God realms

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Saturday, 14th November 2015, 21:49

God realms

I just have been dreaming about it on one forum, but then some player told me that I better post my dreams in Tavern.

Why not add god realms, where avatars of mighty gods resides?
Pandemonium. Portals (maybe timed) which leads in god realms.
As you step in them, message applies «This is a <god name> realm. Do you wish to continue? Y/N».
Player can say «No» and he will be gone back to Pan. But if he 'll say «Yes» some interesting things will happen.
First, if player is this god prayer, then he receives this god's message like «Come to my chamber and I will reward you, my <player god-title>» or something. Reward depends on piety.
Next, that way, player get surrounded but that god friendly monsters (Okawaru spawns titans and stone giants, Trog — berserked bears and cyclops) and must go to that god chamber.
When player comes to it, there is piety dependent chance that this god will give player an a test: like Sif Muna spamming book with apportation and commanding player to learn it and get that item on the other side of the river, or Trog spamming some wizards in player's LOS, which he needs to slay, etc.
When player complects a test, then a god will give him a reward, containing some ultra-randart item or permanent mutation or stat raise.
Then player must depart that god realm forever.
But if a player is an other god player or ateist, then he must accept the wrath of this god, which includes hostile creatures and this god's avatar. Avatar is a mighty manifestation of god's mighty mightiness and have a devastate amount of hp and can easily spunk to death even the LomCerebovGloorx.
For example, Okawaru will be six-handed muscular torso in gladiator's helm wielding randart mace, axe, sword, polearm, stave and just a hand. 72 strength and finesse. Lugonu will be like a starcursed mass with tentacles, constantly spawning singularites near you. Makhleb will be a four-tiles body with all existed auxilary attacks mutations and etc.
Evil gods will attack everyone, but their prayers. Chaotic can vary. Neutrals — usually no, but if you undead or have high skill in Necromancy, then Fedhas Madjhas (sheee, wat is his name I almost forget) will attack you. For example. Also neutral gods can assume you a deal — like Ru giving you powerful tier 3 good mutation in exchange for a bad mutation or something like Trog giving you 10 strength in exchange of your 10 intelligence.
Player can abandone his old god and pray to this realm's god for make him non-hostile.
Also if player somehow manages to defeat this god's avatar, then he acquries this god's powers. For example, if player manage to defeat Vehumet, he can spam Shatter without mana consumption in max spellpower. (pretty game-debalancing concept, but this is a god of destructive magic).

Thwo years I am whaiting game like thtis.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Saturday, 14th November 2015, 21:53

Re: God realms

Oh sorry, I wanted to post it in a Crazy Yiuf sections, but fail.

Eringya's Employee

Post Saturday, 14th November 2015, 21:54

Heh. No worries, a mod will move this. :)
MuCK;
  Code:
612 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Xom revived you
614 | D:1      | Slain by a gnoll

For this message the author TehDruid has received thanks:
condensa

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Saturday, 14th November 2015, 22:01

TehDruid wrote:Heh. No worries, a mod will move this. :)

Good.

Ah, about Okawaru. He needs to be 12-handed, not 6-handed and wield an axe, a bow, a crossbow, long blade, mace, polearm, short blade, sling, stave, unarmed combat hand, javelin and a shield.

For this message the author condensa has received thanks:
TehDruid

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too