YASD: OpFe

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Friday, 19th September 2014, 14:10

YASD: OpFe

Oh man. I dont have the morgue file atm, but oh man. I could cry.

I had a ring of evasion +5, ring of protection +2, 2 rings of +rN, 2 rings of wizardry, a ring of fire, a ring of +rC, and an artifact ring of +4 int, +blink, most of this found within the first 6 levels. I also found Vehumut early, and amassed piety so quickly (burning shit to the f-ing ground) that he quickly started spamming me with spell gifts, one of which was bolt of fire. Man. Oh and I had an amulet of gourmand so hunger wasnt an issue really. And a wand of haste. And I got the yellow scales mut. So this character was solidly rocking.

And if that wasn't enough, I found an artifact +10 spear of vamp, ++rF. So things were dying left and right. (side note, the game refused to let me tab an enemy from across a conjured flame with my spear, because I was at low health and 'it was too reckless'. how do you force the distance attack? that was lame I was out of mana too and almost died there.)

Anyhow, I went into orc a bit early because you know, fiery inferno of death, and everything was peachy. Got into orc4, and some orc warrior hits me with a tomahawk of dispersal. That teleported me into the middle of the worst pack (I had already cleared most of the level), I read a scroll of tele, hasted myself, and started to try to break LoS with the priests, but got smited to death before the scroll kicked in.

It's rare times like these that I wish I could ressurrect a fallen hero. :cry:

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Friday, 19th September 2014, 14:32

Re: YASD: OpFe

No scroll of fear?

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 19th September 2014, 15:45

daggaz wrote:And if that wasn't enough, I found an artifact +10 spear of vamp, ++rF. So things were dying left and right. (side note, the game refused to let me tab an enemy from across a conjured flame with my spear, because I was at low health and 'it was too reckless'. how do you force the distance attack? that was lame I was out of mana too and almost died there.)

You need to be more careful. Anyway, the way to reach with a polearm is to evoke it with 'V'. It's a cumbersome interface, but that's how you do it. Good luck on your next Octopode. Give Chei a try. :D
Current foes list: duvessa, TheDefiniteArticle

Shoals Surfer

Post Friday, 19th September 2014, 19:12

skjarl wrote:
daggaz wrote:And if that wasn't enough, I found an artifact +10 spear of vamp, ++rF. So things were dying left and right. (side note, the game refused to let me tab an enemy from across a conjured flame with my spear, because I was at low health and 'it was too reckless'. how do you force the distance attack? that was lame I was out of mana too and almost died there.)

You need to be more careful. Anyway, the way to reach with a polearm is to evoke it with 'V'. It's a cumbersome interface, but that's how you do it. Good luck on your next Octopode. Give Chei a try. :D

Actually, if you are wielding it you only need to use 'v', not 'V'.
Official Online Wins and Streaks
Experimental Wins: 1xImHu (Imps) 1xTrBe (chunkless)
Offline Wins: 2xTrCK 1xFeBe 1xHuWn 1xKoAr 1xMiFi

For this message the author nilsbloodaxe has received thanks:
skjarl

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too