str/Int bonus on the picture.

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 9th November 2016, 11:22

VeryAngryFelid wrote:You are wearing +0 cloak with Str/Int bonus on the picture.

Right, sorry didn't noticed.

Ok, what should I do now? I know, I screwed. Can't use scroll of blink/teleport because silenced.

Haste + holy whip is bad idea right?
How about disc of storms?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 9th November 2016, 14:35

Is that sacred scourge or whip? Probably you can evoke ziggurate item (not sure if it works under silence) and escape there.
You know you can post a charm dump, right? It would be much easier for readers to give you an advice when they see all options including your current rC+. Too bad you don't have a fan of gales, it might move Ereshkigal away before you enter ziggurate.

Edit. With 29 potions of cure mutation you should have quaffed those 5 potions of beneficial mutation.

zdzichorowerzysta

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 9th November 2016, 16:59

VeryAngryFelid wrote:Is that sacred scourge or whip?

sacred scourge, +1 only tho, but I've just enchanted it to +9

VeryAngryFelid wrote:Probably you can evoke ziggurate item (not sure if it works under silence) and escape there.
You know you can post a charm dump, right? Too bad you don't have a fan of gales, it might move Ereshkigal away before you enter ziggurate.

Nice idea with ziggurat, I would never come to that idea by myself. Fan of gales can move monsters away?
I will post char dump on pastebin, because its too big to post it directly here.
full char dump: http://pastebin.com/raw/QcrzK4HK
I've survived encounter with Ereshkigal, this is what I did: used all charges of my wands of heal wounds, and then I realised that I can't recharge them while silenced :? so I've hasted myself, used disc of storms few times, managed to kill demons that was blocking my way, then escaped from silence with haste, and teleported away with scroll.
After that: destroyed Ereshkigal temple with shatter, and killed her with 3 hits of shatter, didn't knew that she is that vulnerable to shatter.
Then at Gehenna I've got teleported to abyss, even with MR++++, what are the chances lol. Anyway, cleared abbyss, got abyssal rune, went to Treasure Trove, there was bunch of jewellery, one nice amulet with much +int.

not sure which one shoud I use, manaRegen is cool, but int +9 also cool.

So far got all runes excluding pandemonium runes.

VeryAngryFelid wrote:Edit. With 29 potions of cure mutation you should have quaffed those 5 potions of beneficial mutation.

Quaffed 4 of them and got these mutations:

my spells right now:

skills:

Perhaps I won't die at pandemonium and win with 15 runes, we will see :)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 9th November 2016, 18:41

Yes, fan of gales used to move monsters away in 0.18, not sure if it is the case in 0.19, I hope it is.
You were abyssed by reaper
104852 | Geh:5 | Cast into level 2 of the Abyss (reaper)
so MR is useless in this case because it was weapon with distortion brand.
Those mutations are a good example of why you should quaff potions of benemut, rMut and free AC are always nice.
You can train some armour, it will give you 1 AC for every 22/5=4.4 skills. Do you have Passwall somewhere? It is a very nice spell for escaping on some levels.

zdzichorowerzysta

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 9th November 2016, 23:49

VeryAngryFelid wrote:Yes, fan of gales used to move monsters away in 0.18, not sure if it is the case in 0.19, I hope it is.
You were abyssed by reaper
104852 | Geh:5 | Cast into level 2 of the Abyss (reaper)
so MR is useless in this case because it was weapon with distortion brand.
Those mutations are a good example of why you should quaff potions of benemut, rMut and free AC are always nice.
You can train some armour, it will give you 1 AC for every 22/5=4.4 skills. Do you have Passwall somewhere? It is a very nice spell for escaping on some levels.

Indeed armour gave me some AC, didn't knew that it gives AC even if I wear only a robe.
Won it with 15 runes :) https://crawl.develz.org/tavern/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=22101

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too