YAFVP - MiBe

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Dungeon Dilettante

Post Sunday, 13th April 2014, 12:14

YAFVP - MiBe

It's your standard YAFVP! I've been playing Crawl in earnest for about 4 or 5 months now, got killed once with the orb in hand, and had countless other runs in which I grabbed 1-3 runes. Great rush right at the end. A demon tormented me nearly to death on D:1, and the exit chamber was full of nasties. I beserked twice and somehow survived. Other than that, since I play on a Mac and hate webtiles, it was my first extended run in v.14. Of course, comments or criticisms are welcome. Where does one go after ascending MiBe? I want to experience more the game has to offer: magic, gods, branches, etc.

Character dump is here: http://pastebin.com/nKpXFrfZ

Vestibule Violator

Post Sunday, 13th April 2014, 15:25

Re: YAFVP - MiBe

Congratulations! For other sort of extremes, there's SpEn and DEFE - just try out various things until you like something enough to want it to be your next win. Almost any character that can get 3 runes can get 15, so don't worry about choosing for extended.
Won all race/bg, unwon (online): Nem* Hep Uka
Favourites: 15-rune Trog, OgNe/OgIE/OgSu (usually Ash), Ds, Ru, SpEn, Ce of Chei, Qaz

Blades Runner

Post Monday, 14th April 2014, 03:01

ghirrindin wrote: got killed once with the orb in hand

i can relate. got super sad but it was my fault for having like...13 AC. surprised i got that far
114491 | Pan | Entered the realm of Gloorx Vloq.
114491 | Pan | Noticed Gloorx Vloq
114492 | Pan | Killed Gloorx Vloq

true lords of shadow NEVER sleep

Mines Malingerer

Post Monday, 14th April 2014, 07:52

Grats on the run!
DEFE or Conjurer or Wizard are the casting extremes. If you want to try a squishy little elf, who rains total destruction from across the screen, try it! Deep Elves have such good casting aptitudes, they can learn all spells! For more durability maybe go GrEE, if you cannot resist running into stuff. The god choices are usually Sif Muna or Vehumet, both rather mundane.
Of course you can just pick a god you like to try from the wiki and make a character that fits. Or roll a wanderer... ;-)

Lyrick wrote:i can relate. got super sad but it was my fault for having like...13 AC. surprised i got that far

Oh, my character looks like yours, but with 12 AC. I have 3 runes, but haven't entered Zot yet. Maybe I should wait!?

Blades Runner

Post Monday, 14th April 2014, 23:55

Berlioz wrote:Grats on the run!
DEFE or Conjurer or Wizard are the casting extremes. If you want to try a squishy little elf, who rains total destruction from across the screen, try it! Deep Elves have such good casting aptitudes, they can learn all spells! For more durability maybe go GrEE, if you cannot resist running into stuff. The god choices are usually Sif Muna or Vehumet, both rather mundane.
Of course you can just pick a god you like to try from the wiki and make a character that fits. Or roll a wanderer... ;-)

Lyrick wrote:i can relate. got super sad but it was my fault for having like...13 AC. surprised i got that far

Oh, my character looks like yours, but with 12 AC. I have 3 runes, but haven't entered Zot yet. Maybe I should wait!?

luckily, you being a deep elf conjurer, you will be dealing most of your damage from a distance. As a vampire enchanter, i gotta sneak and stab my way through Zot, and if I woke something up I wouldn't have iron shot at the ready.
114491 | Pan | Entered the realm of Gloorx Vloq.
114491 | Pan | Noticed Gloorx Vloq
114492 | Pan | Killed Gloorx Vloq

true lords of shadow NEVER sleep

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too