CIP -> YAVP: DsGl of Gozag (4 runes)

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Halls Hopper

Post Thursday, 18th February 2016, 04:09

CIP -> YAVP: DsGl of Gozag (4 runes)

Hi- I managed to keep another character alive to 27, and I'm planning on doing extended asap for food.

I was hoping someone would give me some advice for what skills to train here;
I'm doing quite well, but I'm having trouble deciding what skills (and equipment) would be most beneficial for this character at this point.

So far I've completely cleared shoals, spider, orc, elf, the vaults, the depths and zot 1-5: though I have not picked the orb up yet.
I'm planning on going to Pan next, after (maybe) clearing hell out- depending on how long this food lasts.

Though I'm not new to crawl and I've won a handful or two of times already, sometimes I still find outside opinions useful (and often times interesting),
so I figured I'd see what someone else thought on this character, especially gear wise (CPM or Scale Mail, etc.).

Here is the link to the morgue: http://dobrazupa.org/morgue/killdudes/m ... 101630.txt
Last edited by killdudes on Friday, 19th February 2016, 10:22, edited 2 times in total.

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 19th February 2016, 10:07

Re: CIP: DsGl of Gozag (3 runes)

So... I've acquired so many mutations, after I finish looting slime I think I will likely finish this with just 4 runes.
My wand of teleportation is also empty, and with my lack of ranged or aoe damage I am not doing too great.
I never realized how terrible mutations could be before amulets of resist mutation disappeared;
I should have went jivya long enough to get rid of my bad mutations and get necromutation castable, but I got greedy/carried away and killed TRJ.
Wonder if the cloak of the thief still exists- I haven't seen it for a while... Would have been great for this pure melee build if I had found it, though.

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too