YASD: DsGl^Hepliaklqana - 4 runes

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Temple Termagant

Post Thursday, 8th September 2016, 01:59

YASD: DsGl^Hepliaklqana - 4 runes

I love with this new god. Question is, I have 4 runes, am I strong enough to go for the pan runes? I was planning on getting abyss rune next then ascending because I dont really have that great resists or equipment.

Found a CPA but with the lack of fire resists Im rolling with my FDA.

Using my glaive instead of a bardicle because 26 wpf is crazy unless you do extended.

Have a ton of rods which is nice, and rods of inaccuracy and iron shot in shops If I ever get enough money.
Im loving this new god. Initially used the hexer but didnt like as much as the battlemage. He gets mass confuse and paralyze which is nice, but I always found myself getting in the way of him and he couldnt use his ability because I usually lure to corridors. I then rolled a battlemage and I equipped a polearm and I let this guy tank in front me of and he gets haste/Lehudib's Crystal Spear/bolt of magma/lajatang/shield. Hes a glass cannon but wrecks faces, and I am never in the way which is nice. No sure how he would fare in extended, he gets overwhelmed easily.

The God abilities dont really add too much in my experience, however its nice being able to swap him with casters/tormentors to get into range.

http://pastebin.com/FgrbKVkV
Last edited by titanjones on Saturday, 10th September 2016, 02:50, edited 1 time in total.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 8th September 2016, 02:21

Re: CIP: DsGl^Hepliaklqana - 4 runes

I would not go for 15 runes with the character, it does not have amazing mutations, haste spell, scrolls of recharging.
I assume you trained Necromancy for pain weapon, train some Charms also, it will make Regeneration last longer and have better failure rate.
Underestimated: cleaving, Deep Elf, Formicid, Vehumet, EV
Overestimated: AC, GDS
Twin account of Sandman25

Temple Termagant

Post Thursday, 8th September 2016, 02:52

VeryAngryFelid wrote:I would not go for 15 runes with the character, it does not have amazing mutations, haste spell, scrolls of recharging.
I assume you trained Necromancy for pain weapon, train some Charms also, it will make Regeneration last longer and have better failure rate.

Yea will will prob just go the the pan runes. Feel like I can at least handle that. I have 8 regen scrolls.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 8th September 2016, 03:11

Don't keep those scrolls of recharging in stash, those are among the best consumables in the game.
Underestimated: cleaving, Deep Elf, Formicid, Vehumet, EV
Overestimated: AC, GDS
Twin account of Sandman25

Temple Termagant

Post Saturday, 10th September 2016, 02:49

AAAAAND im dead. tried to melee and ancient lich in zot5,and blasted me with that purple ball twice and i died. Ds Hepliaklqana sucks for extended. Had so much trouble in pan it wasnt even funny. RIP

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too