first scroll of aquire on a 10 rune char, ask for?

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Swamp Slogger

Post Friday, 23rd January 2015, 06:37

first scroll of aquire on a 10 rune char, ask for?

http://crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/Gakhan/Gakhan.txt -- what would be more likely to give me resist corr, armor or jewelry? just finished Pans four runes and going for abyss. where i found the scroll, first one of the game, found my first potion of beneficial mutation at the end of Pan, quaffed it to ID thinking it was a pot of exp and then cure mutationed the cold res benefit right off lol.. any advice? ive yet to win a game so i am trying to make smart decisions, would like this to be a 15 rune game

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 23rd January 2015, 08:36

Re: first scroll of aquire on a 10 rune char, ask for?

If you haven't found an amulet of resist corrosion yet, but have found most other pieces of jewellery, you might get it with a reasonable chance. Jewellery acquirement is generally disappointing, though. You are very unlikely to get rCorr from armour acquirement.

You don't seem to have a wand of hasting, so wands are a good option, too (13 potions of hasting is a lot, but a wand would still be nice).

That potion was probably cure mutation and not beneficial mutation, if it removed one of your mutations.
DCSS: 97:...MfCj}SpNeBaEEGrFE{HaAKTrCK}DsFESpHu{FoArNaBe}
FeEE{HOIEMiAE}GrGlHuWrGnWrNaAKBaFi{MiDeMfDe}{DrAKTrAMGhEnGnWz}
{PaBeDjFi}OgAKPaCAGnCjOgCKMfAEAtCKSpCjDEEE{HOSu
Bloat: 17: RaRoPrPh{GuStGnCa}{ArEtZoNb}KiPaAnDrBXDBQOApDaMeAGBiOCNKAsFnFlUs{RoBoNeWi

Swamp Slogger

Post Friday, 23rd January 2015, 16:59

yeah i asked for jewelry and got a crappy ring of regen lol..oh well, but no i quaffed the benf mut first then had to quaff a cure mut because i had 3-4 bad mutations i didnt realize i had, from my trip in Hell i think

Blades Runner

Post Friday, 23rd January 2015, 21:29

Gakhan wrote:yeah i asked for jewelry and got a crappy ring of regen lol

Lol
114491 | Pan | Entered the realm of Gloorx Vloq.
114491 | Pan | Noticed Gloorx Vloq
114492 | Pan | Killed Gloorx Vloq

true lords of shadow NEVER sleep

For this message the author Lyrick has received thanks:
duvessa

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too