YAVP: Second win, DrVM^Sif Muna, 10 runes

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 29th April 2016, 20:34

YAVP: Second win, DrVM^Sif Muna, 10 runes

Wow. Warning: long story inbound. Read it if you are interested in hearing about other players' experiences, but I'm gonna ramble on for a while, so fair warning. If you want, skip to the end where I do have some questions to ask.

What can I say - this was the most exciting and thrilling game of Crawl I've played so far, eclipsing my first win even! After my first win, I resolved that I'd get at least 6 runes for my second win, but ended up outperforming this goal by quite a bit. I also wanted to get my second win with a mage (after my DsAK win, which was pure melee).

I quite like DrVM as a start - the early poison spells are quite powerful, but for the most part, I could rely on melee until Lair. This also meant that I could train Fighting and Stealth before taking Sif Muna (whose altar was in the temple this time) and focus on magical skills afterwards, which allowed me to have non-magical skills at a decent level while still getting gifts as early as possible. In this game, I actually ended up getting a rather awesome hand axe somewhere around the Lair entrance, which was good enough to use as long as I was still doing melee every now and then. (+8, chopping and MR+)

I got white scales at level 7, which meant that I was going to become an ice mage. I knew that with ice and poison as my focuses, I'd have some trouble with undead monsters and such, but as previous iterations of this combo showed, Orb of Destruction (along with other options, such as Battlesphere+IMB or Battlesphere+Stone Arrow) can passably, if not outstandingly, take care of anything that resists my main spell schools. My plan was the same as it had been for a long time: get the top spell for my favored spell school (in this case, Ice Magic), get some levels in Poison Magic early on but not train it very high, while focusing on Conjurations, and eventually getting to around 20 Translocations to be able to reliably cast Controlled Blink - which I really couldn't have lived without (literally)!

I had some troubles in early Lair, as Throw Frost wasn't good enough against hydras and was even having trouble against spiny frogs - but luckily, Sif gave me Bolt of Cold soon enough, which would become my main attack spell. It was hard to get it reliably castable for some reason, but eventually, I succeeded. I got Swamp and Spider during this playthrough - which was annoying because I think I didn't even get poison resistance until after I did these branches. (I eventually found a rPois cloak. Was happy about it too - I had one character get into the extended endgame so far, more about that one later, and in my experience rPois is not essential after the Lair branches up until Zot, but gets quite important once again in Zot and in Pandemonium.) I was also very happy with the results of my mutation roulette this game: I got +MR, +4 Dex, +2 Int (or the other way around?) and SInv from my potions of mutation and beneficial mutation! I was happy about that indeed.

I had a rather close call in the Spider Nest when, teleporting away from a ghost moth that bled my mana pool dry, I was thrown right into the middle of the rune chamber, with spiders, scorpions and everything descending upon me at once! Luckily, I still had a scroll of blinking and just barely managed to blink and teleport away at the very last moment. I got quite a lot of acquirement scrolls this game - the first came not long before Swamp, or during Swamp, IIRC (I can't exactly remember) and gave me a wand of teleportation, which meant sources of teleportation were not a problem until the very end of the game. Another scroll got me a very fortunate staff of energy, something I always strive for with my draconian mages because I find I often have hunger issues.

Vaults went by quite smoothly too. By this time, I had my rough plan for what my endgame spells would be: Glaciate, Iron Shot, Bolt of Cold, Venom Bolt, OOD plus all the assorted utility spells. Despite not training much Earth, Iron Shot was quite useful throughout the game (due to my high Conjurations it was still at high power, I guess). I got it because OOD at very close ranges was not as good in my last game as I had hoped, and often I had to shoot at monsters like Executioners (later on) at point blank range with Iron Shot. After Depths, I did Vaults:5 straight away, trying out Glaciate for the first time - it cleaned house! I think I like it even more than Fire Storm (which was the one I used in my last attempt before this one).

Depths, on the other hand, were punishing. I had a lot of close calls and near death events actually, more than I should have had - spark wasps, caustic shrikes, and even just dragon packs often did a number on me, and several stairs were quite ambush-y with hordes of monsters waiting. With no source of rElec, spriggan air mages were also an issue. Took me quite a while to figure out that OOD is much better against the spriggans than anything else I might have used. Honestly, without Controlled Blink and Sif channeling (a potent combination), I'd have been dead many times over here.

With everything before Zot done, I decided it was time for Pandemonium. My last character before this one had been a red DrVM which went Fire/Poison - it actually got 2 runes from Pandemonium (7 total, IIRC), then died in Zot:5 because he ran out of food, and was forced to jump into the middle of a monster pack just to retrieve some chunks of flesh - never made it out, probably wouldn't have survived the orb run even if he had managed to reach the orb. It was really a pity, he had awesome gloves (rElec, MP+9) and boots (rC+, MP+9) which gave him a huge mana pool together with the rings, and a lot of other nice stuff (+6 AC, +2 Int randart ring, the Elemental Staff...). Losing such a character is always crushing because you feel you will never again have someone as powerful with the same combo. Well, it turned out this guy actually handled Pan a lot better, though partly due to dumb luck. A lot of Pandemonium's denizens (tormentors, hellions, Brimstone Fiends) which were otherwise really nasty went down a lot easier to cold spells than fire spells. Cold actually seemed to do really well compared to fire in two locations in particular: Swamp and Pandemonium.

I actually got some runes in rather ridiculous ways. The demonic rune: I was spawned smack-dab in the middle of Hellion Island! Essentially, it seems the game was asking me the following question: "Do you have a source of controlled blinking? If yes, you live. If not, you die." I had it, so I quickly jumped out and froze all the hellions from outside (I still got some punishing barrages of damnation but at least I could blink away all the time). Another time, I was dumped into the middle of Cerebov's base, with the pan lord himself in sight... I nearly died there - I blinked into the rune chamber and picked up the rune, killing a brimstone fiend, but getting out was much harder; an unlucky teleport returned me to the base and I had to desperately blink all over the place before teleporting out finally. Mnoleg's rune was also retrieved thanks to me getting spawned very close to it. I didn't actually kill any of the named pan lords IIRC, only used Apportation and CBlink to retrieve the runes - I tried to kill Lom Lobon but couldn't bring him down fast enough, so I just left him.

I had planned to find the Abyss rune while on the way out from Pan. What do you know, I found a random exit portal (the one that just takes you out of Pan without having to go through the Abyss). No matter, I found another Abyss portal - it was rather easy (the red draconian was banished to Abyss from the Vault and got the rune "while he was there", but almost died for it, as wretched stars malmutated him with "no natural regen" and "no device heal", which meant he had to desperately find weak monsters to kill while on 20-40 HP to remove the tempmuts). I lost my SInv mutation in Pan, unfortunately, and got a few extra bad mutations in Slime that ended up cleaning out all my good mutations as well as I was forced to chug Cure Mutation pots.

I was actually almost out of food and had to acquire food at some point in Pan (an elf in the Elven Halls actually dropped a stack of 2 acquirement scrolls though, and I found one more in Vaults:5, or maybe the other way around? Anyway, I also got a heal wounds wand, the rest were junk); at that point I hadn't yet realized there was a shop in Depths:2 stocking 50 beef jerkies (I had somehow missed it). I ended up finding out about it in Zot:4 while searching for food; I went back, bought them all (I had a lot of gold and nothing to use them on; I got one useless bazaar at some point and absolutely no other random portals of any use, maybe a wizlab that I had to flee early) and decided that I might as well try to get a Hell rune for good measure. The Vestibule was not hard to clear with Glaciate (the red draconian character suffered a lot more there and had to use a lot more consumables), but I was chased out of Cocytus pretty quick. Finally tried to conquer Dis, but after a really close call and with my tele/heal wounds charges (and recharging scrolls) running low, my nerves failed me and I decided to just complete the game.

It was a good choice in hindsight, as my consumables barely lasted me through the rest of the game. Zot:5 started well enough, though some monsters (electric golems, as well as ancient liches who summoned tormentors) took me down worryingly low - fortunately, Controlled Blink got me out of pretty much every tough situation. Orbs of fire were not much of an issue with OOD and Iron Shot, the question was how many mutations and how much damage I would take, and whether I'd have to CBlink out and try again. I found a pretty sweet (rF+ SInv) ring on one Zot level that I put to good use.

The orb run was thrilling though, the best I've ever seen (and I watched quite a few on Youtube and on the Crawl servers as a spectator). I almost wish I had played online just so that someone might have had the chance to watch it - though I really can't bear playing online, there's too much lag and it's too sluggish for me, while offline runs smoothly as a baby's skin. In return, all I lose is hard proof that my wins are legit, but I can live with that - my conscience is clear. So let me just recount what all happened:

The random junk that was spawned to chase me was not much of an issue until I had to exit Zot:1, when a random pan lord decided to camp out near an entrance while a roving Orb of Fire was also making trouble for me. I had taken the precaution of digging a shorter path from the downstairs to the exit, but I still had to try several times to get to the exit - OODs failed to bring the pan lord down as he covered himself in summons. In fact, at one point, I was sandwiched between the pan lord and the Orb of Fire, which backstabbed me - I might actually have died there, were it not for the fact that the pan lord's attacks seemed to periodically teleport me away. A true blessing that was, allowing me to recover and try again - but I had to try like four times before I could pass through the Zot:1 exit. Even then, the pan lord ended up following me, though fortunately, he was alone; I could blink around and OOD him down finally.

At one Depths level, a second problem came: a single caustic shrike. It ambushed me after a fight, with me having about 100 HP and low mana remaining; I tried to OOD and Venom Bolt it down, but it actually took me down all the way down to 27 HP! I was frantically blinking around, praying to Sif Muna that there wouldn't be other monsters coming, or that my blinks would land me in the right spot; I ended up being able to blink away, but was unable to reach the upstairs in time. My last resort was using a fan of gales to push it away, then a phantom mirror to create a friendly caustic shrike; this saved me in the end, and I lived to fight another day.

Another close encounter was with a single lich I couldn't take down in time, and which pelted me with stuff like tormenting (maybe from a summon) and LCS/Iron Shot/something else rather powerful. This one also took me down quite low; a scroll of summoning saved me here, allowing me to run away (I believe the summons also took down the lich).

After the caustic shrike, it was all uphill, and I finally made it out. Whoo!

Playing these draconian mages got me thinking though... I would love it if some other mage veterans shared their experiences. First of all, hunger. I don't understand why people on this forum say food is irrelevant and should be removed - maybe with a melee character, it doesn't play a huge role, but as a mage, it certainly did! My red draconian with 7 runes died because lack of food forced him to take overly great risks, and even with this character - I don't think I could have accomplished all this without the staff of energy, which really just seems to be an essential item as a typical blaster-caster. Without that staff, I'm not sure I'd have had enough food to do a 3-rune win... What are everyone else's experiences in this regard, is food such a scarcity for y'all as well? Do "purer" mages (deep elves and such, with even higher Int and magical aptitudes) have it better? I like draconian mages because they don't have to worry about armor encumbrance and still end up pretty tough, but they aren't actually the best magical race around, I guess.

