YASD Instant death while eating.

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Mines Malingerer

Post Tuesday, 5th April 2011, 11:33

YASD Instant death while eating.

I was severely injured as I used berserk to fight and the monster I fought was too strong even with berserk on, and had to use a teleport wand to escape the battle as soon as my berserk wore off, and managed to be teleported to an empty room I had already explored. My character, from berserking and fighting was very hungry so I couldn't rest. So, I head to the back end of the room, since it's a room with only one entrance. Ready to teleport again if there's any sign of trouble, I find it pleasantly empty. I click on a piece of food and instantly an angel is standing directly next to my character and the text log says it attacked me and killed me in one hit.

How bloody fast are those things? Entering, and crossing my entire line of sight, then attacking withing the time it takes to eat a piece of food seems extreme o.o

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 5th April 2011, 11:45

Re: YASD Instant death while eating.

what? an angel? unless it was mennas they don't show up in the main dungeon except behind translucent walls unless you've really annoyed TSO. Was it mennas?

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 5th April 2011, 13:24

Sounds like he pissed off one of the good gods (probably by switching from Shining One to Trog) and it was an angry god summon.

Slime Squisher

Post Tuesday, 5th April 2011, 13:53

The whole 'Trog isn't really evil' thing baffles me.
Human kind cannot bear very much reality.
TSE

Mines Malingerer

Post Tuesday, 5th April 2011, 13:55

I dunno, Trog is pretty textbook Chaotic Neutral.

For this message the author ieattime20 has received thanks:
mageykun

Halls Hopper

Post Tuesday, 5th April 2011, 16:53

trog's just about killing people in battle, which the good gods don't care about. and hating spellcasters I guess but that's just a little strange.

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 5th April 2011, 17:19

Never gotten killed by an angel by eating.

Hydras i didn't see around the corner though....

Mines Malingerer

Post Tuesday, 5th April 2011, 23:35

I started with Trogg; I opened a door in the dungeon, and it had an alter of TOS, and an angel in it, and the angel attacked me, after saying a line about being greedy for power or something, I can't remember the exact line. That was the same fight that I had to flee from with the teleport wand in the first place.

On an odd note; Firefox does not believe teleport to be a real word.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Wednesday, 6th April 2011, 12:48

galdon wrote:I started with Trogg; I opened a door in the dungeon, and it had an alter of TOS, and an angel in it, and the angel attacked me, after saying a line about being greedy for power or something, I can't remember the exact line. That was the same fight that I had to flee from with the teleport wand in the first place.

I got that altar vault in a recent game too. It's a specific vault, a deeper-dungeon version of the TSO altar vault where there's an angel trapped in glass.
You fall off the wall. You have a feeling of ineptitude.

Halls Hopper

Post Wednesday, 6th April 2011, 15:19

I just got the same vault. It was a daeva. How tough are Daevas anyway, aren't they zig27 enemies? I still don't know since I chickened out and summoned up a few friends via trog.

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too