YAVP DsWz of Kiku at last I got them all!

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Spider Stomper

Post Thursday, 30th October 2014, 13:41

YAVP DsWz of Kiku at last I got them all!

I played this game on my HTC One X with the Unofficial android port by Barbs, version 0.14

I am not sure where the Char dumps are on the phone, tough I have tried searching many times, so I can not post a full dump. Sorry...

This was my first 15 rune run and first Ds win.

A few notes:
Kiku is very powerfull! She saved my ass when Louise banished me pre maturely. Her corpse quality is really high in abyss, so you can kill very powerfull monsters quite early while in there, things like bone dragons and liches. This gave me quite a boost in xp and Louise was in for a surprise when I got out. :P Kiku also solves all food issues and Torment protection really helped in extended.

Lajatang is a fun weapon, lajatang of pain is wicked. :) I changed in to lajatang of speed for extended.

Simulacrum might be a bit cumbersome to use, but it really is worth it. They outperform zombies by far and I barely noticed their duration since I had almost infinite supply of them and they usually finished their job before timing out. How ever, even an army of 20 dragon simulacra can not take out 2 Orbs of Fire simultaneously. They got close, but I had to finish both off my self.

I ninjaed 7 out of 9 Pan and Hell runes. :P I only killed Mnoleg and Gloorx, demonic rune I got from Holy floor, which frightened me quite a bit as a DS. Luckily you can cTele in there so TP in, apport rune, TP out worked out fine.

I had the easiest time in Tomb out of all the characters I had taken there. Even the Blessed bow wielding Centaur had more trouble there. Dispel undead and curse protection is a good combo. (Also one immolation scroll on 3rd floor. :P)

I severely underestimated Zot 5 (again) since I had survived the hells. It must be a breeze after that, right? Noope, atleast 7 OOF's and several Ancient Liches almost had me 3 times! Also when I snatched the orb, I almost immediately got 2 pan lords on my tail. I ran to the stairs with only 1/3rd of hp left. Cerebow also had a second round with me during the run. I did not want to stop and chat with him this time either...

You learn to love regeneration only after you have tried Hell without it.

Curiously I did not max out any skills. Usually I hit 27 on some skills when clearing zot and might not even notice it until the message comes. I tried to get Tornado online, so I could have cleared a Zig as well, but after Hells, I did not want to go explore Pan for extra xp, so I just cleared Zot5 and ascended.

I am happy to add the dump, if some one knows where to get that from a phone. The app says the folder where the dump is stored, but I can not see the folder when I connect my phone to a computer with usb...

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 30th October 2014, 14:01

Re: YAVP DsWz of Kiku at last I got them all!

Congrats!

Maxing a skill on a hybrid is a mistake (probably unless it is Fighting) so you should not feel bad about lacking it :)
I think you can start another game and press #, it should tell you where the dump is saved. Morgue file for escaped characters must be in the same directory.

Blades Runner

Post Thursday, 30th October 2014, 18:35

The folder might be hidden. Or the phone might be lying. File storage on phones is baffling.
114491 | Pan | Entered the realm of Gloorx Vloq.
114491 | Pan | Noticed Gloorx Vloq
114492 | Pan | Killed Gloorx Vloq

true lords of shadow NEVER sleep

Spider Stomper

Post Thursday, 30th October 2014, 20:16

The file is probably hidden.. The game tells that the files are in data/data/dcss.... I can find datafolder on sdcard from android/data that contains similar application folders, but not dcss. On the phone memory, there is a folder called data which is empty. I'm assuming the content of that folder is hidden and there I wolud find my dumps... I am using astro file manager app. Oh well, perhaps I have to do this again online, so I can get better bragging rights. :D

Snake Sneak

Post Saturday, 8th November 2014, 22:39

There's probably a setting on your phone to show hidden files.
Find that, and you'll find your dump.

Mines Malingerer

Post Sunday, 9th November 2014, 00:17

If you use your phone's "menu"key, got into Preferences and then Character Files... you will find the morgue file of your char.

This port is one of the best things ever. Got my first ever ascension on my phone.

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too