Also... I am curious about how others play their blaster casters in general. For me, Sif Muna and CBlink were indispensable to my victory - I'm not sure how well I would have coped with, say, Vehumet - or without CBlink. Sif seems to get quite a bit of bad rap from several players around the Tavern (compared to Vehumet anyways, I don't think anyone disputes Sif is one of the better gods) but I find him/her just superior to Vehumet in general. CBlink is also a huge spell - unless you are lucky and get lots of blinking scrolls, its importance just cannot be overstated in the sense that it allows you to immediately get out of any situation you don't want to be in (two CBlinks away and barely any mobs can track you down). Also, with Sif, I know that eventually (typically by Vaults at the latest) I'll have access to every spell I want - if nothing else, I can pick up a weak spell from a given school and train it to notify Sif that I want more spells from that school. With Vehumet, I'm all set for offensive spells, but who knows if I'd ever get CBlink, or Regen, or Apportation, or...?

Finally - how often do y'all actually kill the unique Pan Lords like Lom Lobon, Mnoleg, Cerebov etc.? I guess some characters would probably be well-suited to take them out, but I found Apportation and blinking around make it so much simpler, and it's not like I lose anything other than occasionally having to dodge them on the other Pan floors...

Well, this was fun, and an extremely rewarding experience. I wonder what I'll go for next... probably something less stressful, maybe just 3-rune games with weaker, more exotic combos/gods or something. One thing's for sure, I don't think there's any other roguelike that has so much replayability in it as this one. None that I know of, anyway.

Code:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.18-a0-1788-g92de1ac (tiles) character file.

4908356 Marenglen the Englaciator (level 27, 273/273 HPs)
             Began as a White Draconian Venom Mage on Apr 29, 2016.
             Was the Champion of Sif Muna.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 10 runes!

The game lasted 09:06:54 (173826 turns).

Marenglen the Englaciator (DrVM)                  Turns: 173826, Time: 09:06:54

Health: 273/273    AC: 23    Str: 18    XL:     27
Magic:  43/43      EV: 36    Int: 31    God:    Sif Muna [******]
Gold:   7658       SH:  8    Dex: 23    Spells: 11 memorised, 7 levels left

rFire  + . .      SeeInvis +    y - staff of energy
rCold  + . .      Gourm    .    (armour unavailable)
rNeg   . . .      Faith    .    j - +2 buckler {reflect}
rPois  +          Spirit   .    m - +2 hat
rElec  .          Dismiss  .    e - +2 cloak {rPois}
rCorr  .          Reflect  +    q - +2 pair of fencer's gloves {LBl+4 SBl+4 EV+3 Dex+6}
SustAt .          Harm     .    N - +1 pair of boots
MR     +++..                    X - amulet of the Spinneret {RegenMP Dex+2 Stlth+}
Stlth  ++........               Y - ring "Fioj" {MR+ Str+7}
                                b - ring "Tinou" {+Inv rF+ Int+6 SInv}

@: repel missiles, extremely resistant to hostile enchantments, unstealthy
A: breathe frost, unfitting armour, cold resistance 1, slow regeneration 1,
cold-blooded, AC +13
a: Breathe Frost, Channel Energy, Forget Spell, Renounce Religion, Evoke
Invisibility
0: Orb of Zot
}: 10/15 runes: decaying, slimy, silver, abyssal, demonic, glowing, magical,
fiery, dark, gossamer

You escaped.
You worshipped Sif Muna.
Sif Muna was exalted by your worship.
You were not hungry.

You visited 16 branches of the dungeon, and saw 69 of its levels.
You visited Pandemonium 1 time, and saw 36 of its levels.
You visited the Abyss 1 time.
You visited 1 bazaar.
You also visited: Wizlab.

You collected 11069 gold pieces.
You spent 3411 gold pieces at shops.

Inventory:

Hand Weapons
 r - the +8 hand axe "Lekuc" {chop, MR+ Dex+6}
   (You found it on level 10 of the Dungeon)   

It inflicts extra damage upon your enemies.

It affects your dexterity (+6).
   It affects your resistance to hostile enchantments.
Armour
 e - a +2 cloak of poison resistance (worn)
 j - a +2 buckler of reflection (worn)
 m - a +2 hat (worn)
 q - the +2 pair of fencer's gloves (worn) {LBl+4 SBl+4 EV+3 Dex+6}
   (You found it on level 5 of the Vaults)   

It affects your evasion (+3).
   It affects your dexterity (+6).
 N - a +1 pair of boots (worn)
Magical Staves
 y - an uncursed staff of energy (weapon)
Jewellery
 a - an uncursed ring of protection from fire
 b - the ring "Tinou" (left hand) {+Inv rF+ Int+6 SInv}
   (You found it on level 6 of the Pits of Slime)   

[ring of see invisible]

It affects your intelligence (+6).
   It protects you from fire.
   It lets you see invisible.
   It lets you turn invisible.
 p - an uncursed ring of magical power
 t - an uncursed ring of protection from cold
 x - an uncursed ring of positive energy
 X - the amulet of the Spinneret (around neck) {RegenMP Dex+2 Stlth+}
   (You found it on level 3 of the Elven Halls)   

[amulet of magic regeneration]

It increases your magic regeneration.
   It affects your dexterity (+2).
   It makes you more stealthy.
 Y - the ring "Fioj" (right hand) {MR+ Str+7}
   (You found it on level 1 of the Orcish Mines)   

[ring of protection from magic]

It affects your strength (+7).
   It affects your resistance to hostile enchantments.
Wands
 o - a wand of heal wounds (3/9)
 G - a wand of teleportation (0/9)
 I - a wand of digging (3/24)
 J - a wand of paralysis (11/24)
Scrolls
 d - a scroll of blinking
 v - 3 scrolls of magic mapping
 w - 3 scrolls of summoning
 D - 2 scrolls of fog
 H - 30 scrolls of remove curse
 M - 4 scrolls of fear
 R - 16 scrolls of identify
 S - 4 scrolls of enchant armour
Potions
 f - 12 potions of flight
 h - 3 potions of might
 l - 4 potions of agility
 B - 6 potions of cancellation
 C - 8 potions of brilliance
 P - 2 potions of ambrosia
 Z - a potion of curing
Books
 n - Sif Muna's Collected Works on Excruciating Calling
   (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 3 of the Abyss)   

Spells                             Type                      Level
    a - Stone Arrow                  Conjuration/Earth             3
    b - Sticky Flame                 Conjuration/Fire              4
    c - Summon Mana Viper            Hexes/Summoning               5
    d - Poison Arrow                 Conjuration/Poison            6
    e - Spellforged Servitor         Conjuration/Summoning         7
Miscellaneous
 z - a phantom mirror
 E - a legendary deck of defence {drawn: 2}
 O - a fan of gales (inert)
 V - a box of beasts {used: 4}
Comestibles
 k - 4 fruits
 K - a slice of pizza
 T - 17 beef jerkies

Skills:
 O Level 27 Fighting
 + Level 20,1 Dodging
 - Level 14,4 Stealth
 - Level 4,4 Shields
 - Level 16,0 Spellcasting
 - Level 24,1 Conjurations
 - Level 5,1 Charms
 - Level 21,0 Translocations
 O Level 27 Ice Magic
 - Level 6,5 Earth Magic
 - Level 13,1 Poison Magic
 - Level 12,4 Invocations

You had 7 spell levels left.
You knew the following spells:

Your Spells              Type           Power        Failure   Level  Hunger
a - Bolt of Cold          Conj/Ice       ########..   0%          6    None
b - Blink                 Tloc           N/A          0%          2    None
c - Glaciate              Conj/Ice       ########..   8%          9    None
d - Apportation           Tloc           ########..   0%          1    None
e - Venom Bolt            Conj/Pois      #######...   1%          5    None
f - Swiftness             Chrm/Air       #####...     1%          2    None
i - Orb of Destruction    Conj           ########..   1%          7    None
k - Iron Shot             Conj/Erth      #######...   1%          6    None
r - Repel Missiles        Chrm/Air       #####.       1%          2    None
B - Controlled Blink      Tloc           N/A          1%          8    None
R - Regeneration          Chrm/Necr      #####.....   1%          3    None

Dungeon Overview and Level Annotations

Branches:
Dungeon (15/15)            Temple (1/1) D:4            Lair (8/8) D:11
  Swamp (4/4) Lair:4       Spider (4/4) Lair:5        Slime (6/6) Lair:6
    Orc (2/2) D:11            Elf (3/3) Orc:2        Vaults (5/5) D:14
  Crypt (3/3) Vaults:2       Tomb (1/3) Crypt:3      Depths (5/5) D:15
   Hell (1/1)                 Dis (5/7) Hell            Geh (0/7) Hell
    Coc (1/7) Hell            Zot (5/5) Depths:5   
   Tar: Hell:1     

Altars:
Ashenzari
Cheibriados
Dithmenos
Elyvilon
Fedhas
Gozag
Kikubaaqudgha
Makhleb
Nemelex Xobeh
Okawaru
Pakellas
Qazlal
Ru
Sif Muna
Trog
Vehumet
Xom
Yredelemnul
Zin
The Shining One
Beogh
Jiyva

Shops:
D:9 }:}   D:13 !   Orc:2 **?[:   Vaults:1 }*([[   Vaults:3 :   Depths:2 *[!   Depths:3 (

Portals:
Hell: Depths:1 Depths:2 Depths:3 Depths:4 Depths:5
Abyss: Depths:3 Depths:4
Pandemonium: Depths:1 Depths:3
Ziggurat: Depths:2

Annotations:
D:12 exclusion: door
D:13 Norris, Rupert
Slime:2 1 exclusion
Slime:3 1 exclusion
Slime:4 1 exclusion
Slime:5 1 exclusion
Elf:2 5 runed doors
Elf:3 Nikola
Depths:3 8 runed doors
Zot:2 1 exclusion
Zot:3 1 exclusion
Zot:4 1 exclusion
Zot:5 1 exclusion

Innate Abilities, Weirdness & Mutations

You can breathe waves of freezing cold.
You can buffet flying creatures when you breathe cold.
Your icy white scales are hard (AC +13).
Your body does not fit into most forms of armour.
Your flesh is cold resistant.
You are cold-blooded and may be slowed by cold attacks.
You regenerate slowly when monsters are visible.

Message History

(Z) Zot           
Where to? (Enter - D:1, ? - help)
Magic restored.
There is a stone staircase leading up here.
You climb upwards.
A hobgoblin comes into view. It is wielding a club.
There is a stone staircase leading down here.
There is a stone staircase leading up here.
You climb upwards.
There is a stone staircase leading down here.
Casting: Bolt of Cold
Confirm with . or Enter, or press ? or * to list all spells.
You don't know that spell.
Unknown command.
Evoke which item? (* to show all) (? for menu, Esc to quit)
Zapping: I - a wand of digging (4/24)
Press: ? - help, Shift-Dir - straight line
The rock shatters into small pieces. This wand has 3 charges left.
There is a staircase leading out of the dungeon here.
You have escaped!

####                      #...
      #..####                   #...
      #.....#                   #...
########..#)#####               #...
#......#####....#        #####  #...
#.....##...##.#.#       ##)..####...
#.>...#.....#...#########.....#.....
#.....#.....'.....?.....'.....###...
#.....#.....###.#..######.....# #...
#.....##...####.##'##   ##...## #...
#......#####.).##...##  ######  ##..
####....##..##.#.....#  #...#    ##.
   #....#....###..@.(####.###     ##
   #......##..##.........>#
   #.....####..##...#####.#
   #.......####.#####.###.#        #
   #.....#..# #.(.###...#.###  #####
####.....#..#####...........####....
#.........##.###.#.)........##......
#.........###.#.######(.....#.......
#........####...#####.(.....#.......
#.....................#.....#.......
#........####...####........#.......
#..........##.#.##..................
#..........#.###.#..........##......

