What Weapon should I use?

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Saturday, 26th December 2015, 14:09

What Weapon should I use?

Hello my name is Martin and I need help to decide wich weapon I should use.
Cause I found two artefacts and I dont know if I should use them or stick with UC.
Menko.txt
(8.98 KiB) Downloaded 43 times

TY for the answers (Sry for bad English, Im German)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 26th December 2015, 15:40

Re: What Weapon should I use?

The morningstar's not bad, but I wouldn't give up the 12 points you've invested in unarmed, particularly since you have very little in the way of other skill points.

I'd stick with UC
Spoiler: show
This high quality signature has been hidden for your protection. To unlock it's secret, send 3 easy payments of $9.99 to me, by way of your nearest theta band or ley line. Complete your transmission by midnight tonight for a special free gift!

For this message the author Siegurt has received thanks: 2
TheAraber, WingedEspeon

Pandemonium Purger

Post Saturday, 26th December 2015, 16:34

Those are both great early game weapons if you happen to find them on a character the is already training that weapon class, but they are not end game material (you could take the morning star though the entire game but...) so probably not worth switching. Oka also gives a nice boost to UC.
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/playe ... speon.html. I started playing in 0.16.1
I achieved greatplayer in less than a year.
Remove food

Vestibule Violator

Post Sunday, 27th December 2015, 00:06

As a single data point (so be careful of reading too much into this), your character averages 9.6 damage AvEffDam against hill giants.

With an unbranded +9 morningstar, you would do that much damage at 7.6 M&F skill.
With an unbranded +8 long sword, you would do that much damage at 9.1 long blades skill

The weapons would compare more favorably against enemies that have AC. Or if you take into account their brands.

My instincts are that switching would be better than UC in the medium term. I don't have the experience with UC to speak about the long term.

(Over the very short term switching is no help because the training doesn't make your character better until you get enough of it. You're probably better off training defensive skills now, whether or not you decide to switch)

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Sunday, 27th December 2015, 00:33

Since nobody else has brought this up: In the future, please copy the text from your character dump and post it between Code tags instead of attaching the text file. This way it is much more convenient to read. Thanks in advance.
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

For this message the author Sprucery has received thanks:
archaeo

Pandemonium Purger

Post Sunday, 27th December 2015, 04:54

Hurkyl wrote:As a single data point (so be careful of reading too much into this), your character averages 9.6 damage AvEffDam against hill giants.

With an unbranded +9 morningstar, you would do that much damage at 7.6 M&F skill.
With an unbranded +8 long sword, you would do that much damage at 9.1 long blades skill

The weapons would compare more favorably against enemies that have AC. Or if you take into account their brands.

My instincts are that switching would be better than UC in the medium term. I don't have the experience with UC to speak about the long term.

(Over the very short term switching is no help because the training doesn't make your character better until you get enough of it. You're probably better off training defensive skills now, whether or not you decide to switch)

The probalem with this is that he has Oka and UC damage shoots though the roof when you use heroism. I'm the long term UC is better because 22 UC+heroism wrecks things hard. Also if he gets blade hands weapons will never deal more damage.
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/playe ... speon.html. I started playing in 0.16.1
I achieved greatplayer in less than a year.
Remove food

Zot Zealot

Post Sunday, 27th December 2015, 11:45

TheAraber wrote:(Sry for bad English, Im German)

Das macht nichts, es gibt viele hier im Forum, die Englisch nicht als Muttersprache haben -

as you can see in the subforum The Wanderer's Courtyard. I really think you will be able to discuss your games in English without too many problems.

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 28th December 2015, 14:43

Elec dagger ftw

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too