HaBe - bizarrely easy

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Lair Larrikin

Post Thursday, 16th January 2014, 20:24

HaBe - bizarrely easy

http://pastebin.com/Bb8Xk2wL

My first 'completely clean' win (I've won before on a game for which I made saves but never loaded them) - I think Slime and Abyss at least would have been purely formalities, but I wanted to get it over with. Extremely easy compared to my other games, probably because of all that slaying+antimagic. I wasted 25 levels of XP on slings, which I never needed, but I could still tab ancient lichs and orbs of fire without worrying (assuming I'd gotten them away from the lungs, which were all awake thanks to a Guardian stepping on an alarm trap). I tabbed through Frederick without even noticing until I'd killed him, and I killed Boris with no keys other than tab and no meaningful HP loss. Funnily enough, the only things that ever really worried me in Depths were tengu reavers and titans, because EV doesn't help against freezing clouds or airstrike... Finding a good conservation amulet was a real bonus in terms of headaches saved, because I no longer had to worry so much about 'taurs or draconians. In summary, ev rocks, slaying rocks, and I'm not going back to LOBes for a long time yet.

Tomb Titivator

Post Saturday, 1st February 2014, 00:59

Re: HaBe - bizarrely easy

Lol slings... You have the right of it, that's a waste! :)

Anyway, grats!
If you are offended by something I've posted, just PM me. It probably wasn't intentional.

Spider Stomper

Post Saturday, 1st February 2014, 03:55

Re: HaBe - bizarrely easy

The only waste was not actually using the slings; his sling of velocity with silver ammo would have done almost 50% more damage per aut against chaotic orbs of fire.

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too