Enslave + Inner Flame is seriously way too much fun!

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Vestibule Violator

Post Thursday, 5th February 2015, 23:45

Enslave + Inner Flame is seriously way too much fun!

I'm having a lot of fun with a Spriggan Wizard of Vehumet right now, I got some lucky spellbook drops / spell gifts and I just felt like rambling about how much fun I'm having with it and some other combinations.

First, Inner flame is just fun, but dangerous. Being a spriggan plus having Blink help to create the needed distance.
Enslave is super awesome because it turns your inner flamed enemy into a lethal kamikaze machine - and you can actually tell the monster itself to run away from you toward the other monsters, which also solves the distance issue.

In addition:
Air Strike is awesome for detonating an Inner Flamed enemy because it has smite targeting, so you can actually set them off in the middle of a mob when you don't actually have a clear line of fire
In turn, Summon butterflies becomes more useful with both Inner Flame and Air Strike, because you can create your butterfly shield and still have offensive capability.
Conjure Flame and Mephitic Cloud add further to the "battlefield control" toolkit.

In short, I'm just having a lot of fun with this because rather than just being a straight up blaster where every problem is solved with whatever blasting spell is appropriate, each encounter becomes a somewhat unique tactical puzzle that can be solved by using the above-mentioned spells in different combinations.

The only thing that was disappointing is that you can't inner flame your own summons. But I can see that that might just have been too much fun.

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 6th February 2015, 03:44

Re: Enslave + Inner Flame is seriously way too much fun!

Wait, so you can enslave an innerflamed monster?

...That is fascinating.

For more efficient suicide bombing, I believe bigger monsters have bigger explosions and higher damage.
114491 | Pan | Entered the realm of Gloorx Vloq.
114491 | Pan | Noticed Gloorx Vloq
114492 | Pan | Killed Gloorx Vloq

true lords of shadow NEVER sleep

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 6th February 2015, 14:38

How have neither of you known about this? It's been around for quite a while. Most fun way to clear Orc.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Friday, 6th February 2015, 14:57

XuaXua wrote:How have neither of you known about this? It's been around for quite a while. Most fun way to clear Orc.

There's that one Orc ending which is a bunch of ogres and ogre mages all in a box. I used ?immolation + enslavement to clear it with great satisfaction.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 6th February 2015, 17:45

1010011010 wrote:
XuaXua wrote:How have neither of you known about this? It's been around for quite a while. Most fun way to clear Orc.

There's that one Orc ending which is a bunch of ogres and ogre mages all in a box. I used ?immolation + enslavement to clear it with great satisfaction.

Favorite way to clear Vaults:5 greeting squad and Slime:6 TRJ.
"Be aware that a lot of people on this forum, such as mageykun and XuaXua, have a habit of making things up." - minmay a.k.a. duvessa
Did I make a lame complaint? Check for Bingo!
Totally gracious CSDC Season 2 Division 4 Champeen!

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too