YAVP - Draconian Transmuter

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 31st December 2010, 15:52

YAVP - Draconian Transmuter

Code:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.8.0-a0-3935-gbfaf4c7 character file.

1311481 Demos the Black Belt (level 27, 223/223 (224) HPs)
             Began as a Red Draconian Transmuter on Dec 20, 2010.
             Was the Champion of Nemelex Xobeh.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 3 runes (of 3 types) on Dec 31, 2010!

The game lasted 16:32:10 (131906 turns).

The rest of the morgue file.

This was a disappointing game. I wanted to play around with Dragon Form, but I never found a book with it. I got bored and started wasting time resting and aimlessly wandering the dungeon. Oh well.

Dungeon Master

Post Friday, 31st December 2010, 16:53

Re: YAVP - Draconian Transmuter

Bad luck, the new Dragon Form is super fun. I like to go DrTm of Sif then abandon after I get it gifted (by being a boring cheater and waiting out the penance by spamming level 1 spells in Hive) - I actually had it castable by Lair:8 recently as a Purple Drac with some wizardry (and Sif miscast protection), then kept it up with Extension and ran around oneshotting all of the Vaults. I recommend giving it a shot again at some point!

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Monday, 3rd January 2011, 03:24

What'd they change about Dragon Form in trunk?

Dungeon Master

Post Monday, 3rd January 2011, 03:56

For draconians, it's Level 8 Tmut (instead of Tmut/Fire). It transforms them into a dragon of their own colour, doubles their breath weapon power, and has them keep their scale AC (which was also boosted in trunk). The main thing is it being single-school and thus actually possible to cast at a reasonable point in the game.

Also I think red dracs get rF++ rC-, white dracs get rC++ rF-, and every other colour just keeps its existing resistance.

Lair Larrikin

Post Monday, 3rd January 2011, 04:49

Wow, that makes me want to play a Draconian for about the second time ever! :)

Lair Larrikin

Post Monday, 3rd January 2011, 08:37

I'm gonna be a moron and beg for help in this thread :) I did start a good few DrTm, they're great fun but I keep running into a problem - which skills do I keep, and which do I turn off. For example - do I keep both fighting and unarmed, transmutations and spellcasting, do I keep dodge on... I inevitably get tangled into one skill and neglect some others which end up more important. My best DrTm focused on transmutations themselves hoping to get Dragon Form castable and, well, let's just say it didn't work out.

Lucy_ferre, if you could post a quick guide on how you progressed with skills from the start, you'd have my eternal love and affection, not to mention gratitude :) If it's not too bothersome, of course!

Shoals Surfer

Post Monday, 3rd January 2011, 19:28

MarvintheParanoidAndroid wrote:Bad luck, the new Dragon Form is super fun. I like to go DrTm of Sif then abandon after I get it gifted (by being a boring cheater and waiting out the penance by spamming level 1 spells in Hive) - I actually had it castable by Lair:8 recently as a Purple Drac with some wizardry (and Sif miscast protection), then kept it up with Extension and ran around oneshotting all of the Vaults. I recommend giving it a shot again at some point!

I managed to use dragon form a few times in Sprint. It was fun, especially killing Antaeus and Gloorx in 2 hits with Quad Damage. :D Unfortunately, the game kept crashing every time I entered Cocytus to retrieve the rune.

Gravenous wrote:Lucy_ferre, if you could post a quick guide on how you progressed with skills from the start, you'd have my eternal love and affection, not to mention gratitude :) If it's not too bothersome, of course!

No problem! I played my DrTm like I play most of my transmuters. Here's a guide:

http://crawl.chaosforge.org/index.php?t ... uter_guide

If you're interested in Nemelex:

http://crawl.chaosforge.org/index.php?t ... elex_guide

For this message the author lucy_ferre has received thanks:
Gravenous

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too