YAVP! MiBe

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Swamp Slogger

Post Sunday, 9th October 2016, 00:03

YAVP! MiBe

I think this combo is often people's first win, but it took me a while for some reason :P (although it is my first win played online which is something at least).

Morgue: http://underhound.eu:81/crawl/morgue/Dioneo/morgue-Dioneo-20161008-232853.txt

Went fairly smoothly for most of the game, got lucky with a cheap trove which gave me that +12 crystal plate, as well as the hat and cloak. Also got lucky with the jewellery in this game, getting both stat boosts and decent resistances. Didn't find a single Acquirement scroll so I was thankful for Trog's weapon gifts. That +9 executioner's axe of draining was previously an executioner's axe of Freezing which was my main weapon for most of the game. I used a brand weapon-scroll on it towards the end of the game, figuring that I'd rather use antimagic for Zot, so I might as well see what I could get out of it.

The only close call I remember was in Vaults 5, where I got stair-blocked and swarmed by every monster on the floor. Started berserking which prevented me from healing or teleporting; was down to single digit HPs before managing to ascend and heal up. I've generally been rather wary of berserking, however, though I made very liberal use of Trog's Hand.

I also managed to not ever use any of those evokables I was carrying around :roll: I'm sure my character was wonky in all sorts of ways :P Any tips or criticisms are welcome.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 9th October 2016, 00:13

Re: YAVP! MiBe

Congrats.

Scroll of brand weapon cannot give antimagic.

Code:
        if (is_range_weapon(wpn))
        {
            new_brand = random_choose_weighted(
                                    33, SPWPN_FLAMING,
                                    33, SPWPN_FREEZING,
                                    23, SPWPN_VENOM,
                                    23, SPWPN_VORPAL,
                                    5, SPWPN_ELECTROCUTION,
                                    3, SPWPN_CHAOS);
        }
        else
        {
            new_brand = random_choose_weighted(
                                    30, SPWPN_FLAMING,
                                    30, SPWPN_FREEZING,
                                    25, SPWPN_VORPAL,
                                    20, SPWPN_VENOM,
                                    15, SPWPN_DRAINING,
                                    15, SPWPN_ELECTROCUTION,
                                    12, SPWPN_PROTECTION,
                                    8, SPWPN_VAMPIRISM,
                                    3, SPWPN_CHAOS);
        }

https://github.com/crawl/crawl/blob/63c ... e.cc#L2027
Underestimated: cleaving, Deep Elf, Formicid, Vehumet, EV
Overestimated: AC, GDS
Twin account of Sandman25

Swamp Slogger

Post Sunday, 9th October 2016, 00:16

Re: YAVP! MiBe

I know, I already had an antimagic axe from Trog (which you can see that my character used through the end); the idea was that I could perhaps try for something even better on my spare axe (perhaps vampiric or something like that) :P

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too