There were no monsters in sight!

Vanquished Creatures
  the Royal Jelly (Slime:6)
  4 orbs of fire
  Mara (Depths:3)
  4 ancient liches
  3 juggernauts
  A greater mummy (Depths:2)
  Sojobo (Crypt:2)
  Frederick (Vaults:5)
  Margery (Depths:2)
  5 caustic shrikes
  6 Killer Klowns (Zot:5)
  3 curse toes
  Geryon (Hell)
  10 golden dragons
  2 Tzitzimimeh (Pan)
  An iron giant (Depths:4)
  A profane servitor (Vaults:2)
  2 bone dragons
  2 Brimstone Fiends (Pan)
  3 electric golems (Zot:5)
  32 Orb Guardians
  A shard shrike skeleton (Crypt:2)
  An Ice Fiend (Pan)
  6 Hell Sentinels (Pan)
  26 tentacled monstrosities
  A quicksilver dragon (Depths:5)
  2 deep elf blademasters (Elf:3)
  12 titans
  2 deep elf master archers (Elf:3)
  13 liches
  5 pandemonium lords
  12 acid blobs
  3 death cobs
  A quicksilver dragon (shapeshifter) (Depths:4)
  30 Executioners
  5 tentacled starspawn
  An acid blob (shapeshifter) (Depths:4)
  5 thorn hunters
  5 draconian monks
  9 sphinxes
  12 storm dragons
  9 tengu reavers
  2 revenants
  4 ancient champions
  13 fire giants
  10 shadow dragons
  Donald (Crypt:1)
  Maud (D:12)
  12 frost giants
  10 azure jellies
  9 ghost moths
  7 deep elf sorcerers
  2 daevas (Pan)
  10 balrugs
  8 draconian zealots
  Louise (Depths:5)
  Wiglaf (Vaults:3)
  11 draconian knights
  3 orc warlords
  18 vault wardens
  3 black suns (Pan)
  2 angels
  3 curse skulls
  5 draconian scorchers
  3 emperor scorpions (Spider:4)
  5 ghouls (Crypt:1)
  3 iron dragons
  A juggernaut zombie (WizLab)
  9 reapers
  4 draconian shifters
  8 cacodemons (Pan)
  6 warmongers (Pan)
  10 deep elf elementalists
  7 draconian annihilators
  19 ironheart preservers
  25 stone giants
  2 spriggan defenders (Depths:3)
  7 war gargoyles
  22 very ugly things
  11 black draconians
  A draconian caller (Depths:5)
  15 green draconians
  10 vampire knights
  2 ophanim (Abyss:3)
  5 blood saints (Pan)
  6 salamander stormcallers
  15 purple draconians
  8 white draconians
  3 chaos champions (Pan)
  7 spark wasps
  A corrupter (Pan)
  8 deep elf demonologists
  18 red draconians
  11 lorocyprocas
  6 deep elf annihilators
  8 mottled draconians
  8 yellow draconians
  5 eidola
  32 ettins
  13 jiangshi
  12 deep elf death magi
  17 green deaths
  34 large abominations
  25 vault guards
  13 blizzard demons
  A quicksilver dragon zombie (Crypt:2)
  19 yaktaur captains
  33 fire dragons
  17 great orbs of eyes
  2 quicksilver dragon skeletons (Crypt:3)
  2 deep elf high priests
  13 entropy weavers
  29 hydras
  3 catoblepae
  A ghost crab (Swamp:3)
  4 hell beasts
  9 monstrous demonspawn (Pan)
  26 ice dragons
  12 rakshasas
  7 spriggan air magi
  Erica (D:7)
  6 death knights
  14 ogre magi
  8 hell hogs (Hell)
  14 alligators
  17 centaur warriors
  16 tengu warriors
  9 death yaks
  A thrashing horror (Abyss:1)
  15 dancing weapons
  5 deep troll shamans
  12 deep troll earth magi
  8 vampire magi
  3 fire crabs
  Urug (D:11)
  3 orc high priests (Orc:2)
  41 sun demons
  11 deep elf knights
  A spriggan berserker (Depths:4)
  A titan skeleton (Pan)
  3 iron golems (Hell)
  4 spriggans
  A storm dragon zombie (Abyss:2)
  4 iron trolls
  A salamander mystic (Vaults:3)
  33 soul eaters
  2 storm dragon skeletons
  10 hell knights
  8 shadow wraiths
  38 skeletal warriors
  A spark wasp zombie (Depths:2)
  3 unseen horrors
  3 infernal demonspawn (Pan)
  5 shambling mangroves
  7 shadow demons (Pan)
  40 deep trolls
  2 spriggan druids
  11 flayed ghosts
  A tengu zombie (Depths:2)
  4 cherubim
  An anaconda zombie (Dis:5)
  17 deep elf archers
  9 gelid demonspawn (Pan)
  8 swamp dragons
  9 giant orange brains
  A torturous demonspawn (Pan)
  6 phantasmal warriors
  A lindwurm (Lair:8)
  7 putrid demonspawn (Pan)
  A wolf spider zombie (Crypt:1)
  22 orc knights
  Pikel (D:9)
  3 anaconda skeletons (Hell)
  3 golden dragon skeletons
  32 orb spiders
  A mana viper (Abyss:3)
  8 wizards
  19 harpies
  2 frost giant zombies
  35 wolf spiders
  11 ironbrand convokers
  14 necromancers
  2 iron dragon zombies
  A mana viper (shapeshifter) (Vaults:5)
  63 deep elf magi
  10 orc sorcerers
  7 griffons
  19 hill giants
  2 shadow dragon skeletons (Pan)
  12 hornets
  A wolf spider (shapeshifter) (Depths:2)
  12 cyclopes
  A worldbinder (Abyss:3)
  25 moths of wrath
  28 sixfirhies
  A cyclops (shapeshifter) (Depths:3)
  A manticore (D:11)
  A shining eye (Slime:5)
  10 fire giant skeletons
  35 ugly things
  A hornet (shapeshifter) (Vaults:4)
  2 salamanders (Vaults:3)
  A hell hog skeleton (Crypt:1)
  9 black mambas
  Maurice (D:9)
  29 elephants
  6 stone giant skeletons
  2 centaur zombies
  8 rust devils
  2 frost giant skeletons
  18 orange demons
  A yaktaur zombie (Vaults:1)
  A titan simulacrum (Abyss:2)
  2 eyes of devastation
  11 vault sentinels
  A torpor snail (shapeshifter) (Vaults:2)
  33 spiny frogs
  Psyche (D:8)
  45 smoke demons
  3 torpor snails
  6 rime drakes
  A molten gargoyle (Hell)
  12 freezing wraiths
  6 gargoyles
  A rime drake (shapeshifter) (Vaults:4)
  2 spriggan zombies (Depths:2)
  An emperor scorpion zombie (Crypt:3)
  2 kobold demonologists
  10 tormentors
  A catoblepas zombie (Hell)
  3 efreet
  22 hellions
  An anaconda simulacrum (Hell)
  13 komodo dragons
  61 yaktaurs
  6 tengu conjurers
  A yaktaur (shapeshifter) (Vaults:4)
  55 demonic crawlers
  11 ice devils
  An elf (Depths:2)
  A pale draconian skeleton (Crypt:1)
  24 red devils
  2 green draconian skeletons
  37 hellwings
  A purple draconian skeleton (Crypt:1)
  4 guardian mummies
  3 human skeletons (Vaults:1)
  A hydra zombie (Coc:1)
  An ancient zyme (Abyss:3)
  4 trolls
  43 jumping spiders
  A harpy zombie (Crypt:1)
  A queen bee (Lair:3)
  3 polar bears
  2 polar bears (shapeshifter)
  A troll (shapeshifter) (Depths:4)
  5 giant leeches
  21 two-headed ogres
  An alligator zombie (Hell)
  A two-headed ogre (shapeshifter) (Vaults:4)
  2 harpy skeletons
  127 slime creatures
  28 blink frogs
  A shadow dragon simulacrum (Vaults:3)
  3 ice dragon zombies
  A hydra skeleton (Crypt:3)
  2 fire dragon zombies
  A snapping turtle (shapeshifter) (Elf:2)
  A boulder beetle (shapeshifter) (Vaults:1)
  A blink frog (shapeshifter) (Depths:3)
  6 boulder beetles
  2 deep troll zombies
  7 raiju (Abyss:3)
  12 bog bodies
  A frost giant simulacrum (Vaults:3)
  6 small abominations
  2 spriggans (shapeshifter)
  Sigmund (D:3)
  A redback (shapeshifter) (Depths:5)
  A black mamba zombie (Crypt:3)
  5 flying skulls
  9 shadows
  41 tarantellas
  99 redbacks
  A tarantella (shapeshifter) (Vaults:2)
  9 air elementals
  16 water elementals
  A deep troll skeleton (Depths:1)
  12 fire elementals
  9 wraiths
  3 vampires
  4 wyverns
  An ice dragon skeleton (Pan)
  15 ynoxinuls
  2 ettin skeletons
  10 fire dragon skeletons
  76 yaks
  An alligator skeleton (Hell)
  A golden eye (Slime:6)
  6 basilisks
  A human (shapeshifter) (Depths:3)
  A fire bat (Abyss:3)
  A steam dragon (Lair:4)
  2 hippogriffs (shapeshifter)
  A golden eye (shapeshifter) (Vaults:2)
  10 neqoxecs
  17 humans
  7 hungry ghosts
  2 human simulacra
  21 vampire mosquitoes
  28 chaos spawn
  14 hippogriffs
  33 insubstantial wisps
  14 wargs
  4 mottled dragons
  A swamp worm (shapeshifter) (Vaults:5)
  A spatial vortex (Abyss:2)
  32 swamp worms
  Menkaure (D:4)
  A hydra simulacrum (Hell)
  2 soldier ants
  A torturous demonspawn skeleton (Crypt:2)
  A hell hound (shapeshifter) (Elf:1)
  34 water moccasins
  13 porcupines
  Duvessa (D:6)
  8 hell hounds
  2 giant eyeballs
  2 giant eyeballs (shapeshifter)
  A sky beast (shapeshifter) (Depths:2)
  6 ice beasts
  An anubis guard zombie (WizLab)
  3 black bears
  An ettin simulacrum (Coc:1)
  3 eyes of draining
  2 phantoms
  22 swamp drakes
  67 orc warriors
  17 wasps
  3 spiny frog skeletons
  An elf zombie (WizLab)
  A snapping turtle zombie (Hell)
  A sky beast (D:10)
  A tengu (shapeshifter) (Depths:4)
  A necrophage (Crypt:1)
  An eye of draining (shapeshifter) (Vaults:2)
  A swamp dragon skeleton (Crypt:3)
  54 ogres
  12 centaurs
  22 crocodiles
  37 wolves
  A hog zombie (Crypt:1)
  10 boggarts
  A snapping turtle skeleton (Pan)
  A big kobold (D:11)
  An octopode zombie (Crypt:2)
  25 giant frogs
  A salamander zombie (Crypt:1)
  2 earth elementals
  A giant frog (shapeshifter) (Vaults:3)
  A spiny frog simulacrum (Hell)
  4 scorpions
  Dowan (D:6)
  A boulder beetle zombie (Crypt:2)
  A manticore simulacrum (Abyss:2)
  40 killer bees
  15 wights
  7 howler monkeys
  An electric eel (Lair:7)
  8 crimson imps
  A lava snake (Lair:2)
  A quasit (Abyss:2)
  7 starcursed masses (Abyss:2)
  A black bear zombie (Crypt:2)
  17 jellies
  A giant frog zombie (D:4)
  26 orc priests
  4 centaur skeletons
  2 giant frog skeletons
  42 orc wizards
  Crazy Yiuf (D:3)
  A gnoll shaman (D:5)
  5 iron imps
  21 iguanas
  2 hell rats (Lair:6)
  11 worker ants
  2 killer bee zombies
  A wolf simulacrum (D:12)
  36 sheep
  A deep dwarf zombie (Crypt:2)
  An ogre zombie (Dis:3)
  2 spectral hounds (Depths:2)
  A naga skeleton (Crypt:3)
  2 hound zombies (D:4)
  8 mummies (Crypt:3)
  A hound skeleton (D:6)
  2 worker ant zombies
  2 howler monkey skeletons
  11 adders
  12 gnolls
  99 river rats
  6 shadow imps
  3 white imps
  2 ufetubi
  An ooze (D:3)
  3 adder skeletons
  2 adder zombies (D:4)
  A worm (shapeshifter) (Depths:4)
  8 ball lightnings (Pan)
  5 dart slugs
  12 worms
  4 giant geckos
  133 orcs
  3 ball pythons
  3 giant cockroaches
  10 hobgoblins
  10 jackals
  7 kobolds
  5 quokkas
  7 bats
  A giant cockroach zombie (D:4)
  11 giant newts
  11 goblins
  3 goblin skeletons (D:5)
  A jackal zombie (D:4)
  3 kobold zombies
  3 orc skeletons
  An orc zombie (D:5)
  2 quokka zombies
  19 rats
  A river rat simulacrum (D:12)
  A block of ice (Vaults:5)
  A bush (Lair:7)
  5 fungi
  6 lost souls
  8 plants
  A starspawn tentacle (Abyss:1)
  3 withered plants (Crypt:3)
4138 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (collateral kills)
  Saint Roka (Orc:2)
  A caustic shrike (Depths:4)
  Arachne (Spider:2)
  A griffon (Lair:5)
  A hellwing (Depths:5)
  A spriggan (Swamp:2)
  A tarantella (Spider:4)
  A basilisk (Lair:1)
  A wasp (Swamp:2)
  4 wolves
13 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (others)
  A lich (Pan)
  2 eldritch tentacles (Pan)
  2 fire giants
  2 blood saints (Pan)
  A chaos champion (Pan)
  An ironheart preserver (Vaults:5)
  A black sun (Pan)
  2 vault guards (Vaults:5)
  A smoke demon (Pan)
  2 yaktaurs
  2 hellwings (Pan)
  A neqoxec (Pan)
  A wolf (Depths:2)
  A white imp (Zot:1)
  6 ball lightnings (Pan)
  67 blocks of ice
  2 bushes (Lair:7)
  A demonic plant (Pan)
  231 eldritch tentacle segments (Pan)
  105 fungi
  2 lost souls
  126 plants
  15 starspawn tentacles
  218 starspawn tentacle segments
  4 tentacles (Abyss:3)
  3 tentacle segments (Abyss:3)
  23 withered plants (Crypt:3)
823 creatures vanquished.

