[YAVP] MiBe^TSO 10 runes

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

anp

Temple Termagant

Post Wednesday, 30th December 2015, 10:00

[YAVP] MiBe^TSO 10 runes

Hello!
That's my second win, with Be background again (first was GrBe with 3 runes).

I found Trove on D:11, before even going to the Lair, it asked for all the piety (**** Trog at the moment), so it was a good deal. Inside there were like 12 or 15 jewellery pieces, some of which I used through all the game.

I didn't have rCorr+rMut setup so decided to try Slime Pits without rCorr. Wrong decision! There were series of close calls, as the Jelly Boss got out of his crossroad place.

Converting to TSO was amazing! I got ****** piety just for clearing 2.5 floors of the Crypt.
Made a Scourge of Holy Wrath out of my +9 demon whip of vamp. Trog wrath twice was dangerous, used blinking scrolls.

For Hell, somehow it turned that the most dangerous zone was Tartarus. Maybe that's because I was there just once beforehand (like the other Hell zones, though). Torments and hellfires are thing. Cocytus was the easiest zone, Antheus was semi-hard.

After Hell, I made Tomb, for the first time. First it seemed dangerous, but later I got used with them mummies. Also, I thought that there'll be a boss mummy, there wasn't one.

After Tomb I decided to go for the Orb as I still didn't have rCorr+rMut, and never been to Pandemonium yet!

I enjoyed the game, I adore the way the dungeon themes change, going from relatively peaceful Lair to brutal Hell.
For the questions:
1) Is there a way to show stuff that lies on the floor? I mean, to export all my Temple items to text file.
2) What resists does one need to go to Pandemonium?
3) Is there any way to deal with Torment? Even with rN+++ it hurts alot.
4) How do I know that wrath of Trog upon taking TSO has ended?

Forum doesn't allow to paste the full morgue as it extends 60k symbols, so here's the link:
http://pastebin.com/bwvNjgJp
After us, the deluge!

(0.17.1) GrBe^Trog[3] MiBe^TSO[10]

Lair Larrikin

Post Wednesday, 30th December 2015, 13:03

Re: [YAVP] MiBe^TSO 10 runes

4) Pray at Trog's altar. If the messsage is something like "he's ambivalent towards you", then you're kosher.

For this message the author Tranquil Suit has received thanks:
anp

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 30th December 2015, 13:31

1) Ctrl-f 'temple' might work in-game. In your morgue folder there should be a file with your character's name and ending with '.lst' where all items on the ground and shops are listed. Open that with a text editor.
2) It depends. The basic pattern is Cerebov: rF; Lom Lobon: rC, rElec; Gloorx: rPois, rN, Mnoleg: rMut. How much you need depends on your character. Generally it's good enough if you can swap on some needed resistances, but of course, in Pandemonium you can always land right next to the Pan Lord when changing levels.
3) Just kill the tormenter quickly. Otherwise worship Kiku or play one of the undead species.
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

For this message the author Sprucery has received thanks:
anp

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 30th December 2015, 17:07

anp wrote:2) What resists does one need to go to Pandemonium?

I know you're playing 0.17 but be aware that the rMut amulet is gone in trunk, which may affect your future playthroughs. I believe rMut as a property is now only available on unrands like Hat of the Alchemist.

Also, rCorr is helpful but not really necessary for Pan as long as you're careful about how you approach corroding enemies.

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too