Bad mutations? When to quaff the cure mutation

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Snake Sneak

Post Thursday, 21st January 2016, 22:00

Bad mutations? When to quaff the cure mutation

I am not clear on the capital "A" screen are those only mutations in red? Will a potion of cancellation remove any of them? I only have one cure mutation is there any way to remove mutations?

http://crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/sage1234/sage1234.txt
Last edited by sage1234 on Thursday, 21st January 2016, 22:43, edited 1 time in total.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 21st January 2016, 22:05

Re: Bad mutations? When to quaff the cure mutation

Cancellation cancels out temporary effects like being petrified or slowed, it does nothing for mutations.

a Potion of cure mutation will remove a few random mutations, possibly good, possibly bad.

There are also some god powers, zin cues all your mutations once, and jivya will cure your bad mutations, for a chunk of piety.
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

Halls Hopper

Post Thursday, 21st January 2016, 22:16

Zin,Jiyva, alch hat, silver layatang, cmut pots, rmut mut

If you dont have any of those you have do deal live with your current deformities and take extreme caution when dealing with mutators. At least you are at the end game and can kill OOFs easy as i can see so that shouldnt bother you since theres only ascending left.
What about the forests?
Nope

Pandemonium Purger

Post Thursday, 21st January 2016, 22:59

carbonbasedlifeform wrote:Zin,Jiyva, alch hat, silver layatang, cmut pots, rmut mut

If you dont have any of those you have do deal live with your current deformities and take extreme caution when dealing with mutators. At least you are at the end game and can kill OOFs easy as i can see so that shouldnt bother you since theres only ascending left.

rMute does not remove mutations.

Cancelation can prevent you from being mutated by removing contamination, but does not remove mutations.
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/playe ... speon.html. I started playing in 0.16.1
I achieved greatplayer in less than a year.
Remove food

Crypt Cleanser

Post Thursday, 21st January 2016, 23:10

You can of course eat mutagenic chunks for a chance to reshuffle your stack.
"Damned, damned be the legions of the damned..."

Abyss Ambulator

Post Friday, 22nd January 2016, 00:28

The blue mutations are from your species (black draconian) and cannot be removed at all. The white mutations are good and the red are bad (although the definitions are sometime debatable).

I'd drink the last cure mutation. Frail is awful, berserkitis is bad, weak magic is bad for conjurers, deterioration is annoying, etc. The only positive mutations you have are blink and rF+, both of which you have other sources of. The bad news cure mutation will only remove a few (2-5?), not all.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Friday, 22nd January 2016, 00:29

Helix cards can work too. At high-power they have a chance to remove bad mutations.

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 22nd January 2016, 18:49

Thanks for the advise. I got 2 more potions and cleared most of them up. On 3 rune games I have to think that Orb's of Fire are the hardest enemy. I realized at zot2 I had no way to kill them, enter Torndado and ice bolt.

Pandemonium Purger

Post Friday, 22nd January 2016, 19:11

I'm not sure about this but throw icicle might do more damage to OOF's because it is 60% irresistible.
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/playe ... speon.html. I started playing in 0.16.1
I achieved greatplayer in less than a year.
Remove food

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 24th January 2016, 00:27

WingedEspeon wrote:I'm not sure about this but throw icicle might do more damage to OOF's because it is 60% irresistible.
ice bolt is actually the previous name for throw icicle

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too