YASD - Jellied on D:1

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 5th January 2011, 19:19

YASD - Jellied on D:1

I don't know if this is really a YASD or just being killed by the RNG, but...

I just rolled up a DECj. The first dungeon chamber was next to one filled with monsters, including jellies. It had transparent crystal walls, and a door with a warning scrawled on it. So I set a travel restriction on it and moved on. A handful of turns later, the jellies had dissolved the door, and ended up dissolving me.

Lair Larrikin

Post Thursday, 6th January 2011, 01:43

Re: YASD - Jellied on D:1

I'm pretty sure jellies can't dissolve a closed door! Maybe something else opened it...?

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 6th January 2011, 03:13

Re: YASD - Jellied on D:1

Oh, they certainly can dissolve doors. Only the lowest-level ooze can't eat doors. That particular vault will usually have a relatively harmless ooze in it, which you can let out when you're done with the rest of the level for free xp, but if it has a jelly and you can't separate that jelly from the ambient floor trash you will have a very bad day indeed. The real threat is, of course, getting cornered or sandwiched between the jelly and another monster, because one hit from that thing can kill a D1 character.

Try not to wake up the jelly. Once you've recognized the vault, just walk quietly away in the other direction.

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too