CIP HuFi of Zin (Where to?)

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 7th January 2014, 21:38

CIP HuFi of Zin (Where to?)

To start, I've been extremely lucky in my finds for this character. I found an early elec branded whip and have used it to make the early game a breeze. On D:9 I found the armor of the dragon king and have been using it with low str, but have tried to focus train armor to make it less hampering. My real question here is what do I do from here? I have never made it past the midgame because I think I rush into branches that I am not prepared for. Orc was pitifully easy with Zin's recite and although it has been less effective, it has helped tremendously in the Elven Halls. I'm not sure if I should try and conquer Elf:3 though, as I feel I might be under leveled. Can any veterans point me in the right direction? Aside from a few basic strategies, I have no idea what I'm doing. :?

http://crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/Corrust/Corrust.txt

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 7th January 2014, 22:30

Re: CIP HuFi of Zin (Where to?)

Update: I cleared the majority of Elf:3 before going into the main chamber. Upon seeing a high priest and two demonologists, I decided that maybe this wasn't a good idea. Within 2 turns, I was recieving hellfire from multiple sources and was down to 2 hp! I won't ever discount the "good" gods again, because Zin's sanctuary just saved my life. Now I am thinking that I'll head further down into the main dungeon and see what I can find.

Dungeon Master

Post Tuesday, 7th January 2014, 23:31

Dragon King is pretty amazing. One of the problems with GDA is that by the time you find it you probably used your enchant armour scrolls, but it doesn't have the problem.

I'd definitely recommend Spider now (after completing Dungeon). With rPois, a lot of the threats are greatly minimized. For skills, I'd suggest 16 M&F for mindelay on that eveningstar, then armour/invo/fighting, though you if you're on auto you're probably well off enough anyway. It's really amazing how adding more invo to Zin never gets bad: even after you reach 1 percent failrate for sanctuary and imprison, more invo just makes recite awesomer and awesomer.

Temple Termagant

Post Tuesday, 7th January 2014, 23:36

Thanks for the advice. I cleared the dungeon all the way to vaults. Now on the way to spider!

Temple Termagant

Post Wednesday, 8th January 2014, 00:55

Re: CIP HuFi of Zin (Now YASD)

YASD. I learned a hard lesson today. I was killed by a vault warden, but I could have used Zin's Sanctuary to get out of trouble. I realized this immediately after I died. The lesson being, patience is a virtue. I am devastated by losing my furthest progress ever in this game :(.

http://crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/Corru ... 004229.txt[1]

Vaults Vanquisher

Post Wednesday, 8th January 2014, 01:06

Re: CIP HuFi of Zin (Now YASD)

Corrust wrote:YASD. I learned a hard lesson today. I was killed by a vault warden, but I could have used Zin's Sanctuary to get out of trouble. I realized this immediately after I died. The lesson being, patience is a virtue. I am devastated by losing my furthest progress ever in this game :(.

http://crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/Corru ... 004229.txt[1]

Yeah, I hate when things like that happen. I lost a something of Yred in Zot a few weeks ago because I completely for some reason I completely forgot about Drain Life even though I'd been leaning on it all game.
kekekela is my in-game name

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too