YAVP: DDNe^Vehumet with 15 Runes

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Dis Charger

Post Thursday, 4th August 2016, 18:44

YAVP: DDNe^Vehumet with 15 Runes

Yea so I did full extended with a DD without a healing god. It was fun. A little tedious, but fun. (I kited a deep troll with vamp draining to heal more times than I'd like...it was just a boring kite too, it couldn't hurt me, only stalling for time so it could heal). Did Fedhas Madash for the first two runes, but then I decided I wanted to do extended and as a DD I thought it would be impossible to do full extended without Necromutation because of the Torment...so I went Vehumet to have more fun with Conjurations.

Order:
Lair -> Orc -> Swamp (rune) -> Snake (rune) -> Elf -> Slime (rune) -> Vestibule -> Vaults: 1-3 -> Crypt -> Tomb (rune) -> Dis (Rune) [Did Dis first because shatter does full damage to Sentinels, but not Fiends] -> Vaults: 5 [Was struggling with other hell branches so did it as a break. Intentionally dove through Vaults: 4 (didn't clear it) as a blood preserve (store of things I could use Vamp Drain on if necessary).] -> Cocytus (Rune) -> Gehenna (Rune) -> Tartarus (Rune) -> Pan (Demonic, Dark) -> Abyssed by Distortion Weapon (Abyssal Rune) -> Pan (Glowing, Magical, Fiery) -> Depths 3-5 -> Zot -> Orb. [Again I kept much of Depths undone in case I needed to Vampiric Drain.]

(Hell before Pandemonium/Abyss because of worried about being away from living creatures for a long time.)
(Learned something interesting. HOLY Pan is the only place in the game that has NOTHING that can be affected by Draining/Vampirism. (In other Pans Demonspawn can. In each hell there is at least one living group (Hell Knights and Hell Hounds, Necromancers and Doom Hounds, Iron Giants and Iron Dragons, Ice Dragons and Shard Shrikes); in the Abyss Raiju and...tons of random things).

http://crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/Bcadr ... 181958.txt
I'm beginning to feel like a Cat God! Felid streaks: {FeVM^Sif Muna, FeWn^Dithmenos, FeAr^Pakellas}, {FeEE^Ashenzari, FeEn^Gozag, FeNe^Sif Muna, FeAE^Vehumet...(ongoing)}

For this message the author bcadren has received thanks:
Queen Cassie

Spider Stomper

Post Wednesday, 10th August 2016, 15:38

Re: YAVP: DDNe^Vehumet with 15 Runes

bcadren wrote:Yea so I did full extended with a DD without a healing god. It was fun. A little tedious, but fun. (I kited a deep troll with vamp draining to heal more times than I'd like...

I guess the boredom of such a play would be too much for me.
Nice game still

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too