[YASD]! Some advice, if you'd be so kind

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Temple Termagant

Post Friday, 19th August 2016, 04:12

[YASD]! Some advice, if you'd be so kind

http://pastebin.com/2vLhiE8Q

How do I avoid this? I got wrecked by mutations after wandering through hell and the abyss long enough. I didn't want to leave Ru cause that really sucks, and anyway my only choice would have been jivya or maybe Xom (lol) to clean up my mutations. Also the stat drain was absurd as well, but i suppose I should have just put on a ring of sustain attributes. Any advice, I was destroying everything for awhile until my character became a crippled zombie.

Also sorry about the paste bin, the morgue is too big for code blocks.

***This is to the admins, somehow the name changed screwed up my account, all I did was try to log into this account, not register a new one, but my post history/messages are gone, I don't know exactly what happened. Also it won't let me send messages because the account is new, but I definitely did not just register this. If you're not a mod you can ignore this part***

Slime Squisher

Post Friday, 19th August 2016, 08:14

Re: [YASD]! Some advice, if you'd be so kind

Don't eat mutagenic meat
Don't drink potions of mutation
Prioritize mutators
Use choke points (e.g. corners) to lure mutators and give them less opportunities to do nasty things
Use other monsters to block line of sight of mutators

For this message the author Bart has received thanks: 4
Lasiace, nago, Sandman25, vergil

Swamp Slogger

Post Friday, 19th August 2016, 08:47

Play trunk. Stat drain is basically not existent there anymore.
I think you should've been wearing sustAt ring to offset it.

Also, don't drink your cure mutation potions untill you cleared the whole branch\zone, unless, it is very vicious (Frail-30% etc), deformed body etc.
Scumming zigs for cure mut potions is also an option.

On the other hand - I don't think mutations were THAT bad. I think rather a poor play killed you. You had 4 potions of brillance in your inventory.
Online Statistics
Road to: Great Ds (6/25): DsFi^Gozag 3 R, DsGl^Qaz 4 R, DsMo^Chei 5 R, {DsHu^Uska 6 R, DsAs^Uska 7 R}, DsAr^Chei 8 R.
In progress: DsWn... Currently out of time. Maybe someday.

Watch my streams here

Cocytus Succeeder

Post Friday, 19th August 2016, 09:00

Int 8, but spellcasting 27 (what for?) and conjurations 24 (what for?)
Dragon form memorized, 0 tmut
Haste memorized, 4 charms
Deflect missiles, 4 charms, 0 air
Triple sword of _protection_

This character cannot be any weirder.

For this message the author Magipi has received thanks: 5
Cacophonie, Lasiace, nago, Sprucery, vergil

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 19th August 2016, 18:20

Yeah, I would have re-branded the triple sword for sure.
Also, why the faerie dragon armor? That's only 5 or 6 base AC, right? I would have gone for plate or GDA if crystal plate didn't exist anywhere over that. With that low int, you focused an awful lot on a random smattering of spells.

I see you sacrificed armor, that makes the armor choice make a bit more sense I guess. I think you might have been better off using that great sword with antimagic over the triple sword of protection.

Either way, none of that is what killed you. Drinking a haste potion at low HP instead of using 1 of your 18 scrolls of blinking may have been the move that killed you. Using brilliance to prevent 0 stat would have helped a lot too, of course.

The sust att ring would have been a big help, although you wouldn't normally expect 8 int to be too low for safety.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 19th August 2016, 18:29

Main problem is lack of ranged attack. It is impossible to avoid multiple mutations in extended without ranged attack.

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 19th August 2016, 18:59

Well he did have castable bolt of fire, even with -1 int... somehow. That'll kill any mutators I can think of, aside from Mnoleg. Of course it's not full LOS, but it'll kill nexoquackers, cacodemons, and shining eyes well enough.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 19th August 2016, 19:02

I checked action table before posting.

Code:
Cast: Lee's Rapid Decon |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    12 ||    12
Invok: Sacrifice Essence |       |       |     1 |       |       |       |       |       |       ||     1

and no throwing items at all

Tartarus Sorceror

Post Friday, 19th August 2016, 19:16

Damn.... all that effort to get bolt of fire at 1% fail with -1 int... and he never cast it? That's a shame, that might have been a first.

