YAVP: GhGl of Qazlal (15-rune)

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Temple Termagant

Post Sunday, 19th June 2016, 23:20

YAVP: GhGl of Qazlal (15-rune)

https://crawl.project357.org/morgue/DirectiveMayhem/morgue-DirectiveMayhem-20160619-135648.txt

Qazlal is my favorite god, so my self-imposed mission was to complete a 15-rune run with him from start to finish.

I wish Hat of the Alchemist had not spawned, the game became too easy afterwards--this is a powerful combo regardless, I just didn't have to worry about attribute loss from malmutate (which seriously screwed me over in a previous game, I had to recover from about -20 intelligence loss thanks to a sudden legion of wretched stars). It would be tougher without an undead species because you would be dealing with constant torment on top of hellfire and smiting from multiple sources during endgame.
Last edited by Lars on Monday, 20th June 2016, 11:44, edited 1 time in total.

Slime Squisher

Post Monday, 20th June 2016, 00:20

Re: YAVP: GhGl of Qazlal (15-rune)

You forgot to brag about a cleared Ziggurat. Not sure how hard it is with Qazlal but doing so with a melee character sounds impressive.
Offline greaterplayer (who cares). I don't always play online, but when i do, i streak felids.
Zot:5 on easy mode video
Double Skullcrusher

Temple Termagant

Post Monday, 20th June 2016, 06:23

I skipped a few Ziggurat floors with blink scrolls, I don't count that as a true clear. Most of it was completely annihilated by 27 invocations Disaster Area, but some of those Pan Lords take hardly any damage from elemental attacks.
Last edited by Lars on Monday, 20th June 2016, 11:44, edited 1 time in total.

Halls Hopper

Post Monday, 20th June 2016, 09:35

I say if the morgue says you cleared a Zig, you cleared a Zig, Congrats on the win either way.

I just had my best ever game, a 10 rune win, on my first ever attempt to play Qaz. I have to agree that torment immunity is huge for Qaz players in the endgame, to the point where he is not nearly as bad as everybody says he is if you have it. I barely escaped Pan with my life, but after scumming the Abyss to get necromutation online, I was able to clear three out of the four hells without to many close calls.

Temple Termagant

Post Monday, 20th June 2016, 11:30

If you lack torment immunity with Qazlal then 27 throwing/crossbows + portal projectile seems essential for endgame, that would be easier than getting necromutation online.

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too