Grand Total: 4974 creatures vanquished

Last edited by Malevolent on Friday, 29th April 2016, 20:41, edited 2 times in total.
If I play online, I do so under the screenname Marenglen.

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 29th April 2016, 20:34

Re: YAVP: Second win, DrVM^Sif Muna, 10 runes

This part didn't fit into the first post:

Code:
Notes
Turn   | Place    | Note
--------------------------------------------------------------
     0 | D:1      | Marenglen the Draconian Venom Mage began the quest for the Orb.
     0 | D:1      | Reached XP level 1. HP: 14/14 MP: 3/3
   189 | D:1      | Reached XP level 2. HP: 15/20 MP: 0/5
   471 | D:1      | Learned a level 2 spell: Cure Poison
  1004 | D:1      | Reached skill level 5 in Poison Magic
  1031 | D:1      | Reached XP level 3. HP: 26/26 MP: 3/6
  1556 | D:2      | Learned a level 3 spell: Mephitic Cloud
  1912 | D:2      | Found a bloodstained altar of Trog.
  2160 | D:2      | Reached XP level 4. HP: 33/33 MP: 4/7
  2836 | D:3      | Noticed Sigmund
  3568 | D:3      | Reached XP level 5. HP: 38/38 MP: 1/8
  3789 | D:3      | Reached skill level 1 in Fighting
  4109 | D:3      | Killed Sigmund
  4109 | D:3      | Reached XP level 6. HP: 32/51 MP: 0/9
  4476 | D:3      | Noticed Crazy Yiuf
  4489 | D:3      | Killed Crazy Yiuf
  5341 | D:4      | Your scales start taking on an icy white colour.
  5341 | D:4      | Reached XP level 7. HP: 59/60 MP: 10/10
  5341 | D:4      | Gained mutation: Your flesh is cold resistant. [White Draconian growth]
  5397 | D:4      | Noticed Menkaure
  5658 | D:4      | Found a staircase to the Ecumenical Temple.
  5696 | Temple   | Entered the Ecumenical Temple
  5783 | Temple   | Became a worshipper of Sif Muna the Loreminder
  6003 | D:4      | Reached skill level 1 in Conjurations
  6035 | D:4      | Killed Menkaure
  6234 | D:3      | Learned a level 4 spell: Olgreb's Toxic Radiance
  6414 | D:5      | Entered Level 5 of the Dungeon
  6458 | D:5      | Found a radiant altar of Vehumet.
  6458 | D:5      | Found a snail-covered altar of Cheibriados.
  6543 | D:5      | Found a bloodstained altar of Trog.
  6548 | D:5      | Reached * piety under Sif Muna
  6662 | D:5      | Reached XP level 8. HP: 66/67 MP: 5/13
  7538 | D:5      | Found a glowing golden altar of the Shining One.
  7624 | D:5      | Reached ** piety under Sif Muna
  7876 | D:5      | Learned a level 5 spell: Venom Bolt
  8096 | D:5      | Found an opulent altar of Gozag.
  8284 | D:6      | Noticed Dowan
  8291 | D:6      | Noticed Duvessa
  8297 | D:6      | Killed Dowan
  8326 | D:6      | Killed Duvessa
  8555 | D:6      | Reached skill level 5 in Spellcasting
  9016 | D:6      | Found an oddly glowing altar of Pakellas.
  9016 | D:6      | Found a sacrificial altar of Ru.
  9017 | D:6      | Found a blossoming altar of Fedhas.
  9403 | D:7      | Reached *** piety under Sif Muna
  9403 | D:7      | Reached skill level 5 in Conjurations
  9403 | D:7      | Reached XP level 9. HP: 27/72 MP: 15/17
 10560 | D:8      | Noticed Erica
 11351 | D:7      | Killed Erica
 11351 | D:7      | Reached **** piety under Sif Muna
 11664 | D:8      | Reached ***** piety under Sif Muna
 11745 | D:8      | Reached XP level 10. HP: 43/80 MP: 1/20
 12038 | D:8      | Noticed Psyche
 12071 | D:8      | Killed Psyche
 12197 | D:8      | Reached skill level 10 in Poison Magic
 12604 | D:8      | Found a glowing silver altar of Zin.
 13163 | D:9      | Found Dutoiplo's Book Shop.
 13166 | D:9      | Found Mairiafe's Gadget Boutique.
 13190 | D:9      | Noticed Pikel
 13245 | D:9      | Killed Pikel
 13324 | D:9      | Noticed Maurice
 13342 | D:9      | Killed Maurice
 13342 | D:9      | Reached ****** piety under Sif Muna
 13342 | D:9      | Received a gift from Sif Muna
 13343 | D:9      | Identified Sif Muna's Compendium of Captivating Arcane Weapons (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 9 of the Dungeon)
 13671 | D:9      | Found Umuboug's Gadget Shoppe.
 13802 | D:10     | Entered Level 10 of the Dungeon
 14230 | D:10     | Learned a level 2 spell: Swiftness
 14617 | D:10     | Got an encrusted hand axe
 14618 | D:10     | Identified the +8 hand axe "Lekuc" {chop, MR+ Dex+6} (You found it on level 10 of the Dungeon)
 15423 | D:11     | Reached XP level 11. HP: 85/85 MP: 17/22
 15479 | D:11     | Found a staircase to the Orcish Mines.
 15499 | D:11     | Found a roughly hewn altar of Beogh.
 15798 | D:11     | Found a staircase to the Lair.
 15953 | D:11     | Noticed Urug
 15985 | D:11     | Killed Urug
 16168 | D:11     | Reached skill level 10 in Conjurations
 16583 | D:11     | Noticed an ettin
 16884 | D:12     | Noticed Maud
 17875 | D:12     | Received a gift from Sif Muna
 17886 | D:12     | Identified Sif Muna's Collected Works on Translocation and the Volcanoes (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 12 of the Dungeon)
 18883 | D:12     | Noticed a necromancer
 18909 | D:12     | Killed a necromancer
 19239 | Lair:1   | Entered Level 1 of the Lair of Beasts
 19266 | Lair:1   | Identified a scroll of acquirement
 19416 | Lair:1   | Got a twisted trident
 19419 | Lair:1   | Identified the cursed +1 trident "Paanoter" {pain, rPois rC+} (You found it on level 1 of the Lair of Beasts)
 19484 | D:11     | Noticed a deep elf mage
 19515 | D:11     | Killed a deep elf mage
 19654 | D:11     | Identified the Disquisition on Freezing Transmigration
 19658 | D:11     | Learned a level 2 spell: Throw Frost
 20399 | Lair:1   | Reached skill level 1 in Ice Magic
 20687 | Lair:1   | Reached XP level 12. HP: 89/92 MP: 0/23
 21293 | Lair:2   | Noticed a seven-headed hydra
 21834 | Lair:2   | Received a gift from Sif Muna
 21851 | Lair:2   | Identified Sif Muna's Tome of Displaced Air (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 2 of the Lair of Beasts)
 21933 | Lair:2   | Learned a level 2 spell: Blink
 22654 | Lair:2   | Noticed a four-headed hydra
 22834 | Lair:2   | Reached skill level 1 in Translocations
 23296 | Lair:1   | Noticed a six-headed hydra
 23758 | Lair:3   | Reached skill level 5 in Ice Magic
 26437 | Lair:4   | Found a staircase to the Swamp.
 26438 | Lair:4   | Noticed a five-headed hydra
 26700 | Lair:4   | Noticed a six-headed hydra
 26884 | Lair:4   | Received a gift from Sif Muna
 26885 | Lair:4   | Identified Anneh's Almanac of Poison and the Frostbite (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 4 of the Lair of Beasts)
 26907 | Lair:4   | Learned a level 6 spell: Bolt of Cold
 27976 | Lair:4   | Killed a six-headed hydra
 28478 | Lair:4   | Noticed an alligator
 28742 | Lair:4   | Killed a five-headed hydra
 28742 | Lair:4   | Reached XP level 13. HP: 97/97 MP: 5/24
 29813 | Lair:5   | Found a hole to the Spider Nest.
 30717 | Lair:5   | Reached skill level 10 in Ice Magic
 32030 | Lair:6   | Reached skill level 1 in Invocations
 32676 | Lair:4   | Reached skill level 5 in Fighting
 33496 | Lair:6   | Found a staircase to the Slime Pits.
 34050 | Lair:6   | Reached skill level 5 in Invocations
 34299 | Lair:6   | Identified the Tome of Compulsion
 34622 | Lair:6   | Found a viscous altar of Jiyva.
 36505 | Lair:7   | Reached XP level 14. HP: 88/107 MP: 20/25
 36508 | Lair:7   | Found a sacrificial altar of Ru.
 39755 | Lair:8   | Entered Level 8 of the Lair of Beasts
 41926 | Lair:8   | Received a gift from Sif Muna
 41927 | Lair:8   | Identified Sif Muna's Almanac of Hexes and Lightness (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 8 of the Lair of Beasts)
 42174 | Lair:8   | Reached skill level 5 in Dodging
 42554 | Lair:8   | Identified the Disquisition on Confrontation and Cold
 42747 | Lair:8   | Reached XP level 15. HP: 108/117 MP: 8/27
 42748 | Lair:8   | Reached skill level 1 in Shields
 45573 | D:13     | Found Juacsara's Distillery.
 45595 | D:13     | Bought a potion of cure mutation for 400 gold pieces
 45595 | D:13     | Bought a potion of beneficial mutation for 560 gold pieces
 45595 | D:13     | Bought a potion of magic for 128 gold pieces
 45595 | D:13     | Bought a potion of magic for 128 gold pieces
 45595 | D:13     | Bought a potion of flight for 48 gold pieces
 47437 | D:14     | Found a gate to the Vaults.
 47437 | D:14     | Noticed Rupert
 47437 | D:14     | Noticed Norris
 48465 | D:13     | Paralysed by Rupert for 5 turns
 48971 | Orc:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Orcish Mines
 48971 | Orc:1    | Found a roughly hewn altar of Beogh.
 49249 | Orc:1    | Found a roughly hewn altar of Beogh.
 49811 | D:11     | Gained mutation: You are agile. (Dex +2) [potion of mutation]
 49811 | D:11     | Gained mutation: Your flesh is very cold resistant. [potion of mutation]
 49811 | D:11     | Gained mutation: You are resistant to hostile enchantments. [potion of mutation]
 49812 | D:11     | Gained mutation: You have supernaturally acute eyesight. [potion of beneficial mutation]
 49813 | D:11     | Gained mutation: You are very agile. (Dex +4) [potion of beneficial mutation]
 50513 | Orc:1    | Received a gift from Sif Muna
 50513 | Orc:1    | Reached skill level 15 in Ice Magic
 51038 | Orc:1    | Reached skill level 10 in Spellcasting
 51137 | Orc:1    | Got a transparent lajatang
 51158 | Orc:1    | Got a faintly glowing pewter ring
 51162 | Orc:1    | Identified the ring "Fioj" {MR+ Str+7} (You found it on level 1 of the Orcish Mines)
 51791 | Orc:2    | Entered Level 2 of the Orcish Mines
 51929 | Orc:2    | Reached skill level 5 in Stealth
 52068 | Orc:2    | Found Ixkued's Assorted Antiques.
 52226 | Orc:2    | Found a staircase to the Elven Halls.
 52242 | Orc:2    | Bought a curved lead wand for 132 gold pieces
 52243 | Orc:2    | Bought a glowing puce potion for 29 gold pieces
 52456 | Orc:2    | Reached XP level 16. HP: 132/132 MP: 17/30
 52937 | Orc:2    | Found Cyarikij's Book Emporium.
 52937 | Orc:2    | Found Cutaxtaxed's Armour Boutique.
 52941 | Orc:2    | Found Kuwkac's Magic Scroll Emporium.
 52941 | Orc:2    | Found Xaczes's General Store.
 53077 | Orc:2    | Bought a scroll of recharging for 133 gold pieces
 53077 | Orc:2    | Bought a scroll of identify for 28 gold pieces
 53077 | Orc:2    | Bought a scroll of identify for 28 gold pieces
 53078 | Orc:2    | Bought a potion of curing for 48 gold pieces
 53078 | Orc:2    | Bought 2 scrolls of teleportation for 96 gold pieces
 53122 | Orc:2    | Noticed Saint Roka
 54876 | Orc:2    | Killed Saint Roka
 55261 | Elf:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Elven Halls