For this message the author dowan has received thanks:
Sandman25

Temple Termagant

Post Saturday, 20th August 2016, 00:39

Y'alls responses are cracking me up. Let me start by saying, I should have said I didn't particularly care about dying. I was fed up at that point with the mutations and stat drain. So the sequence of events was, I used up my cure mutes to get rid of body armour does not fit, frail 1, and some other negatives. After that I ate a bunch of mutation meats and quaffed the mutation potions because I still had some bad mutes, or I got new ones, either way it was after using up my cure mutations. Second, well I was just training skills to train them at that point, I could have probably survived that pan lord encounter with brilliance and a tp, but I gave up. Yes, I did lack ranged, I did not realize that was the official chocie for dealing with mutaters. I didn't mean to make this thread about my funky playstyle, however, rather about mutations in extended.

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Saturday, 20th August 2016, 01:06

ahappydouche wrote:Y'alls responses are cracking me up. Let me start by saying, I should have said I didn't particularly care about dying. I was fed up at that point with the mutations and stat drain. So the sequence of events was, I used up my cure mutes to get rid of body armour does not fit, frail 1, and some other negatives. After that I ate a bunch of mutation meats and quaffed the mutation potions because I still had some bad mutes, or I got new ones, either way it was after using up my cure mutations. Second, well I was just training skills to train them at that point, I could have probably survived that pan lord encounter with brilliance and a tp, but I gave up. Yes, I did lack ranged, I did not realize that was the official chocie for dealing with mutaters. I didn't mean to make this thread about my funky playstyle, however, rather about mutations in extended.

never mind, did not see that you sacrificed armour. Also, why did you eat mutation meat?

Temple Termagant

Post Saturday, 20th August 2016, 02:08

arandomperson12 wrote:
ahappydouche wrote:Y'alls responses are cracking me up. Let me start by saying, I should have said I didn't particularly care about dying. I was fed up at that point with the mutations and stat drain. So the sequence of events was, I used up my cure mutes to get rid of body armour does not fit, frail 1, and some other negatives. After that I ate a bunch of mutation meats and quaffed the mutation potions because I still had some bad mutes, or I got new ones, either way it was after using up my cure mutations. Second, well I was just training skills to train them at that point, I could have probably survived that pan lord encounter with brilliance and a tp, but I gave up. Yes, I did lack ranged, I did not realize that was the official chocie for dealing with mutaters. I didn't mean to make this thread about my funky playstyle, however, rather about mutations in extended.

never mind, did not see that you sacrificed armour. Also, why did you eat mutation meat?

In the hopes of curing some mutations. I'm sure I got more from malmutations and contamination effects though

Swamp Slogger

Post Saturday, 20th August 2016, 07:31

ahappydouche wrote:After that I ate a bunch of mutation meats and quaffed the mutation potions because I still had some bad mutes, or I got new ones, either way it was after using up my cure mutations.

It doesn't work that way.
Online Statistics
Road to: Great Ds (6/25): DsFi^Gozag 3 R, DsGl^Qaz 4 R, DsMo^Chei 5 R, {DsHu^Uska 6 R, DsAs^Uska 7 R}, DsAr^Chei 8 R.

Watch my streams here

Slime Squisher

Post Saturday, 20th August 2016, 15:19

Actually..... since mutations are weighted towards the good ones, it's not a terrible idea...
infinitevox on akrasiac & berotato
Busy dying horrible deaths from chugging too many pots of Mutation.

Swamp Slogger

Post Saturday, 20th August 2016, 16:47

infinitevox wrote:Actually..... since mutations are weighted towards the good ones, it's not a terrible idea...

Drinking all cure mutation potions just to quaff some more mutation ones and make a dinner out of ugly things after certanly is.
Adding more mutations to get rid of bad ones won't work, because with each good one - you're one step closer to the bad ones. And random - is still random.

Mutation roulette is my fauvorite thing though.

To OP:
Quaff potion of mutation first, then, if you're upset with result -> cure it. Not the other way around. No mixing. If you're still upset afterwards, and lacking potions -> don't drink more mut ones.

Make sure you got both components of this insanely difficult process though, otherwise you might became an ugly thing.
Online Statistics

Watch my streams here

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Saturday, 20th August 2016, 17:10

You have a chance to remove mutation when mutating.

Swamp Slogger

Post Saturday, 20th August 2016, 17:49

Ikr?
Online Statistics

Watch my streams here

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too