YAVP: 24 3 runers! One of every species!

Yet Another Stupid Death - Find a particularly innovative way to get killed? Share your pain!
Yet Another Victory Post - Brag about your bad-ass character and all your runes and whatnot.
Characters in Progress - share promising or interesting characters that are not dead yet.

Swamp Slogger

Post Monday, 10th September 2012, 05:05

YAVP: 24 3 runers! One of every species!

I just completed a TeWz of Vehument, which marks my last species that has not completed a 3 runer.

I'll list all of the ascensions I did and some accomplishments in each. Though I can post the morgues or make a rar of them on request.

1. DeWz of Vehumet (Ryze)
First ascension obviously, no unrandarts, but a Mutation Resistance Mutations and MR mutation made me functionally immune to mutations. Firestormer build.

2. HODK of Yred (Balnazzar)
Fun ascension, started with axes, but swapped to the Octoking Trident in lair. Used enslave soul on Louise who blinked around and banished baddies. Died in the cold swamp:5 vault. Things just weren't the same when she died. Made it to Z:5 without an army due to poor management, but manged to complete it despite having to teleport away from a berserking guardian. (Drain life saved me there.)

3. MiPr of Okawaru (Elohin)
Started the ascension as a lajataur, found a +3 +12 bardiche of speed in elf as well as the Hat of the alchemist. Easy ascension, not very special.

4. OgBe of Trog (QuarterPounder)
Clubbed things until they stopped moving with a rElec +6 GSC. Killed and wore Tiamat.

5. SpEn of Nemelex (Tobamf IV)
Standard SpEn stuff. Ended with the cloak of flash, bearhat, robe of the night, and a +7 distortion quickblade. (And the captains cutlass and the ratskin cloak.) I vitrified Z:5, so everything had to be banished to clean it.

6. DsVM of Vehumet (Poxward)
A standard Icestorm build (my first in fact.) Monstrous and had antennae, but wore no artefact equipment aside from a rMut amulet with some stat boosts. Mutations were: Antennae, Talons, Claws, Fireblood, Augmentation, and Powered by Death. Powered by death and antennae were the high points.

7. CeMo of Okawaru (Tobamf VII)
Centaur archer with a bit of UC melee. Not using the find command made searching for arrows a bitch.

8. GhMo of Makhleb (Sharktooth)
Standard fighter of Makhleb build. Armour, punching and invocations (though no shield or gloves.) Found the dragon king armour and the mask of a dragon, a beast in melee combat.

9. HaGl of Okawaru (Riley37)
Standard slinger with the shield of resistance, "+6 splint mail of Protective Custody (worn) {rF++ rC++ MR Dex-1 Stlth++}", Bloodbane, and the Shaolin ring. Finesse, a +7 velocity sling, and +11 slaying messed up enemies.

10. DrTm of Malkheb (Prometheus)
Standard buff and dragonform transmuter, was a grey draconian which was cool but none too notable.

11. MuWz of Sif Muna (Ramzeez)
Started as a wizard and impspammed until the first book. Skipped haunt and progressed to dragons as quickly as possible. Had bear spirit and was the only ascension at a level less than 27 (xl25). Clearing zot was a piece of cake.

12. FeWz of Vehumet (SuperCatPrime)
Was not wearing any artefacts. Killed death yaks in lair with conjure flame until poison arrow was castable (found Annihilations before Veh gifted any books.) Died to: D:4 Price Ribbit, D:11 Josephine (mineshaft), Orc:4 Stone Giant, D:18 Yaktaur staircase ambush, and a Zot:5 Orb of Fire. Almost died on a D:1 exit trying to fight a Pan lord, but exited instead. Firestormer. Learned to hate ribbit and cast defensive skills before taking stairs on this ascension.

13. NaWr of Okawaru (Sergeant Snaketail)
Went Okawaru and spent all acquirements on armour for the lightning scales. No luck, but found the hat of the alchemist and fencers gloves. Haste then charging the enemy worked great.

14. HEWz of Vehumet (Twink Letits)
My only four rune ascension (because I wanted to open a trove demanding the abyssal rune.) Standard firestormer that found the rings of Vitality and the mage. Managed to ascend with a mere 6 base strength, though str gauntlets helped. The trove I worked hard to unlock was a book trove, which was nice but a bit of a letdown.

15. OpIE of Vehumet (Octofrost)
Icestormer, stuck with a +2 +3 falchion of protection all game. Also wore the mask of the dragon, which looks hilarious on an octopode.

16. VpEn of Okawaru (Steven)
A hybrid stabber/fighter. Used a +5 fire dagger and a +9 freezing double sword. Found the ring of vitality and brooch of shielding. Notable for stabbing an orb of fire and defeating Mennas in a duel.

17. SEEE of Vehumet (Fatass Ramonov)
An earlygame Devastator made me paranoid about dying to no end. Won with the amulet of the 4 winds and ring of vitality. As well as cloaks of ratskin and flash. Shatter and crystal spear were used with abbadon.

18. HuVM of Vehumet (David)
Icestormer. Found the sceptre of torment in a trog church vault and the robe of augmentation in a trove. Had lichform but only used it against tormentors.

