YAVP: FoCj^TSO

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 1st July 2014, 05:22

YAVP: FoCj^TSO

Alternate title: Goodplayer status is now meaningless.

http://dobrazupa.org/morgue/Spectrina/m ... 091914.txt

I went into this game wanting to do a pure caster of TSO without leading up to him with another god, which I pretty much accomplished. I only took up melee due to a manual of staves I found which I didn't want to go to waste, and it turned out to be pretty helpful with two great lajatangs. I also took advantage of Formicids' str/int only gains and aimed for casting in heavier armours, which was helped out a lot from the ring of Fifty Wishes I found early on (Str+6 Int+3), and wizardry sources, along with good armour progression from artefacts I found. Iron Shot was my main spell for quite a while after I managed to stop relying on IMB/magicdart/battlesphere, which later on my Spellforged Servitor was happy to use non-stop. Also, casting a level 9 spell in plate is pretty cool. First time I've used Dragon's Call since the change from Summon Dragon, and I gotta say it's an amazing spell. Definitely worth all the skills I invested into summoning. Also, potion of lignification? Actually good. I used it in most fights vs Pan/Hell lords with tormentors around, and it made the fights go very smooth.

The main things I probably owe this win to is the amount of awesome evocable items I found, especially the two(!) rods of lightning I had early on, and a staff of energy. I also owe my score (my own personal best!) to gammafunk who came into my game and yelled at me not to bother with looting holy pan when I already had everything I needed to win, and helped keep me on track. This win is way faster than any of my previous wins, including all of my 3 rune games, which actually caught me by surprise. I guess my recent playstyle of not bothering with resting and always trying to find a meaningful use for a turn helped out a lot.

Anyways, thanks to everyone who's ever given me advice, and thanks to the players on CSZO who would watch me and share my fun! This win is quite a cool thing for me, and I more than likely wouldn't have kept playing crawl for as long as I have if it wasn't for you guys.

For this message the author Spectrina has received thanks: 5
and into, archaeo, Arrhythmia, Cheibrodos, gammafunk

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Tuesday, 1st July 2014, 05:31

Re: YAVP: FoCj^TSO

"now"

For this message the author duvessa has received thanks:
Spectrina

Crypt Cleanser

Post Tuesday, 1st July 2014, 11:50

Re: YAVP: FoCj^TSO

Spectrina wrote:This win is way faster than any of my previous wins, including all of my 3 rune games, which actually caught me by surprise. I guess my recent playstyle of not bothering with resting and always trying to find a meaningful use for a turn helped out a lot.

Looks like the near-instant travel down was also helpful.
  Code:
Shaft Self        |       |     1 |     1 |       |     1 |    11 |     9 |     6 |    51 ||    80

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too