 55514 | Orc:2    | Learned a level 7 spell: Orb of Destruction
 55589 | Elf:1    | Reached skill level 10 in Fighting
 57040 | D:12     | Killed Maud
 58474 | D:15     | Entered Level 15 of the Dungeon
 58552 | D:15     | Found a staircase to the Depths.
 60299 | Swamp:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Swamp
 63263 | Swamp:2  | Noticed a thorn hunter
 63269 | Swamp:2  | Killed a thorn hunter
 63630 | Swamp:3  | Reached XP level 17. HP: 145/145 MP: 12/31
 66804 | Swamp:4  | Entered Level 4 of the Swamp
 69007 | Swamp:4  | Received a gift from Sif Muna
 69305 | Swamp:4  | Identified Sif Muna's Catalogue of Stolen Souls and Transformation (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 4 of the Swamp)
 71252 | Swamp:4  | Got a decaying rune of Zot
 72019 | Spider:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Spider Nest
 72034 | Spider:1 | Reached skill level 5 in Translocations
 72443 | Spider:1 | Reached skill level 15 in Conjurations
 72972 | Spider:1 | Learned a level 2 spell: Repel Missiles
 73121 | Spider:1 | Reached XP level 18. HP: 157/157 MP: 17/32
 73594 | Spider:2 | Reached skill level 1 in Charms
 73637 | Spider:2 | Noticed Arachne
 74025 | Spider:2 | Killed Arachne
 74044 | Spider:2 | Gained mutation: Your mind is acute. (Int +2) [potion of beneficial mutation]
 75442 | Spider:2 | Received a gift from Sif Muna
 75443 | Spider:2 | Identified Sif Muna's Handbook of Envenoming and Summoning (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 2 of the Spider Nest)
 79239 | Spider:4 | Entered Level 4 of the Spider Nest
 79428 | Spider:4 | Reached skill level 5 in Charms
 79685 | Spider:4 | Received a gift from Sif Muna
 79686 | Spider:4 | Identified Sif Muna's Collected Works on Evil Arts and Cold (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 4 of the Spider Nest)
 81764 | Spider:4 | Reached XP level 19. HP: 163/163 MP: 6/34
 83988 | Spider:4 | Got a gossamer rune of Zot
 84977 | Vaults:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Vaults
 85122 | Vaults:1 | Found Voaneewn's Gadget Boutique.
 85129 | Vaults:1 | Received a gift from Sif Muna
 85129 | Vaults:1 | Reached skill level 10 in Translocations
 85130 | Vaults:1 | Identified Sif Muna's Handbook of Hurtful Poisoning (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 1 of the Vaults)
 86545 | Vaults:1 | Learned a level 6 spell: Iron Shot
 86691 | Vaults:1 | Found Varec's Antique Weapon Boutique.
 86710 | Vaults:1 | Found Ohaykhlyo's Armour Boutique.
 86838 | Vaults:1 | Reached skill level 1 in Earth Magic
 87141 | Vaults:1 | Found Naum's Assorted Antiques.
 87489 | Vaults:1 | Found Raol's Armour Emporium.
 87493 | Vaults:1 | Bought a +0 cloak of poison resistance for 119 gold pieces
 88598 | Vaults:1 | Received a gift from Sif Muna
 88599 | Vaults:1 | Identified Sif Muna's Disquisition on Conjuration and Benedictions (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 1 of the Vaults)
 89137 | Vaults:2 | Reached skill level 5 in Earth Magic
 90213 | Vaults:2 | Noticed a bone dragon
 90232 | Vaults:2 | Reached XP level 20. HP: 135/171 MP: 3/35
 90698 | Vaults:1 | Killed a bone dragon
 92139 | Vaults:2 | Received a gift from Sif Muna
 92140 | Vaults:2 | Identified Sif Muna's Collected Works on Dislocated Conjuration (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 2 of the Vaults)
 92195 | Vaults:2 | Found a staircase to the Crypt.
 93127 | Vaults:3 | Found Roddefoeq's Book Shop.
 93208 | Vaults:3 | Found a flickering gateway to a bazaar.
 93257 | Bazaar   | Entered a bazaar
 93263 | Bazaar   | Found Ecowk's Jewellery Shop.
 93264 | Bazaar   | Found Cidit's Magic Scroll Boutique.
 93265 | Bazaar   | Got a crude pewter ring
 93267 | Bazaar   | Identified the ring "Suaric" {Str+5 SInv} (You found it in a bazaar)
 93277 | Bazaar   | Identified Sif Muna's Incunabulum of Floating Malediction
 93291 | Bazaar   | Bought a scroll of teleportation for 51 gold pieces
 93291 | Bazaar   | Bought a scroll of teleportation for 51 gold pieces
 93293 | Bazaar   | Bought an uncursed ring of magical power for 280 gold pieces
 93295 | Bazaar   | Bought a scroll of fog for 34 gold pieces
 93295 | Bazaar   | Bought a scroll of identify for 34 gold pieces
 93295 | Bazaar   | Bought a scroll of identify for 34 gold pieces
 93551 | Vaults:3 | Noticed Wiglaf
 93846 | Vaults:3 | Killed Wiglaf
 94940 | Vaults:3 | Received a gift from Sif Muna
 94941 | Vaults:3 | Identified Sif Muna's Reference Book on the Arsonist and Arcane Weapons (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 3 of the Vaults)
 97512 | Vaults:4 | Reached XP level 21. HP: 178/178 MP: 23/36
 97924 | Vaults:4 | Received a gift from Sif Muna
 97953 | Vaults:4 | Identified Sif Muna's Papyrus of the Voyage and Envenoming (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 4 of the Vaults)
 99614 | Depths:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Depths
 99957 | Depths:1 | Found a gateway to Hell.
100030 | Depths:1 | Noticed a caustic shrike
100035 | Depths:1 | Noticed a juggernaut
100113 | D:15     | Killed a juggernaut
100383 | Depths:1 | Received a gift from Sif Muna
100660 | Depths:1 | Identified Sif Muna's Almanac of Poisonous Boosts (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 1 of the Depths)
101911 | Depths:1 | Reached skill level 15 in Translocations
102335 | Depths:1 | Killed a caustic shrike
102694 | Depths:1 | Found a one-way gate leading to the halls of Pandemonium.
102897 | Depths:2 | Noticed Margery
103014 | Depths:2 | Killed Margery
103204 | Depths:2 | Found a gateway to a ziggurat.
103848 | Depths:1 | Received a gift from Sif Muna
103857 | Depths:1 | Identified Sif Muna's Grimoire of Glacial Weightlessness (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 1 of the Depths)
104059 | Depths:2 | Reached XP level 22. HP: 152/185 MP: 19/37
104482 | Depths:2 | Learned a level 8 spell: Controlled Blink
105828 | Depths:2 | Found a roughly hewn altar of Beogh.
105837 | Depths:2 | Noticed a greater mummy
106588 | Depths:2 | Killed a greater mummy
106588 | Depths:2 | Received a gift from Sif Muna
106589 | Depths:2 | Identified Vicsas's Tome of Conjuration and the Blaze (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 2 of the Depths)
106712 | Depths:2 | Found The Legendary Laaw's Legendary Smithy.
106734 | Depths:2 | Found Vywn's Slaves and Accessories.
106794 | Depths:2 | Found Jack's Jerk-a-riffic Jerky.
106850 | Depths:2 | Found Yzxok's Miraculous Elixirs.
107145 | Depths:3 | Found Xics's Weapon Emporium.
107160 | Depths:3 | Noticed Mara
107174 | Depths:3 | Killed Mara
107227 | Depths:3 | Found a magical portal.
107235 | WizLab   | Entered Doroklohe's Tomb
107476 | WizLab   | Noticed a greater mummy
108127 | Depths:3 | Found a large runed door.
108129 | Depths:3 | Found a large runed door.
108726 | Depths:3 | Received a gift from Sif Muna
108727 | Depths:3 | Identified Acosuw's Tome of Vitriolic Confrontation (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 3 of the Depths)
108856 | Depths:3 | Found a one-way gate to the infinite horrors of the Abyss.
108867 | Depths:3 | Found a large runed door.
108869 | Depths:3 | Noticed a golden dragon
108871 | Depths:3 | Found a large runed door.
109481 | Depths:3 | Found a large runed door.
109485 | Depths:3 | Found a large runed door.
109567 | Depths:3 | Found a large runed door.
109571 | Depths:3 | Found a large runed door.
109828 | Depths:3 | Reached XP level 23. HP: 190/192 MP: 4/38
110142 | Depths:4 | Found a snail-covered altar of Cheibriados.
110504 | Depths:4 | Gained mutation: Your magical capacity is low (-10% MP). [a shining eye]
110672 | Depths:4 | Noticed Louise
111789 | Depths:4 | Noticed a juggernaut
111796 | Depths:5 | Entered Level 5 of the Depths
112038 | Depths:5 | Noticed a caustic shrike
112038 | Depths:5 | Noticed a caustic shrike
112040 | Depths:5 | Noticed a caustic shrike
112062 | Depths:5 | Killed a caustic shrike
112062 | Depths:5 | Received a gift from Sif Muna
112063 | Depths:5 | Identified Sif Muna's Almanac of Destructive Earth (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 5 of the Depths)
112070 | Depths:5 | Killed a caustic shrike
112090 | Depths:5 | Noticed a juggernaut
113430 | Elf:1    | Learned a level 3 spell: Regeneration
114840 | Elf:2    | Found a huge runed gate.
114842 | Elf:2    | Found a huge runed gate.
114843 | Elf:2    | Found a huge runed gate.
115373 | Elf:3    | Entered Level 3 of the Elven Halls
115395 | Elf:2    | Received a gift from Sif Muna
115402 | Elf:2    | Learned a level 1 spell: Apportation
115405 | Elf:2    | Identified Sif Muna's Volume of Clay and Venom (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 2 of the Elven Halls)
116006 | Elf:3    | Noticed Nikola
116606 | Elf:3    | Identified the Volume of Burning Flight
116697 | Elf:3    | Identified Ujuom's Incunabulum of Excruciating Fire
116769 | Elf:3    | Got a slimy garnet amulet
116771 | Elf:3    | Identified the amulet of the Spinneret {RegenMP Dex+2 Stlth+} (You found it on level 3 of the Elven Halls)
116860 | Elf:3    | Got a scorched ruby amulet
116887 | Elf:3    | Identified the amulet "Hiemp" {Faith Str+4 Int+3 Slay+2} (You took it off a deep elf master archer on level 3 of the Elven Halls)
117485 | Depths:3 | Received a gift from Sif Muna
117486 | Depths:3 | Identified Qinigh's Disquisition on Quantum Transformation (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 3 of the Depths)
117656 | Depths:4 | Reached XP level 24. HP: 200/200 MP: 17/35
117883 | Depths:3 | Noticed a juggernaut
118012 | Depths:3 | Killed a juggernaut
119536 | Depths:4 | Received a gift from Sif Muna
119537 | Depths:4 | Identified Sif Muna's Volume of Good Luck and Stolen Souls (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 4 of the Depths)
121626 | Depths:5 | Received a gift from Sif Muna
122767 | Depths:5 | Identified Sif Muna's Handbook of the Mutagenic Rocks (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 5 of the Depths)
122783 | Depths:5 | Killed Louise
123090 | Depths:5 | Reached XP level 25. HP: 204/206 MP: 5/36
123253 | Depths:5 | Found a gate to the Realm of Zot.
123285 | Depths:5 | Received a gift from Sif Muna
123286 | Depths:5 | Identified Sif Muna's Volume of the Cankerous Compass (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 5 of the Depths)
123653 | Depths:5 | Killed a juggernaut
124488 | Vaults:1 | Learned a level 9 spell: Glaciate
124886 | Vaults:5 | Entered Level 5 of the Vaults
