Entering the final stretch....

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Snake Sneak

Post Saturday, 9th August 2014, 19:54

Entering the final stretch....

So I just won a SpBe (pretty easy, only took me two attempts) which means I am entering into the final stretch of wins to get the "Great Player" and "Great Player" achievements.

My remaining species are: Felid, Ghoul, Hill Orc, Human, Mummy, Octopode, Troll
My remaining roles are: Chaos Knight, Fire Elementalist, Gladiator, Healer, Transmuter, Venom Mage, Wanderer, Wizard

Anyone have any particularly fun stories about finishing up great/greater player or combos that proved to be particularly troublesome for them?

(Currently I am planning on doing FeTm, MuFE, OctWz, GhGl, HuCK, HoHe, TrWn, and a venom mage of some species I have already won but I expect I will change my mind at some point. Probably before/after I play next.)
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/players/doubtofbuddha

Wins (on-line): DsAr, HaFi, DDEE, MfSk, GrMo, NaAs, VpEn, CeWr, MiDK, KoAK, DrSu, TeAE, FoAr, OgHu, HECj (Streak!), DgAM, DEIE (Streak!), VSNe, SpBe
Wins (off-line): FoFi

Mines Malingerer

Post Saturday, 9th August 2014, 20:42

Re: Entering the final stretch....

FeTm is a particularly good combination, the beginning can be a bit tricky to get past and is very prone to situations that are nearly unavoidable. The recent improvement to statue form should make it even better. Felid win: http://crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/Eugen ... 224309.txt

Temple Termagant

Post Sunday, 10th August 2014, 15:47

Re: Entering the final stretch....

I'm also on that particular quest, so I don't have any fun stories about finishing it yet :D
Although I'll probably get godlyplayer before that. Good luck on your quest!
Currently playing as: Behavioral

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too