CIP - Demonspawn Wizard

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Lair Larrikin

Post Wednesday, 11th May 2011, 15:44

CIP - Demonspawn Wizard

Hi, i don't know if its the right place to post but...
I'm playing with a Demonspawn Wizard and atm he's XL 18 with Vehumet (6 piety stars). Version 0.8.
Vehumet gave me these books: book of power, book of callings, book of summonings and grand grimoire.
I just wanna know why Vehumet did not gave me Annihilations yet, and how long it takes... Because i'll need it soon...
And I'm just training Conjurations, Fire and Earth Magic (no necromancy or summoning skills).

Shoals Surfer

Post Wednesday, 11th May 2011, 16:26

Re: CIP - Demonspawn Wizard

You're 2 books away from Annihilations, don't stop the bloodshed (or your piety will fall :P). On the other hand, you're still only level 18, are you sure you really need it soon? There's plenty of stuff a level 18 wizard can do even without fire storm or whatever your're after.
It's weird that he gave you the summoning books if you have no summoning skill though (it's also slightly weird that as a wizard you don't have summoning skill, at the very least you should be interested in abjuration), I tought Vehumet gifted books according to skills. He certainly always gave me the conjuration books first on every wizard I've played (and I've played a lot of them :roll: )

Abyss Ambulator

Post Wednesday, 11th May 2011, 16:31

Are you sure he didn't give you Annihilations but you missed it because you were in the middle of a fight and it ended up on the same square as a lot of other stuff, or something?

It also seems odd that he did not give you a book of Conjurations before the Book of Power as well.

For this message the author Jeremiah has received thanks:
asdu

Lair Larrikin

Post Wednesday, 11th May 2011, 16:44

I'm pretty sure I didn't missed the book, I also used the CTRL + F to try to find but nothing...

eding:
Got the Snake pits and Shoals rune just right now (im playing on CAO).
I cleared all floors of snake pits with bolt of magma and orb of destruction.
Shoals is a little bit dangerous, but with "completely attuned to shadows" mutation and 9 stealth skill I just went straighly to Shoals:5, stabbed a few javelineers and casted a lot of poisonous cloud inside the rune vault when i found it, then took it and leave.

edit2:

Got the Vaults rune...
COME ON. I NEED ANNIHILATIONS!
i wanna cast lehubid and fire storm xD

edit3:

Going to clear Elven:5 and see if there's a book of annihilations there... :/

edit4:

I have been banished to Abyss... found abyssal rune and necronomicon but no Annihilations.
Cleared Elven Halls:5 and still not found the book.

Lair Larrikin

Post Wednesday, 11th May 2011, 21:03

I'll use this topic to report this bug:
- I did not receveid the Book of Annihilations from Vehumet... I described what happened in the first post.

Mines Malingerer

Post Wednesday, 11th May 2011, 22:09

Is it possible you received the book while in a portal, missed the message, and then left the portal? If so, it'll be gone and wouldn't show up in the CTRL-F find list (I think). Vehumet gifts all three conjuring books before the summoning books if your Conjuring skill is higher than Summoning.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Wednesday, 11th May 2011, 23:44

I'm reading your morgue now, and you appear to have received gifts from Vehumet on Lair 3, Lair 6, Orc 1, Orc 4, and Elf 2. I would hazard a guess you only got five because you found a Book of Conjurations on the floor before maxing out your piety, and that second one on Lair 6 was the Book of Annihilations. You probably were fighting something big that occupied your attention, and you walked on without even noticing. The Slime Pits entrance was on the same level, so if you couldn't find 'book' with Ctrl+F perhaps one of the Slime inhabitants later spawned and ate your Book of Annihilations.

hxy

Slime Squisher

Post Thursday, 12th May 2011, 00:48

maybe if you did not pick it up and read it, the description will still be "a glowing book" or something like that rather than "book of Annihilations"... try searching for "god gift"?

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too