124933 | Vaults:5 | Received a gift from Sif Muna
124990 | Vaults:5 | Noticed Frederick
125702 | Vaults:5 | Received a gift from Sif Muna
125703 | Vaults:5 | Identified Sif Muna's Incunabulum of Supportive Confrontation (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 5 of the Vaults)
126125 | Vaults:5 | Reached skill level 15 in Spellcasting
127066 | Vaults:5 | Received a gift from Sif Muna
127091 | Vaults:5 | Identified Sif Muna's Guide on Frigorific Execration (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 5 of the Vaults)
127167 | Vaults:5 | Reached XP level 26. HP: 214/214 MP: 30/38
127436 | Vaults:5 | Killed Frederick
127458 | Vaults:5 | Identified the Catalogue of the Escort and the Rocks (You found it on level 5 of the Vaults)
127530 | Vaults:5 | Got a silver rune of Zot
128400 | Vaults:5 | Identified the Handbook of Translocation and Aid
128559 | Vaults:5 | Got a flickering steel ring
128560 | Vaults:5 | Identified the ring of Loaroo {*Tele Dex+3 SInv} (You found it on level 5 of the Vaults)
128617 | Vaults:5 | Identified Sif Muna's Handbook of Spatial Arcane Weapons (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 5 of the Vaults)
129076 | Vaults:2 | Received a gift from Sif Muna
129077 | Vaults:2 | Identified Sif Muna's Catalogue of Hurtful Creation (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 2 of the Vaults)
129159 | Crypt:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Crypt
129379 | Crypt:1  | Noticed Donald
129589 | Crypt:1  | Killed Donald
130978 | Crypt:1  | Found a basalt altar of Yredelemnul.
131447 | Crypt:2  | Received a gift from Sif Muna
131448 | Crypt:2  | Identified Sif Muna's Disquisition on Icy Attacks (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 2 of the Crypt)
131461 | Crypt:2  | Noticed Sojobo
132616 | Crypt:2  | Killed Sojobo
133064 | Crypt:3  | Entered Level 3 of the Crypt
133706 | Crypt:3  | Received a gift from Sif Muna
133721 | Crypt:3  | Identified Sif Muna's Tome of Combat Magic and Curses (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 3 of the Crypt)
134537 | Crypt:3  | Reached skill level 27 in Ice Magic
134935 | Crypt:3  | Reached XP level 27. HP: 216/221 MP: 1/38
135818 | Crypt:3  | Found a staircase to the Tomb.
135842 | Crypt:3  | Noticed an ancient lich
135846 | Crypt:3  | Killed an ancient lich
136211 | Crypt:3  | Got a smoking gossamer ring
136212 | Crypt:3  | Identified the ring "Ytwidaq" {Int+6 Stlth-} (You found it on level 3 of the Crypt)
136686 | Tomb:1   | Entered Level 1 of the Tomb of the Ancients
137200 | Pan      | Entered Pandemonium
137220 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
137992 | Pan      | Noticed Nin Hud the pandemonium lord
138238 | Pan      | Reached skill level 10 in Dodging
138575 | Pan      | Reached skill level 10 in Stealth
139079 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
139808 | Pan      | Reached skill level 10 in Invocations
140161 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
140208 | Pan      | Noticed Vuots the pandemonium lord
140214 | Pan      | Killed Vuots the pandemonium lord
140316 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
140327 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
140686 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
140705 | Pan      | Lost mutation: You have supernaturally acute eyesight. [a cacodemon]
140717 | Pan      | Noticed Fuhyar the pandemonium lord
140806 | Pan      | Killed Fuhyar the pandemonium lord
141397 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
143008 | Pan      | Got a demonic rune of Zot
143016 | Pan      | Noticed Mennas
143185 | Pan      | Noticed Tutecom the pandemonium lord
143188 | Pan      | Gained mutation: You tend to lose your temper in combat. [a neqoxec]
143192 | Pan      | Gained mutation: You are frail (-10% HP). [a neqoxec]
143194 | Pan      | Lost mutation: Your magical capacity is low (-10% MP). [potion of cure mutation]
143194 | Pan      | Lost mutation: You are frail (-10% HP). [potion of cure mutation]
143194 | Pan      | Lost mutation: You are resistant to hostile enchantments. [potion of cure mutation]
143194 | Pan      | Lost mutation: Your flesh is very cold resistant. [potion of cure mutation]
143194 | Pan      | Lost mutation: You tend to lose your temper in combat. [potion of cure mutation]
143449 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
143887 | Pan      | Reached skill level 15 in Fighting
143910 | Pan      | Noticed Zoymaef the pandemonium lord
143994 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
144123 | Pan      | Noticed Monabruw the pandemonium lord
144462 | Pan      | Entered the realm of Lom Lobon.
145002 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
145939 | Pan      | Got a magical rune of Zot
145943 | Pan      | Noticed Lom Lobon
146576 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
147242 | Pan      | Entered the realm of Gloorx Vloq.
147251 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
150093 | Pan      | Noticed Gloorx Vloq
150097 | Pan      | Got a dark rune of Zot
150355 | Pan      | Found an exit through the horrors of the Abyss.
150683 | Pan      | Entered the realm of Cerebov.
150683 | Pan      | Noticed Cerebov
150688 | Pan      | Got a fiery rune of Zot
150732 | Pan      | Reached skill level 15 in Dodging
150866 | Pan      | Entered the realm of Mnoleg.
150866 | Pan      | Noticed Mnoleg
150868 | Pan      | Got a glowing rune of Zot
151123 | Pan      | Noticed Mamm the pandemonium lord
151133 | Pan      | Killed Mamm the pandemonium lord
151339 | Pan      | Noticed a seraph
152460 | Pan      | Noticed Mnoleg
152581 | Pan      | Noticed Jacserpho the pandemonium lord
152988 | Pan      | Gained mutation: You are weak. (Str -2) [a cacodemon]
153045 | Pan      | Lost mutation: Your mind is acute. (Int +2) [mutagenic glow]
153361 | Pan      | Noticed Cerebov
153426 | Depths:1 | Escaped Pandemonium
153646 | Depths:3 | Voluntarily entered the Abyss.
153776 | Abyss:1  | Noticed an ancient lich
153780 | Abyss:1  | Killed an ancient lich
154057 | Abyss:1  | Found a burning altar of Makhleb.
154449 | Abyss:2  | Found an oddly glowing altar of Pakellas.
154627 | Abyss:3  | Found a glowing golden altar of the Shining One.
154664 | Abyss:3  | Received a gift from Sif Muna
154683 | Abyss:3  | Got an abyssal rune of Zot
154712 | Abyss:3  | Found a glowing golden altar of the Shining One.
154717 | Abyss:3  | Identified Sif Muna's Collected Works on Excruciating Calling (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 3 of the Abyss)
154777 | Abyss:3  | Paralysed by you for 6 turns
154984 | Abyss:3  | Gained mutation: You tend to lose your temper in combat. [a neqoxec]
155107 | Abyss:3  | Found a corrupted altar of Lugonu.
155128 | Depths:3 | Escaped the Abyss
155613 | Slime:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Pits of Slime
155704 | Lair:6   | Lost mutation: You are very agile. (Dex +4) [potion of cure mutation]
155704 | Lair:6   | Lost mutation: You are weak. (Str -2) [potion of cure mutation]
155704 | Lair:6   | Lost mutation: You are agile. (Dex +2) [potion of cure mutation]
155705 | Lair:6   | Lost mutation: You tend to lose your temper in combat. [potion of cure mutation]
157736 | Slime:5  | Paralysed by a great orb of eyes for 3 turns
157791 | Slime:6  | Entered Level 6 of the Pits of Slime
157818 | Slime:6  | Noticed the Royal Jelly
157832 | Slime:6  | Killed the Royal Jelly
158094 | Slime:6  | Got a slimy rune of Zot
158100 | Slime:6  | Got a shimmering bone ring
158173 | Slime:5  | Gained mutation: Your magical capacity is low (-10% MP). [mutagenic glow]
158647 | Zot:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Realm of Zot
158919 | Zot:1    | Noticed an orb of fire
161130 | Zot:2    | Received a gift from Sif Muna
161135 | Zot:2    | Identified Firottes's Handbook of Execration (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 2 of the Realm of Zot)
162334 | Zot:1    | Identified the ring "Tinou" {+Inv rF+ Int+6 SInv} (You found it on level 6 of the Pits of Slime)
162391 | Zot:1    | Gained mutation: You are frail (-10% HP). [an orb of fire]
162394 | Zot:1    | Killed an orb of fire
163640 | Zot:4    | Received a gift from Sif Muna
163642 | Zot:4    | Identified Sif Muna's Reference Book on Lethal Attacks (Sif Muna gifted it to you on level 4 of the Realm of Zot)
164393 | Zot:4    | Noticed an orb of fire
164396 | Zot:4    | Killed an orb of fire
165075 | Zot:5    | Entered Level 5 of the Realm of Zot
166850 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
166885 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
167034 | Zot:5    | Killed an ancient lich
167356 | Zot:5    | Noticed an orb of fire
167360 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: You regenerate slowly when monsters are visible. [an orb of fire]
167363 | Zot:5    | Killed an orb of fire
167538 | Zot:5    | Noticed an orb of fire
167572 | Zot:5    | Killed an ancient lich
167794 | Depths:2 | Bought 5 beef jerkies for 105 gold pieces
168060 | Hell     | Entered the Vestibule of Hell
168063 | Hell     | Noticed Geryon
168104 | Hell     | Killed Geryon
168329 | Hell     | Found a gateway to the ashen valley of Gehenna.
168682 | Hell     | Found a gateway to the Iron City of Dis.
169161 | Hell     | Found a gateway to the freezing wastes of Cocytus.
169256 | Coc:1    | Entered Level 1 of Cocytus
169803 | Dis:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Iron City of Dis
170152 | Dis:3    | Reached skill level 27 in Fighting
171686 | Zot:5    | Killed an orb of fire
172232 | Zot:5    | Lost mutation: Your magical capacity is low (-10% MP). [potion of cure mutation]
172232 | Zot:5    | Lost mutation: You are frail (-10% HP). [potion of cure mutation]
172232 | Zot:5    | Lost mutation: You regenerate slowly when monsters are visible. [potion of cure mutation]
172235 | Zot:5    | Got the Orb of Zot
172260 | Zot:5    | Noticed Neiwaof the pandemonium lord
172273 | Zot:5    | Killed Neiwaof the pandemonium lord
172460 | Zot:1    | Noticed Gownyas the pandemonium lord
172574 | Zot:1    | Noticed an orb of fire
172591 | Zot:1    | Gained mutation: You regenerate slowly when monsters are visible. [an orb of fire]
172618 | Zot:1    | You fall through a shaft!
172946 | Depths:5 | Paralysed by a lich for 7 turns
173014 | Depths:4 | HP: 8/273 [acid (9)]
173347 | Depths:1 | Noticed Veum the pandemonium lord
173376 | D:15     | Killed Veum the pandemonium lord
173826 | D:$      | Escaped with the Orb!

