Please help me save Crabotello!

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 7th February 2014, 05:13

Please help me save Crabotello!

Hey all,

Crabotello is in a tough spot. I foolishly placed a holy sword on the ground thinking that no enemy would find it in the room I left it, ... but I was wrong, to think Crabotello will die to a bunch of stinky orcs at this stage of the game... :( . I tried to blink away but just shot myself in to the middle of an even larger group of enemies. I have attached my morgue file!
I don't know what to do. Please help
Attachments
Crabotello.txt
(9.9 KiB) Downloaded 24 times

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 7th February 2014, 05:42

Re: Please help me save Crabotello!

It looks like your scroll of teleport is about to kick in. Hopefully it will take you somewhere safe. To avoid dying before it kicks in, I would first read your scroll of fog to block LOS and then quaff a few potions of curing.

For this message the author monty has received thanks:
HotCrab

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 7th February 2014, 05:45

monty wrote:It looks like your scroll of teleport is about to kick in. Hopefully it will take you somewhere safe. To avoid dying before it kicks in, I would first read your scroll of fog to block LOS and then quaff a few potions of curing.

Would it be wise to turn in to a bat to increase my evasion before then?

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 7th February 2014, 05:57

Step 1: copy/paste your morgue into
  Code:
code tags
so more people will read it

Step 2: take monty's advice, read your ?fog

Step 3: consider quaffing one of those 3 red potions in hopes it's Heal Wounds, or burn through your !curing

Step 4: hope your impending teleport doesn't land you in even more hot water

Step 5: seriously reconsider the wisdom of leaving Holy Wrath weapons lying around with an undead character

Step 6: seriously reconsider the wisdom of wandering the dungeon at anything above Near Bloodless
Wins (Does not include my GrEE^Veh 15-runer...stupid experimental branch)

For this message the author tedric has received thanks:
HotCrab

Tomb Titivator

Post Friday, 7th February 2014, 06:01

HotCrab wrote:
monty wrote:It looks like your scroll of teleport is about to kick in. Hopefully it will take you somewhere safe. To avoid dying before it kicks in, I would first read your scroll of fog to block LOS and then quaff a few potions of curing.

I probably wouldn't. The ?fog will kick in immediately and should block LOS for all those enemies, and the ?tele should kick in before they get close enough. You may not want to be in Bat Form where you land, in case you need to cast spells or something. Also, I don't know for sure if you'd be Burdened in Bat Form.

For this message the author tedric has received thanks:
HotCrab

Halls Hopper

Post Friday, 7th February 2014, 06:02

HotCrab wrote:

Fog is the first priority. Turning into a bat would probably be good after that, but personally I would quaff a couple potions first. If you teleport into a bad spot with 13 HP, you're toast, bat or not.

For this message the author monty has received thanks:
HotCrab

Crypt Cleanser

Post Friday, 7th February 2014, 06:14

Just quaff some of your 10 potions of curing. Note that fog is unreliable in open spaces in diagonal directions like in this case. So if you take the advice of reading fog it's very likely that you'll remain visible until you move further behind the fog, and at that point you'll probably teleport, meaning the fog scroll was a waste.

Also don't listen to this:
Step 6: seriously reconsider the wisdom of wandering the dungeon at anything above Near Bloodless

For this message the author Wahaha has received thanks:
HotCrab

Mines Malingerer

Post Friday, 7th February 2014, 06:25

YAY! You guys saved him. My heroes. Thanks every one. I am sure I will die soon any way but you have bought Crabatello a new lease on unlife. If any one has any tips about my god or skill builds or whatever else I would be immensely appreciative since I am still just a nooblet.

Tomb Titivator

Post Sunday, 9th February 2014, 05:46

Wahaha wrote:don't listen to this:

Genuinely curious: what's wrong with that advice?

I'm no Vp expert, but the ones I had any kind of success with relied heavily on the stealth boosts, resistances, and access to Bat Form that come from being low on blood. My VpEn games went something like: get Bloodless, sneak up on/incapacitate dudes and stab them when possible, turn into a bat and run away when not, drain corpses to regenerate health, return to Bloodless, repeat. Very rarely did I move about while above Near Bloodless. Granted, I was being a little bit pithy with HotCrab, but it seemed to me that this character would have benefited from some extra stealth to avoid being detected by so many orcs, and from the option to use Bat Form to dodge projectiles and run away more effectively from the ones that did notice.

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too