19. MfIE of Ashenzari (Silien)
Found a vampiric glaive which carried me through the game, (and the glaive of the guard which was unused.) Swapped to a +7 chopping bardiche later and found the war gauntlets. Notable for not using scry or XP transfer. Ever(probably).

20. DgWz (Ragni)
Found a book of earth early on and went straight for stone arrow. Found Wucad Mu in the Crypt 5 Yrednemul Temple ending which I shattered through. Also found the faerie dragon armour, but not the spriggan queen whom I shattered to death before encountering. Had a 9 potion of speed trove, but was unopenable due to shatterspam and a lack of potions and potion stores.

21. DDBe of Trog (Dregar the Furious)
Standard DDBe, was gifted a vampiric axe mid-lair which carried me through zot. Found crazy resistance faith and rMut amulets, and ended with severely low MP due to an unwillingness to use Trog's Hand, but uncaring use of wand charging.

22. TrAr of Nemelex (Twisted Fat)
An extremely lucky ascension. Found a fire dragon armour and the shield of ignorance in a lair labyrinth, and got the hat of the bear spirit and amulet of the four winds in later bazaars.

23. KoWz of Vehumet (Terror)
Firestormer. Found the scimitar of flaming death on a D:10 vault filled with fire elementals, wielded by Azreal. Visited Cigotuvi's Fleshworks but was unable to complete it due to hunger issues (found a artefact rMut amulet there, but was mutated heavily trying to get it.)

24. TeWz of Vehumet (Kuwabara)
A well equipped ascension, planned for firestorms and had it ready around swamps. Found the robe of augmentation, cloak of the thief, and shield of the gong. Tested the shield of the gong for its rumors of being a trap unrand and was delighted with its performance. It doesn't seem to attract EVERYTHING on the map, and its high strength as a shield combined with guardian reduce the damage you take, even to your MP. (Bear in mind, this was on a firestormer, it might not be so good on a melee character.)

Also note that the NaWr, HEWz, and OpIE were a streak (somehow). Anyhow, I'm taking a break before I try for 15 runes!

veh 9
oka 5
trog 2
nem 2
malk 2
sif 1
ash 1
yred 1
Attachments
Ascensions.rar
72 Files, 24 ascensions
(887.87 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Last edited by cursednobleman on Sunday, 14th October 2012, 09:54, edited 5 times in total.
"You draw a card... It is the Bones."

For this message the author cursednobleman has received thanks: 2
Lulero, MyOtheHedgeFox

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 10th September 2012, 05:11

Re: YAVP: 24 3 runers! One of every species!

I would like to see morgue file for each race/class combination. Now I want to try out different things, but I don't have the vaguest idea how to proceed as non-standard type (standard type for me being fighter, of course).

Swamp Slogger

Post Monday, 10th September 2012, 05:59

My "Standard type" was a XXWz of Vehumet as you can see (7 wizard ascensions, 9 Vehumet ascensions total.) I choose wizard for petty reasons (the hat and the MP/Int boosts), and I've simply adapted to using conjure flame and meph cloud to kill everything until I find a book or backup weapon. Fire Elementalists are popular because of sticky flame and conjure flames power, Try a Human Fire Elementalist for a start into mages maybe.

Vestibule Violator

Post Monday, 10th September 2012, 06:27

Thats quite a set. I'm surprised that you don't have more 4-5 rune ascensions (abyss, slime) or even some 15ers. Do you have many deaths in the extended endgame or you just avoid it?
Won all race/bg, unwon (online): Nem* Hep Uka
Favourites: 15-rune Trog, OgNe/OgIE/OgSu (usually Ash), Ds, Ru, SpEn, Ce of Chei, Qaz

Swamp Slogger

Post Monday, 10th September 2012, 06:41

I've not visited Pan, though I've killed a promising KoAM in the slime pits (no rCorr, wanted to open a trove with the slimy rune), and I've gotten the abyssal rune twice, the first was with a dead FeBe that got banished three times, the third time, he found the holy abyssal rune vault. My next objective is to do extended, maybe as a mummy summoner type or something.

Mines Malingerer

Post Monday, 10th September 2012, 12:55

Very nice! Congratulations on those ascensions and the 3 wins streak. This is way more impressive to me than some 15 runners, I feel once you are able to clear Zot:5 the game is pretty much yours to lose unless you play without spoilers or want to clear a ziggurat. I'm sure you won't have any real trouble in Pandemonium, it's easier than you seem to think; imho tomb, slime & hells are harder, save for Cerebov.

And thank you for sharing, it inspires me to try and do the same.

Abyss Ambulator

Post Monday, 10th September 2012, 13:16

I too found Tomb way harder than Pandemonium. The final floor is just mentally exhausting.

Slime Squisher

Post Monday, 10th September 2012, 21:04

Nice! I eventually want to do this too, but I always end up going for too many runes and get killed in post game. I have 3 so far though, ghoul, ogre (15 rune) and Mino.

Return to YASD! YAVP! and characters in progress too