Vault maps used:
D:1:      noname_arrival_rooms_in_the_neighbourhood, hex_intersection
D:2:      bloody_trog
D:3:      first_bread, minmay_crystal_water, uniq_sigmund,
          uniq_crazy_yiuf_cottage
D:4:      minmay_temple_entry_water_ring, serial_undead, serial_undead_c,
          serial_undead_a, serial_undead_b, serial_undead_f, uniq_menkaure
D:5:      grunt_temple_overflow_open, nicolae_tso_besieged_by_evil
D:6:      gammafunk_temple_overflow_claw, uniq_duvessa
D:8:      nicolae_overflow_crystal_walls, hangedman_pestilent_swarm,
          roderic_serpentine_path, minmay_misc_feat_tower, uniq_erica,
          uniq_psyche
D:9:      serial_shops, shop, shop, kennysheep_mini_moat, minivault_14,
          grunt_ministairs_14, uniq_pikel, uniq_maurice
D:10:     hangedman_decor_peaks_small
D:11:     due_lair_maze_entry_diamond, minmay_orc_entry_temple_small,
          onia_ninara_dug_in_and_dangerous, uniq_urug
D:12:     eino_house_with_fridge, uniq_maud
D:13:     serial_shops, shop
D:14:     david_vaults_3, serial_co_window_serial, co_window_corner_a,
          co_window_paths_a, co_window_paths_a, co_window_paths_a,
          co_window_paths_a, co_window_of_opportunity_b, co_window_cross_2,
          co_window_corner_ca, co_window_of_opportunity_b, co_window_cross_3,
          co_window_paths_e, co_window_4corner_a, glass_columns_a,
          glass_columns_c, glass_columns_c
D:15:     grunt_enter_depths_snipers
Temple:   water_room_temple_b_12
Lair:1:   beast_lair_carwin_large_3, grunt_megastairs_1
Lair:2:   minivault_27
Lair:3:   special_room, beast_lair_carwin_1, infiniplex_staircase_pool_2
Lair:4:   minmay_swamp_entry_reptiles, bh_autumn_forest_stairs,
          lemuel_fruit_tree
Lair:5:   dummy_spider_entry
Lair:6:   kennysheep_abandoned_house, slime_altar_1, minmay_lair_drake_nest,
          grunt_megastairs_5
Lair:7:   basic_altar, serial_forest, infiniplex_forest_clump_tiny,
          infiniplex_forest_lined_room_3, infiniplex_forest_straight_4,
          infiniplex_forest_straight_2, infiniplex_forest_clump_long,
          infiniplex_forest_clump_medium, infiniplex_forest_lined_2,
          infiniplex_forest_clump_medium, infiniplex_forest_clump_C,
          infiniplex_forest_corner_1, serial_bayou_shore_a
Lair:8:   grunt_lair_end_beastmaster, st_stairs_5
Swamp:1:  infiniplex_staircase_pool, swamp_pool1
Swamp:2:  evilmike_swamp_ruin_house_2
Swamp:3:  evilmike_swamp_ruin_house_1
Swamp:4:  swamp
Spider:2: uniq_arachne
Spider:3: worms_lemuel, uniq_norris
Spider:4: johnstein_spider_rune_arachne_lair
Slime:3:  cheibrodos_slime_lost_civilization_5
Slime:5:  cheibrodos_slime_lost_civilization_6
Orc:1:    giant_chief_lemuel, basic_altar, mines2_david
Orc:2:    grunt_orc_tribal_feast, serial_shops, shop, uniq_saint_roka
Elf:1:    hangedman_corner_corridor, wad_floor_pattern_2
Elf:2:    hangedman_elf_targetted_burst, hangedman_elf_simple_split,
          grunt_ministairs_1
Elf:3:    grunt_elf_hall_branching, uniq_nikola
Vaults:1: v_misc_18, nicolae_vaults_triangles, v_misc_27,
          ontoclasm_vaults_bender, grunt_vaults_diagonal, hangedman_vaults_maws,
          v_misc_28, nicolae_vaults_rhombus_7, nicolae_vaults_ring_of_whatevers,
          ontoclasm_vaults_twist, nicolae_vaults_little_squares_1,
          nicolae_vaults_gold_heap, serial_shops, shop, shop, shop, shop, shop
Vaults:2: v_pattern_4, nicolae_vaults_asterisk, v_misc_22, v_misc_15,
          grunt_vaults_hallway_long, minmay_crypt_entry_nasty_monster,
          ontoclasm_vaults_eye, hangedman_vaults_capsules, vaults_room_corners,
          nicolae_vaults_alarming, hangedman_vaults_stagger,
          nicolae_vaults_little_squares_2, hangedman_vaults_corner_blocks
Vaults:3: vaults_room_mumra_shop_pool, vaults_room_glass_cross,
          vaults_room_fancy_cross, nicolae_vaults_puzzle_piece, v_pattern_2,
          vaults_mumra_hex, v_misc_11, nicolae_vaults_theta, v_misc_11,
          serial_shops, bzr_entry_dummy, uniq_wiglaf
Vaults:4: v_misc_22, nicolae_vaults_three_branches, v_rooms_4, v_misc_18,
          nicolae_vaults_asterisk, vaults_standard_mumra_lines,
          hangedman_vaults_pinch, vaults_room_pool, v_misc_10, vaults_room_grid
Vaults:5: serial_shops, uniq_frederick
Crypt:1:  gammafunk_crypt_yreds_forest, grunt_ministairs_10,
          grunt_crypt_arrival_webbed, uniq_donald
Crypt:2:  hangedman_weighted_door, uniq_sojobo
Crypt:3:  quadcrypt_mu
Depths:1: evilmike_cross, nrook_pool_corridor, rand_demon_pan_entry_8,
          hell_entry, minmay_misc_feat_ornament, hex_medium, bh_walls_and_bars
Depths:2: grated_community_mu, enter_ziggurat_b, grunt_metal_band,
          infiniplex_staircase_trident, kennysheep_random_hallway, firewood_loft
Depths:3: minmay_five_octagons, hell_entry, infiniplex_staircase_pool_1,
          mu_enter_wizlab_2, rand_demon_pan_entry_9, serial_shops,
          nicolae_shop_waterfront, abyss_entry_small_statue_room, uniq_mara
Depths:4: nooodl_heptagram, nicolae_abyss_entry_one_way_or_another,
          grunt_hell_entry_dis_grunt, cheibriados_altar_1
Depths:5: evilmike_zot_entry_argh, pf_hell_entry_tar_spiral,
          minmay_misc_feat_encased, st_stairs_9, grunt_ministairs_14
Zot:2:    basic_loot_grate_trap, grunt_megastairs_3
Abyss:1:  lemuel_firewalk_3
Abyss:3:  hangedman_abyss_or_decor_jellyfish_corner,
          evilmike_abyss_rune_tso_outpost
Pan:      grunt_pan_spiral, nicolae_pan_giant_door, rand_demon_2,
          nicolae_pan_sigil_obb, evilmike_mini_pan_thingy,
          nicolae_pan_glass_arcs, nicolae_pan_gloorx_vloqian_3, rand_demon_5,
          nicolae_pan_strange_glyphs, nicolae_pan_cerebovesque_3,
          evilmike_mini_pan_corner, nicolae_pan_cerebovesque_1, rand_demon_1,
          grunt_pan_frozen_over, rand_demon_1, uniq_mennas_pan,
          lemuel_hellion_island, nicolae_pan_cerebovesque_3,
          evilmike_mini_pan_T, uniq_mennas_pan, nicolae_pan_glass_arcs,
          evilmike_mini_pan_pillars_b, nicolae_pan_sigil_itan, pan_disco_hall,
          lemuel_hall_of_pain, reaverb_pan_figure_eight,
          evilmike_mini_pan_other_thingy, nicolae_pan_lom_lobonic_1,
          reaverb_pan_squares, nicolae_pan_strange_glyphs, grunt_pan_spiral,
          evilmike_mini_pan_3x3, evilmike_mini_pan_3x3,
          evilmike_mini_pan_thingy, lom_lobon, nicolae_pan_mnolegish_1,
          rand_demon_1, pan_blood_fountain_small, rand_demon_9, uniq_lom_lobon,
          gloorx_vloq_grunt, pan_blood_fountain, evilmike_mini_pan_diamond,
          evilmike_cerebov_lava, evilmike_mini_pan_pillars,
          pan_blood_fountain_2, uniq_cerebov, nicolae_pan_sigil_obb, mnoleg,
          evilmike_mini_pan_corridor, uniq_gloorx_vloq, evilmike_holy_pan,
          grunt_pan_zigzag, rand_demon_3, uniq_mnoleg, pan_blood_fountain_small,
          rand_demon_3, pan_blood_fountain, uniq_lom_lobon,
          pan_blood_fountain_small, uniq_mnoleg, evilmike_mini_pan_diamond,
          nicolae_pan_strange_glyphs, evilmike_mini_pan_corridor, uniq_cerebov
Bazaar:   bazaar_mystics
WizLab:   wizlab_doroklohe

