YASD: HuVm - greed kills folks

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 24th January 2014, 06:06

YASD: HuVm - greed kills folks

Had a pretty phenomenal game going, saw a D:11 vault with some random monsters of little note along with a yaktaur captain trapped behind rock walls and translucent walls, but there was treasure in there too. In particular, a shiny looking staff. Used wand of digging to open up a hole and ran away, leading the monsters away from the vault. Killed all the monsters except the Yaktaur captain, who didn't appear to follow me (was never planning on engaging it anyway). So I go back to the now empty vault, and the bloody staff is gone! Wander around looking for the yaktaur assuming he took it, he gets the jump on me and pegs me with his poison crossbow or whatever it was. My dash to the stairs ends with me full of bolts, bleeding out on the dungeon floor, and I'll never know whether or not the fucker took my staff or it just magically vanished or something.

Probably going to give Crawl a break for a bit lmao, it really brings me down when I lose a good character :p

Snake Sneak

Post Friday, 24th January 2014, 12:24

Re: YASD: HuVm - greed kills folks

Wise man says, "If you can't bear to lose it, prepare to lose it"

I find that nothing drowns the blues of losing a great guy than starting another :P

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too