Are You Serious...

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Tomb Titivator

Post Thursday, 31st March 2011, 01:08

Are You Serious...

I started a new game with a DEWi.

I pressed o and was one shot by an exploding dart thrown by a kobold as soon as I came into its LOS. Then I started another game, pressed o and was one shot by a hobgoblin with a club the second I came into its LOS (this happened as I turned a corner). So basically I just lost two games in a row from pressing a single key.

For this message the author snow has received thanks:
erisdiscordia

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Thursday, 31st March 2011, 21:54

Re: Are You Serious...

Crawl is nothing if not efficient.

For this message the author Grimm has received thanks: 3
mageykun, ohmi, XuaXua

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 1st April 2011, 03:47

Press "O' " and dire a most quick and efficient death. It is a riddle. Not very subtle, but a riddle none the less.

Don't feel to bad, I had three games in a row were the single cause of death was "forgot how to breath" Right after each other. Ring of -5 int, smoke statue, and generally retarded trolls.

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 1st April 2011, 04:50

Ohkobs can shoot through plants or bushes..... lost at least 2 characters to this.

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 2nd April 2011, 07:54

Speaking of oneshots, I just now walked up a staircase to take a peek. I knew Erolcha was on the level but thought she was further away. The second I appeared she oneshotted me right into the Abyss where I got pinned against some lava by a dire elephant skeleton and pounded into cornmeal. Classic times.

Halls Hopper

Post Saturday, 2nd April 2011, 08:06

Grimm wrote:Speaking of oneshots, I just now walked up a staircase to take a peek. I knew Erolcha was on the level but thought she was further away. The second I appeared she oneshotted me right into the Abyss where I got pinned against some lava by a dire elephant skeleton and pounded into cornmeal. Classic times.

Goddamnit, I hate it when that happens. Louise does this too, one time she did it to me thrice in a row..

Ziggurat Zagger

Post Saturday, 2nd April 2011, 08:10

She's flirting with you.

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too