Skill      XL: |  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 |
---------------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-----
Poison Magic   |     5     6        7  8  9 11 12 13                                              | 13,1
Fighting       |              3  4                    5  6  9 11 13                            27 | 27,0
Stealth        |              2  3                    4     5  9                               14 | 14,4
Conjurations   |                    2  5  7  9 11 12 13          15    17 19 20             21 24 | 24,1
Spellcasting   |                    3  5  6  7           8 10       11                13 15 16    | 16,0
Ice Magic      |                                1  8 11 13 15                      18 21 24 27    | 27,0
Translocations |                                   4              5  9 10 13 15 19 21             | 21,0
Invocations    |                                      6  8                                     12 | 12,4
Dodging        |                                         5     6  9                            20 | 20,1
Shields        |                                            4                                     |  4,4
Charms         |                                                     5                            |  5,1
Earth Magic    |                                                        5  6                      |  6,5

Action                   |  1- 3 |  4- 6 |  7- 9 | 10-12 | 13-15 | 16-18 | 19-21 | 22-24 | 25-27 || total
-------------------------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------++-------
Melee: Unarmed           |     5 |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       ||     5
       Club              |    80 |   149 |    30 |       |       |       |       |       |       ||   259
       Tailslap          |     6 |    20 |    53 |    77 |    29 |    36 |    19 |     5 |    74 ||   319
       Short sword       |       |       |    62 |       |       |       |       |       |       ||    62
       Mace              |       |       |   144 |   147 |       |       |       |       |       ||   291
       Falchion          |       |       |   221 |       |       |       |       |       |       ||   221
       Hand axe          |       |       |       |   295 |    20 |   182 |    21 |       |       ||   518
       Staff             |       |       |       |    64 |   254 |    57 |    60 |    48 |   223 ||   706
 Fire: Blowgun           |       |       |     3 |       |       |       |       |       |       ||     3
 Cast: Sting             |    49 |   128 |   117 |   346 |     7 |       |       |       |       ||   647
       Mephitic Cloud    |       |     3 |    13 |    20 |     7 |     5 |     2 |       |       ||    50
       Olgreb's Toxic Ra |       |       |    11 |    50 |    76 |    46 |    18 |       |       ||   201
       Venom Bolt        |       |       |     3 |    55 |   161 |   328 |   167 |   126 |    26 ||   866
       Throw Frost       |       |       |       |    33 |       |       |       |       |       ||    33
       Bolt of Cold      |       |       |       |    27 |   418 |   469 |   567 |   677 |  1612 ||  3770
       Blink             |       |       |       |     2 |    52 |    52 |    54 |    49 |   173 ||   382
       Swiftness         |       |       |       |       |     1 |     1 |       |       |       ||     2
       Orb of Destructio |       |       |       |       |       |    95 |    85 |   153 |   362 ||   695
       Repel Missiles    |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |    10 |     8 |     7 ||    26
       Iron Shot         |       |       |       |       |       |       |   103 |   120 |  1253 ||  1476
       Controlled Blink  |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    53 |   221 ||   274
       Regeneration      |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    19 |   112 ||   131
       Glaciate          |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    60 ||    60
       Apportation       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     3 ||     3
Invok: Channel Energy    |       |       |       |     2 |   349 |   487 |   824 |   762 |  2000 ||  4424
       Forget Spell      |       |       |       |     1 |       |     1 |       |     2 |     1 ||     5
 Abil: Breathe Frost     |       |       |     7 |     9 |    27 |    13 |     5 |     4 |     8 ||    73
Evoke: Wand              |       |     1 |     3 |     7 |     4 |       |     3 |    23 |    60 ||   101
       Box of beasts     |       |       |       |     1 |     3 |     1 |     1 |       |     4 ||    10
       Fan of gales      |       |       |       |       |     2 |     4 |     1 |       |     2 ||     9
       Deck              |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |     1 ||     2
       Phantom mirror    |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |     1 ||     2
  Use: Potion            |     1 |       |     1 |     4 |    11 |    18 |     5 |    13 |    43 ||    96
       Scroll            |       |       |    13 |    15 |    13 |    18 |    13 |    13 |    54 ||   139
 Stab: Paralysed         |       |     4 |     4 |     4 |       |       |       |       |       ||    12
       Sleeping          |       |       |     2 |     4 |     1 |     2 |       |       |       ||     9
       Confused          |       |       |       |     1 |       |       |       |       |       ||     1
       Distracted        |       |       |       |       |     2 |       |       |     1 |       ||     3
  Eat: Chunk             |     5 |    13 |    17 |    61 |   109 |    96 |   139 |   128 |   161 ||   729
       Bread ration      |       |       |     2 |     1 |     2 |     8 |     4 |     4 |    15 ||    36
       Fruit             |       |       |       |     5 |       |     8 |     4 |     5 |    18 ||    40
       Meat ration       |       |       |       |     2 |       |     4 |     3 |     4 |    14 ||    27
       Pizza             |       |       |       |     2 |     3 |       |     3 |       |     5 ||    13
       Royal jelly       |       |       |       |     2 |     4 |     6 |     4 |     2 |    30 ||    48
       Beef jerky        |       |       |       |       |     1 |       |     2 |     1 |    54 ||    58
Armor: Skin              |    29 |    73 |   231 |   348 |   385 |   357 |   275 |   250 |   742 ||  2690
Dodge: Dodged            |    73 |   142 |   381 |   490 |   457 |   684 |   657 |   564 |  3143 ||  6591
       Deflected         |       |       |       |       |       |       |    52 |    41 |    24 ||   117
Block: Buckler           |       |       |       |       |    48 |   225 |   233 |   239 |  1278 ||  2023
       Reflection        |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    34 |    52 ||    86

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 29th April 2016, 21:19

Thanks for the story and congrats!

About hunger: In my experience, if you eat chunks whenever possible and don't spam high-level spells when you don't need to, hunger should not be a problem. All my mages are hybrids though and train a weapon skill at some point so I do a fair bit of melee too. I practically never use a staff of energy outside of extended...

By the way, misc evokables are very good and you should train some Evo for them.
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

Slime Squisher

Post Friday, 29th April 2016, 22:50

I've actually had some food problems (to the point of acquiring food) on my last caster of Sif because i spammed that channelling ability like crazy. The thing is: if you assume food is irrelevant then channeling instead of pressing 5 is the "optimal play" in those high HP, low MP situations. That's part of the reason why i like Vehumet over Sif: you don't even need to channel most of the time. Plus, extended range is awesome.
cBlink's effect is obviously amazing but it's a level 8 spell in a utility school. So it's probably not worth the XP cost in a standard game (goodbye, the days of huge midgame experience and level 7 cBlink). You have Blink, Passage of Golubria and scrolls of blinking for a decent substitute. For extended though, why not learn it?
Speaking of utility spells, did you actually not find a renewable source or hasting? That's very unlucky if you didn't and might explain a lot of your problems. The need for cBlink, problems with killing/surviving Pan lords or the Orb run...
Cool kids don't kill Pan lords anyway. They don't play "pure casters" either. In all seriousness, having a stick to kill popcorn with and save mana/time is a good idea. An enhancer staff is designed to do this but you can use any reasonable one-hander.
Offline greaterplayer (who cares). I don't always play online, but when i do, i streak felids.
Zot:5 on easy mode video
Double Skullcrusher

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 29th April 2016, 23:22

Yeah, I did rely pretty heavily on channeling as well. I managed chunks quite fine but still used a lot of food. A hybrid would probably have a lot less food problems, I imagine (and would be a lot better with Vehumet), as would a pure caster that played a more annoyingly optimal playstyle, but I did unwield the staff of energy near the end of the game just to take a look at hunger costs, and even Bolt of Cold and Iron Shot were at ### if I recall correctly, so I'd probably have needed to use IMB or something else that's kinda weak but still barely viable to kill small fry and save food, if I hadn't had a staff of energy or didn't want to use it.

I didn't get a wand of hasting, actually blew four acquirements on wands, I believe (teleport and heal wounds were two, and IIRC I got lightning and enslavement on another two), so I had like 5-6 potions of haste to use throughout the game. Used the last ones in Zot, plus a few in Pan.

About evocables, yeah, I know... I was just thinking that it feels kinda wasteful to use "real magic" and "evocable magic" at the same time, like their responsibilities overlapped or something. Probably not really, though. I did think at several points throughout the game that "I wish I had a few points in Evocations right now" but never really got around to training it because I figured that if I got so far with 0 Evo I might as well carry on like that.

Slime Squisher

Post Saturday, 30th April 2016, 00:02

There's not only a wand of hasting but Haste spell too. You would usually just find that. Especially with Sif Muna, of all gods.
Offline greaterplayer (who cares). I don't always play online, but when i do, i streak felids.
Zot:5 on easy mode video
Double Skullcrusher

Shoals Surfer

Post Saturday, 30th April 2016, 10:20

ZoFy wrote:There's not only a wand of hasting but Haste spell too. You would usually just find that. Especially with Sif Muna, of all gods.

Well, yeah, but I kinda didn't want to invest even further into Charms, with its -1 aptitude, and having a lot of other stuff I wanted to train. Honestly, CBlink mostly fulfilled the purpose of Haste before the orb run anyways, having Haste online would only have been really important during the orb run, when CBlink was no longer a thing. Perhaps Haste would have been a worthwhile pickup regardless, I just couldn't justify it to myself at the time. Oh well.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Saturday, 30th April 2016, 19:13

Reading your narrative, I wondered if early teleport, summoning, etc when in danger would make your games smoother. Just potential friendly advice, not criticism.

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too