YASDIP XL16 MiFi

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Spider Stomper

Post Monday, 31st October 2016, 21:23

YASDIP XL16 MiFi

http://crawl.berotato.org/crawl/morgue/ ... dubois.txt

It's a been years since I played crawl, and I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to do now. I stepped into Depths not knowing the what and how of all these branch changes, and immediately got liched, which I miraculously survived. I have no rPois for Spider, and I'm a little scared of Shoals, maybe more than I should be, since I have flight at least. I was trying to get Repel and Regeneration online before I go there, but perhaps that's a pipe dream.

I feel like my character is underpowered at this point, because I haven't seen any branded scimitars or any demon blades. What do you guys think about the the ring of Migusm {*Slow MR++ MP-9 Dex+8 Slay+3} ? I'm assuming no item is worth *Slow.

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 31st October 2016, 21:29

Re: YASDIP XL16 MiFi

ddubois wrote:http://crawl.berotato.org/crawl/morgue/ddubois/ddubois.txt

It's a been years since I played crawl, and I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to do now. I stepped into Depths not knowing the what and how of all these branch changes, and immediately got liched, which I miraculously survived. I have no rPois for Spider, and I'm a little scared of Shoals, maybe more than I should be, since I have flight at least. I was trying to get Repel and Regeneration online before I go there, but perhaps that's a pipe dream.

I feel like my character is underpowered at this point, because I haven't seen any branded scimitars or any demon blades. What do you guys think about the the ring of Migusm {*Slow MR++ MP-9 Dex+8 Slay+3} ? I'm assuming no item is worth *Slow.

Well step one... Wear a source of Rc+ with FDA.

Spider is pretty hilariously easy even without RPois when you're worshiping makleb.

Take off your armor to cast Rmissile and just ignore spells past that.

Spider Stomper

Post Monday, 31st October 2016, 21:33

NhorianScum wrote:Wear a source of Rc+ with FDA.

I have a ring of rC+, although I admittedly don't know when to swap it on, unless I'm facing something obvious like "frost <foo>" or "ice <foo>". There is a +7 morningstar {chaos, *Contam, *Slow rElec rC+++} for $1120 in a shop, but I assume I shouldn't switch to M&F just to use that, even if it were free.

Spider Stomper

Post Monday, 31st October 2016, 21:56

Wear the rC+ ring at all times. You do not need SInv at all times, just to fix your accuracy when something invisible shows up.

Do NOT buy a weapon of chaos, or use a weapon of chaos in general, it's just going to fuck you over.

Might be worth ditching the shield for a good greatsword if there's one around. If not, swap the slaying ring on to compensate for long sword damage; it is worth *Slow.

Snake Sneak

Post Tuesday, 1st November 2016, 06:25

Doesnt wrote:Do NOT buy a weapon of chaos, or use a weapon of chaos in general, it's just going to fuck you over.
ddubois wrote:There is a +7 morningstar {chaos, *Contam, *Slow rElec rC+++} for $1120 in a shop, but I assume I shouldn't switch to M&F just to use that, even if it were free.

It looks to me like the weapon's brand being chaos is around fourth or fifth on the list of reasons not to do that.
remove Siegurt's signature

For this message the author Cimanyd has received thanks: 4
Doesnt, dracos369, duvessa, nago

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too